• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

@ultramegapower

Not a problem, thanks!

Official Response
  • Palpatimo
    5 posts

Greetings everyone,

I am aware this forum category is not ideal for this, but there is obviously no category for something that is not supported which is why I found this to be closest fitting one.

Currently, to my awareness, it is not only unsupported but also impossible to run The Division 2 on a Linux or Steam Deck Linux platform due to the inherent EasyAntiCheat incompatibility.

Historically, this would be a dead end, but recently, Valve has been working with EasyAntiCheat to come up with a proton/linux-compatible EasyAntiCheat version [1], which according to Valve requires no recompilation but does require action on the game developer's end [2]: (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1). A detailed description of the steps necessary is available on the Steam Partner website (publicly available) here and works for both the EAC Online Services version as well as the EAC Kamu version: h: (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1 [2])ttps://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1 [2]: (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1)
    Although The Division 2 is not a Steam game, using Proton and the Steam Deck is still possible.

Is this something that is being considered or that could be forwarded to the team?

Before it comes up, I believe I speak for the majority of well spirited Linux "gamers" out there when I say that official Linux support for the game is in no way expected or requested, but rather that we would wish to be allowed to try for ourselves with all the tools that we have. (Proton, Proton EasyAntiCheat Runtime, etc.)

Thanks for your time and with

Best Regards,
    Timo

Sources:
    [1] https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/3137321254689909034
    [2] https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1: (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/steamdeck/proton#1)

• Effercer
    2 posts

I'd like to sign this petition too. Support Linux, please.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @effercer, thanks for getting in touch. I understand why you would like to see The Division 2 support Linux. I have gone ahead and forwarded this feedback over to our teams. For any updates or news regarding this, please check our News and Announcements section.

• Palpatimo
    5 posts

Hi @ubi-gizmo ! Thank you a lot for reaching out and forwarding, it means a lot to the Linux gaming community!
    I have recently created a similar post (having not seen this one) right here on the Ubisoft Forums with a few details and resources on the topic.
    I'd like to add that while every bit of support is greatly appreciated, apart from the actions required for anti cheat to work, full official and technical support is often not needed as most Linux users are well aware that Linux is neither the main platform nor officially supported in most cases.

Best regards,
    Timo

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey @palpatimo,

Thank you for kindly taking the time out to share this update and your kind words.

If ever there is anything else we can help with, just let us know.

Official Response
  • ahmed4119
    2 posts

I would honestly appreciate it if ubisoft started enabling linux support on their games. I was thrilled when Apex legends just supported their game on linux while ubisoft keeps ignoring linux users with every game release.
    We are not asking for native games, but just enabling the anti-cheat software for linux operating systems. I still find it frustrating that an E-sport title like rainbow six siege still doesn't support linux even though battleye supported linux for so long.

Not sure if linux is on the map for ubisoft at all, But @tcarlisle2012 comment is so interesting, What are gonna people do with all out of date machines that won't support windows 11.

The ball is on ubisoft's side and I hope you start enabling anti-cheat software for linux. I played The division 1 and watch dogs 1 without any flaws on linux using an INTEL INTEGRATED GPU and getting decent frames.

PLEASE ENABLE THE ANTI-CHEAT SOFTWARE ON LINUX.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3876 posts

Thanks for sharing this @ahmed4119 , we'll note it to the team.

For now we have no further information regarding Linux support being introduced though.

Should this change, we'll let you know.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Palpatimo
    5 posts

Hey @Ubi-Nacho and Ubi-Team,

is it possible to merge this thread with The division 2 not playable on Linux? They discuss the same issue and being merged, it would be easier to check on the current progress as well as more closely representing the importance of this issue to us.

Either way, thank you for your time. It means a great deal to us!

Best regards,
    Timo

• Ubi-TheBerry

Consider it done @Palpatimo 🙂

Official Response
  • Noxin7
    1 posts

Just essentially bumping for visibility, Division 2 (division 1 works beautifully) and Lost Ark are the big blockers to playing exclusively on my Steam deck/Linux, both for the same reason - EAC! This is an important topic for my wife and I. It would be greatly appreciated to at least try to get a response for us, even a "Yes"/"No"/"Low Priority and buried in Jira" would be wonderful.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2757 posts

Hello @Noxin7,

Thanks for the update!

Regretfully, we are unable to share our internal information from reporting, I'm afraid. Rest assured, we passed all of the feedback and as soon as we have more official details to share, we'll let everyone know.

Thank you for your understanding and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Toruq
    1 posts

As somebody who has recently purchased a Steam Deck, I also want to express interest in receiving support for the Division 2 on Linux. I'm aware that we won't be receiving any official news at the moment, but I wanted to make sure to add my +1 and express my support for this effort.

Thank you.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2757 posts

Hello @Toruq,

Thank you for sharing this with us! I'll pass your comment as well to the team 🙂

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response
  • Halfloaf.
    2 posts

Adding my +1 to this thread , loving playing division 1 on steam deck , and would love to be able to get my Division 2 running also , without resorting to Win 10/11

Please enable the easy anti cheat option for linux and win more friends ? 🙂

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Thanks @Halfloaf

We have passed on the thread so the dev team can see how many comments the thread is getting asking for this 🙂

Official Response
  • Predatorian0
    1 posts

Hello! I wanted to throw my voice out there and ask for Linux+Proton support for EAC so that I can play The Division 2 as well as Rainbow Six Extraction, Siege, and Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Being able to play these on my Linux PC would be real nice.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for reaching out @Predatorian0 , we'll pass this on! 🙂

Official Response
  • Halfloaf.
    2 posts

Found the following regarding the issue with Easy Antii cheat , perhaps this can help the developers to speed up the fix ..

I will personally buy the Dev who fixes this a beer 🙂

• Kynnallith
    1 posts

I'd also like to show my support for this cause. It would be great if we could get Linux support.

Suggested Topics