ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VlReaderr
    Original poster 8 posts

When trying to start "Watch Dogs: Legion" there is only this message.

In \Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs\launcher_log.txt there is a line:
    [20672] 2022-01-03 19:19:11 [12172] ERROR PlayLaunchGame.cpp (150) Game executable is not found at bin/WatchDogsLegion.exe.

This file is definitely there:
    PS D:\Games\Watch Dogs Legion> dir bin\*.exe
    Каталог: D:\Games\Watch Dogs Legion\bin
    Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
    ---- ------------- ------ ----
    -a---- 21.12.2021 2:23 143184 WatchDogsLegion.exe
    -a---- 21.12.2021 2:23 830984 WatchDogsLegion_BE.exe

Windows 10 Pro.

After "Ubisoft Connect" reinstall there is no shortcut in Start menu of local user, only in Administrator Start menu.

Local user has no administrative permissions and will not.

When "Ubisoft Connect" is started with Administrator, it runs "Watch Dogs: Legion". But all settings, savegames, photos and so on are placed in Administrator's home folder and not accessible by local user.

All other games run correctly.

Support asks for MSInfo and DXDiags 5 or 6 times. What is the point?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1533 posts

Hey @VlReaderr, thanks for getting through to us, welcome to forums and sorry to hear about the difficulty you're having with launching Watch Dogs: Legion game.

Based on the information you've provided, I understand that the difficulty only occurs if you are attempting to access the game through Windows user that does not have any Admin Privileges, however if this is granted, you're able to play as normal, is that right? I've had a closer look at your case as I can see you have an extensive one, however due to language difference, this is something I was a little confused about, therefore waned to check if this is the case indeed.

Let us know and we will take it from there!

Official Response
  • VlReaderr
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-karl, yes, you are correct.
    The only game could not start by non-admin user is Watch Dogs: Legion.
    Other games run correctly. Division and Ghost Recon run as is, all Assassin's Creed games ask for admin password on start (of course, it would be better without admin password, but it's OK if they run OK).

Support asks me for DxDiags and MsInfo 8 times already. What is the point? Are they robots?

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 889 posts

@vlreaderr Hey there, I understand your frustration that you cannot play your game. The reason our Support agents are asking again for your (updated) MSINFO and Dxdiag is to get a fresh perspective on what needs to be done after you have completed the steps you have been given prior.

Official Response
  • VlReaderr
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-spacecats, to be clear, I can play the game if run Ubisoft Connect as administrator.
    But all settings, saves, photos and so on are placed in administrator's home folder an can not be accessed by user.

Shortcut to Ubisoft Connect is also placed in administrator's Start menu and can not be accessed by user, so I had to make this shortcut manually. This is a common problem with installer, because we need admin permissions to install Ubisoft Connect (why?). It results in some minor inconvenience, and let it be.

The only step could be seen in MsInfo is clean boot. They told me to do clean boot twice. What for?

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1533 posts

Hey @VlReaderr, thanks for your response and I understand exactly what you're referring to.

For any technical related issues that occur on PC platforms, we do suggest players to complete the following steps, out of which one of them is indeed to start the client and the game itself with Administrator Rights.

I do understand where you're coming from and the inconvenience this may possibly cause, however the only thing we could do from here onwards is forward the feedback to our team and make sure your voice is heard. Until then, as a potential workaround, I am unaware whether it's something you'd be willing to consider, but you could grant Administrative Rights to the other Windows user you may use and it may make things a little easier, however I do understand that this may not always be possible.

Apologies if this may not be the outcome you possibly anticipated and if you do happen to have any further queries, let us know!

Official Response
  • VlReaderr
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-karl. thank you.
    If developers will need any additional info, please let me know.

Legion is a great game, congratulations to the Watch Dogs team.

Suggested Topics