ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• veronica5585
    Original poster 5 posts

My game keeps crashing randomly with no error message. It started after I settled in England in game, and the first few crashes, I got this "Oh no it crashed, send us a report" message but I don't get it anymore. I noticed Geforce Experience "Optimized" the game without me noticing, so I changed back to my own settings, which is just "high" and not "very high" or "ultra". And now it just crashes without any sign, without any freezing or anything. Game just closes, disappears while I'm playing normally. 

My system:
    Windows 11 Home
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX (16 CPUs - 3.3GHz)
    16GB RAM
    DirectX 12
    NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3060 (Laptop)

It's a brand new ROG Strix Laptop. Have been using it like since last week or so. And Ac Valhalla is the first game I bought to play on my new laptop. But it keeps crashing on me for no reason that I can figure out.
    I'm not using any mods, trainers or anything.
    I'm suspecting it might be something about "Ubisoft Connect" software or something. 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@veronica5585
    Hello,
    Maybe, but really not 100% sure, this "trick" given by @orkun86 will help you :

enter nvdia control pannel-Help- and click debug mode and it iwll fix your problem thx me layter.

I found it in this megathread :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78181/pc-i-am-experiencing-frequent-crashes-freezes-in-game-post-here/18?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

Good luck to you 🤞

• veronica5585
    Original poster 5 posts

@azullfr "nvdia control pannel-Help- and click debug mode" ? Well, I'll try. Thanks.

Edit: Seems like it worked so far. I've been playing for some hours and no crash yet.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@veronica5585

Great news !
    I hope you will enjoy the game for a long time 🤞
    Many thanks for your response ( and to @orkun86 for the tip) 🙂

• veronica5585
    Original poster 5 posts

@azullfr
    And bad news, later it crashed again. Just the same way. It just took way longer this time.
    Maybe it's the latest Nvidia driver causing the problem. Or the game itself. I don't know. I can't be the only one who's having this problem...
    It's really annoying playing with the constan fear of the game crashing on the back of your mind, not knowing when it will happen, constantly saving, when you go on a raid or in an important mission or in a boss fight, hoping it won't crash when you're just about to complete it, beat the boss enemy or whatever... It's such a stress.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@veronica5585
    I am really sorry for you 😞

I'm just thinking about this (I don't know if it's your case) : it's better to have UbiConnect and Ubi games on the same drive

There are a lot of people affected by these crashes, some have reverted to an older Nvidia driver but I'm not sure it still works fine,
    there is a Megathread about this issues there :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/78181/pc-i-am-experiencing-frequent-crashes-freezes-in-game-post-here/1?lang=en-US&sort=newest_to_oldest

I really hope you will have a fix soon 🤞

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2571 posts

Hey @veronica5585

I'm sorry for the delayed reply here and to hear about your crashing issues whilst playing on your new laptop.

Generally if it's a driver issue, it usually affects most players using those drivers, but you are free to test reverting graphics drivers and giving it a go, as you can always just update them back if it didn't help. Previous graphic driver versions should be available to you on your graphics card manufacturer's website.

There is also some more steps found in this article that can help.

Also, thanks @azullFR for offering some assistance already 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics