ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1137 posts

Since now I am using more the handgun because it finally does some damage and it has some stopping power, I need to know where to find the best. And NO, I don't mean that Rainbow Desert Eagle, I wouldn't be caught dead using that thing unless I was mocking someone or using for a picture mocking someone or the Studio.

I am looking for the one I can have the most magazine ammo so there is no need to reload often. The Store only offers the Fisher Whisper which I really don't like and then a revolver and a 1911 which is awesome for a collector but not for combat due to the color. Hey, it is all you guys's fault and pressure to look the part so, yeah!, help a brother out now.

Also, don't forget to mentioned where is it, what province and near what landmark so I can find it easy.

Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MikeWeeks
    253 posts

@fcac-no-moe Pull up the objective board, scroll to top, and under the Weapons panel, view the handguns that are in the game. Look over the stats, as well as location if not already in your inventory.

As just a general statement - can't go wrong for damage with the Mk23, which is purchased from Maria with Skell credits. Another good choice is the 5.7 USG.

• FcAc-No-Moe

Thanks Mike, it will have to be tomorrow, I am gutted at the moment. I had already finish with the last part of Christina Cromwell's mission, which, with this Mod is not as easy as it sounds. Anyways I needed to get to the new location, but I knew we had now 2 SAM launch sites in the nearby buildings so I got all of us in the helo (CM, Fury & I), landed on top of the building nearby, pull out my Tac 50, which according to the Studio, that we all know is all about Authenticity, uses .338 ammo.

But I digress, so again, I pulled out the Tac 50, took 1 shot to each SAM Launch site and "Hasta La Vista Baby", SAM sites were down, got to the Helo, Fury got in, didn't see anything else so I figured that CM was already in as well, flew just about on top of the buildings where the SAM Sites were when MISSION FAIL, YOU ARE TO FAR AWAY FROM TARGET!!!!

WHAT THE DOUBLE FRACKS? just like that? No warning at least before you screw up the whole mission? UGH!

Any ways... I thought the same stuff that Maria has one could buy at the Biv? is that not the case I guess then?

Also, I really don't know which one the objective board is but I am sure I'll figure it out tomorrow as well. Sorry but nobody said I thought I was the brightest bulb in the Chandelier and to my defense, the whole Menu of this game sucks big donkey schlongs.

• Steven527
    372 posts

I've been rolling lately with the p227. Does the job as much as I need it to. I also had a requirement to be a .45 so I don't have to worry about my 9mm and 5,56 ammo

As to the mission, yeah you have to carry her all over the place. You usually do get an indication you are too far from someone you are supposed to rescue but I think they set it to foot traffic pace. The Helo is already too far by the time they let you know.

• FcAc-No-Moe

@steven527

I still wish that the handgun did a little more damage than what they still do now. Is there a way to make them a bit more powerful/damaging to the enemy w/o overpowering the other weapons?

I am switching between the P227 and the 5.7 USG that Mike also mentioned but I have not been able to find the MK23 unless is the one I mentioned that I don't want to get because it is to colorful for my taste and what I believe nobody would use in combat let alone a special Op dude.

• MikeWeeks
    253 posts

@fcac-no-moe The MK23 is sold by Maria for skell credits.

It's a "custom" Desert Eagle that you're thinking of that's "colorful" - it was a giveaway and is already in a player's inventory.

• Virtual-Chris
    799 posts

If you're looking for mag capacity, then I don't think you can beat the FN Five-Seven but I consider it somewhat non-immersive since it uses a very specialized round (shared with the P90) that you just wouldn't find lying around Auroa.

My fav handgun is the HK UCP which has just an average clip size, but recoil is very manageable making quick follow up shots a lot easier. It's arguably not truly immersive either, since the recoil should be worse on a .45 than the 9mm options. If you want it, the blueprint is at Wolf Outpost Red Tiger next to that lake to the North of Erewhon. It's also a handgun commonly used by special forces so there's that.

It's a shame they don't have a Glock.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @fcac-no-moe The MK23 is sold by Maria for skell credits.

It's a "custom" Desert Eagle that you're thinking of that's "colorful" - it was a giveaway and is already in a player's inventory.

Ohhhh Ahhhh, OK. Yes, I have it already and I only use it when I want to Mock someone or feel like an idiot when I see my character. Everytime I see it I cringe, not so much because the Studio had the Audacity to give it to us but because some one thought, "Oh Hell Yeah! That's what I am talking about" and it is now wearing it like a badge of honor! 😞

Thanks guys for the inputs and location, much obliged

Oh and Chris, it is truly a shame that at this day and age and on a so called Tactical Military shooter we still don't have optics on handguns or, what is worse, to have the whole sights interfere with what you are trying to hit 😊

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

For sidearms, I tend to prefer those that do not share ammo with my primary weapons, usually an assault rifle (ASR) and DMR / Sniper. As such, I normally use .45 cal. sidearms, which despite their lower damage, tend to have a larger ammo pool and better handling than the 9mm sidearms. I apologise if I do not provide the locations of their blueprints as I obtained them awhile ago when the game first launched (I pre-ordered it like an idiot...) and have mostly forgotten where I looted them from.

Also, do note that regardless of pistol damage amount, headshots will instantly kill any human enemy except those wearing armored helmets, which is mainly the Sentinel heavy gunner (Minigunner) and the Bodark Breachers and Dreadnoughts.

However, here is a link: (https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ghost-recon-breakpoint-blueprint-locations-where-to-find-new-weapons-and-attachments) that may help in finding them.

Also, here's another link if you wish to discuss loadouts and rationales.

NOTE: If using 3rd person aim, turn on your crosshair, as there seems to be a mis-alignment between the pistol underbarrel laser pointers and where shots actually land.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

.45 Caliber Pistols

As it currently stands, for sheer practicality, the basic M1911 with the extended pistol magazine is essentially an ultra-short-barrel semi-auto rifle, with damage on par with the Mk23 and FN5.7 , but better stability / recoil / shot spread / ROF. The narrow sight picture however does leave something to be desired, but it is overall a solid choice for a primary close range combat pistol, especially against the Op. Motherland armored bodark breachers / radio ops / dreadnoughts, which require multiple high damage rounds to break their armor plating or 2-5 headshots to get through their helmets to the squishy heads underneath. Furthermore, it tends to have a slight range advantage over most other sidearms, which allows for longer range headshots.

Otherwise for general purpose backup / 'oh-crap' use, the P45 and USP are solid all rounders, with decent damage, great handling / accuracy, ROF and very good sight pictures.
    Your mileage with these two may vary from mine, as while the USP has a better sight picture, I find the P45 better overall despite its listed stats being inferior due to my in-game combat use indicating better recoil.control and less shot spread over time. Their effective range / bullet drop is also quite decent, allowing you to place shots relatively easily at 75-100m. The ability to also use extended pistol magazines also makes them decent for emergency cqc mag-dumping as well, although the M1911 does perform better when similarly speced due to its higher base damage.

The P227 is also a decent choice for a backup sidearm since players start with it and are likely to become accustomed to its handling characteristics first, although the lower damage and magazine size tends to render it impractical as a primary combat weapon compared to the M1911 / P45 / USP.

The Mk23 is also great fun to use due to its high accuracy, but despite similarly high damage to the M1911, its low ROF tends to hinder it beyond stealth shooting and combat headshots.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

9MM Pistols

If you don't mind higher recoil on your sidearm, these 9mm pistols are also quite decent as they tend to have better base damage than their .45 cal. counterparts (tends to also hold true for SMGs...).

The M9 pistol has similar damage to the M4 / HK416 ASRs, and decent sights / magazine capacity / ROF, making for a decent general-use sidearm.

The P320 has one of the best sight pictures for close range shooting, and similar damage to the P45 / USP, but much shorter range and slightly more recoil, with the ability to extend its magazine to 21 rounds.

For heavy base damage and ROF from the get-go, consider the C-SFP, which is great for emergency single-target mag dumping, but beware its horrendous recoil.
    Also, it, together with the F40 (lower ROF), lacks the ability to take extended magazines, which does somewhat limit your ability to quickly engage multiple targets that require more shots to bring down due to their smaller magazine capacities.

