ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1667 posts

I happened to find myself riding through Wulfgeard and noticed that there was a locked chest in an barricaded house, but the chest did not show up on the map. Now I am wondering how many chests in the game there are I have missed which do not show up on the map. I don’t know if this is a bug or the result of deliberate design, but I would appreciate some help in knowing about other possible chests.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@thenorfolkian same here.

Previously I reported some chest not being shown in Francia, few weeks ago I found another chest somewhere in (South-eastern I think?) England, but I don't remember where that was.

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 I’ll start poking around SE England and see if I can find the one you mentioned... assuming I didn’t already get it months ago and have long forgotten.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@thenorfolkian I found it while hunting for opals. That was the same case - in a hut, needed to be unlocked.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys, thanks for reaching out to us and apologies about the delayed response from our team.

After doing some digging around, I can see that similar instances have been brought up in the past, where other small chests were not visible on the map, however using Odin Sight, players were able to reveal them.

This has been forwarded to our development team since, however we have been informed that this is working as intended, and only medium or bigger chests are intended to be visible on the map.

Should you have any further queries or run into any other difficulties, drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1804 posts

@ubi-karl so how will you explain these are not visible for Synin? Every other chest is, also wealth carried by soldiers, but these particular chests are not. What is so special about these chests?
    We're waiting for some explanation, just not "working as intended".

• TheNorfolkian

@ubi-karl Thanks for the response, but I have to completely agree with @bielik01 on this. If you’re saying small chests are not visible on the map, then what’s the point of having them in the game if players only happen to detect them on the off-chance that Odin‘s Sight is used? What sense is it for players to spam Odin’s Sight constantly just to see if there might be a completely hidden chest in range?

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@ubi-karl and what are medium chests anyway?
    We weren't handed any manual for the game, so basically everything should be self explanatory.
    We found something that doesn't work like anything else we normally find in the game. I think we at least deserve some explanation.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@ubi-karl ...

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Thanks for sharing!! I went and discovered that I had not previously found that chest. Nice find!!

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@thenorfolkian oh, you didn't get Fabric. This game has so many bugs it's even hard to tell 😞

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 Yeah, it’s so weird... that may explain why I have so much more fabric than you after clearing out all the visible chests. You did knock them all out, right?

I’m gonna hit up those Ireland locations next... I suspect I did not notice them before.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@thenorfolkian I haven't cleared whole Island of Skye because of the Fabric bug. I'll just wait until it gets fixed (or not...).

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 I checked for that chest in Asfinn and found that I had previously discovered it, but probably didn’t notice it wasn‘t on the map. I recall going up there because of those stone figurines along the waterfall, which lead you up to a scroll that talks about the origin of the Shards of Amber.

However... thanks to your discovery in the mining camp at Durrow, I now have another fabric. I do find it very odd that a locked chest did not make it on the map.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2116 posts

@bielik01 I hadn't done the first of these, though had done the ones in Ireland. Wonder if there are still others out there . . .

• Randelia
    395 posts

There is a table with a letter telling about a chest somebody hid. This might be the one, and the reason it's not on the map.

Suggested Topics