Pistols I would avoid

Personally, I would avoid the Maxim-9 as while it does look aesthetically pleasing, its integral suppressor lowers its actual damage unless using the Panther / Echelon classes, and it has zero mods, lower ROF and huge shot spread compared to the other pistols.

Also, while I envy its effective range, I avoid the FN5.7 due to it sharing ammo with my 5.56mm Assault Rifles (ASRs) which can cause problems when ammo is scarce. It also has one of the highest recoils and larger shot spreads of the pistols, which tends to render its longer range moot due to the inability to actually hit enemies being shot at if rapidly pressing the trigger.

Pistols I would use for fun (Potential spoilers for new players)

The basic Desert Eagle is quite fun to use, but not very practical due to it sharing its small ammo pool with sniper rifles (.338 cal.), and its high recoil / spread / small magazine tend to make it impractical for faster shooting beyond point-blank range. However, due to its damage being basically double that of the M1911 / FN5.7, it does drop single basic enemies at cqc combat faster than other pistols. However, that limited ammo pool would likely be better spent using sniper rifles due to their higher damage, especially the so-called .50 caliber range of anti-material snipers. Also, actually acquiring the blueprints for it is rather risky as it is guarded by a Behemoth in addition to the usual Wolves / Sentinel.

(SPOILER)
    Alternatively you can consider the Sharp Thunder revolver, which does even more damage than the Desert Eagle, although you can only acquire it after defeating Walker.

Also, while not a conventional pistol, there is a shotgun-revolver from one of the past events (I forget the name) the blueprint of which should be available at Maria's / Bivouac store. It does similar damage to the magazine fed semi-auto shotguns, but is considered a sidearm, and serves as a fun 'oh-crap, no time to reload, the enemy is next to me' option, especially against basic infantry. It uses shotgun shells instead of 9mm / .45 cal.

HOWEVER, do note that these 3 listed 'FUN' options cannot be suppressed, with the exception of an MTX-only variant of the Desert Eagle, which renders them unsuited for stealthier players looking for a pistol to use as their main weapon. Two of them also lack the ability to place underbarrel pistol laser-pointers, which supposedly aids in handling.

Ultimately though, while I can make these recommendations, you should go with the pistol that you feel best suits you and your preferred playstyle as all of them are effective if their characteristics are taken into account when fighting enemies.

I hope you find this useful, feel free to reply with and questions, comments or concerns, and have a fun game.

Cheers. 😊

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

I use the C-FSP (HS-Produkt G2 and/or Springfield XD Mod 2), and the FN 5.7 exclusively.

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

@flanker1six

Those are indeed good guns to use due to their damage and ROF at CQB, but how exactly do you deal with that punishing recoil?

Also, the ammo pool, especially for the FN5.7, seems like an issue to me especially if you are using a 5.56mm primary. Unless you only use pistols?

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

@angriusmaximus If I'm using th4e Five Seven I always run a primary in a different caliber. e.g. H&K UMP/G28 combo, or if I'm carrying a single primary; it's the ARX 200/203 or Desert Tech MDR/203. If I'm using a 5.56 primary; that's when I use the C-FSP as my pistol.

I've never noticed an issue with recoil on either pistol. I always play as a Panther---that class gets an automatic perk of suppressors NOT nerfing either pistol or SMG performance----maybe that class attenuates pistol recoil too? 🤔

BTW: I owned a Five Seven Government Model for about a year; maybe 18 months----a few years ago. It was BIG; very easy shooting with FN's SS197 cartridges, and amazingly light even with a full 20 rd mag! HATED the safety location though!

Oh yea.........................locations:

Five Seven is in the NE portion of the Wild Coast at the Hybrid Engine Factory.

C-FSP is in is in the southern portion of Lake Country at Skell Security Operations.

• FcAc-No-Moe

Has any of you guys been able to play with the value of the handgun so it gives you a bit more muscle? I am still wanting to utilize it even more for CQC/CQB occasions but there are times when you can't go for a headshot and it takes too many shots for body kills, understanding that part of the issue is the core coding or programming.

Anyways, if you guys have a better solution let me know.

Suggested Topics