ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    2666 posts

@rcdeschene
    thanks for these infos 🙂

seems that you have some kind of issues with player's joms =
    you see them more often than I can see in my "not fully connected account",
    but less than in my good one ( = every time I launch the game, using the "fully connected" account, I can find one )

seems that Ubisoft have to do more work about their Cloud ( they just appointed, July 5, 2022, a new director that is supposed to have a solid experience about cloud and other things, thus, I'm really not sure to see big changes in AC Valhalla ... )

• TheNorfolkian
    1660 posts

Did a hotfix get deployed? I’ve been able to get an avenge quest two days in a row.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2776 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your updates on this thread and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

I can see that this issue is still being investigated by the development team and as soon as we have an update, we will let everyone know through this thread and the patch notes.

@TheNorfolkian - thank you for sharing an update with us! I can confirm that the fix hasn't been deployed yet as this issue is still being looked into. I'm glad, however, that you were able to get those quests!

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1660 posts

@Ubi-Mark However, I have noticed in the last few days that there are Jomsvikings missing at their usual hiring spots. Seems like there’s some kind of server issue whereby I am getting avenge quests, but no Joms to hire.

• shamaniack
    17 posts

@Randelia thank you mate!
    Worked for me as well in a couple of minutes.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2776 posts

Hello @TheNorfolkian,

Thank you for the update! It sounds like those issues might be linked - I'll pass it along to the team in order to speed up the ongoing investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4777 posts

Hi Vikings!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that this issue wherein players are unable to find any Avenge quests should have been resolved with the release of Title Update 1.5.3!

The patch was deployed on Tuesday, June 28. There has since been another update released today 1.6.0.

We have received reports from players that they are now receiving Avenge quests more frequently and the development team have also confirmed this and consider the issue resolved.

If you are still experiencing this issue then please ensure that you have the latest update installed.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. The support article here can help you to do this.

We can then use these reports to reopen the investigation should the issue persist following the 1.5.3 / 1.6.0 update. 

Official Response
  • merckuzio
    28 posts

@Ubi-Keo kind ubisoft staff, even after installing the latest version released today 1.6.0 , I am still unable to find assassins to avenge, nor recruit the vikings of jomsborg, could you please investigate my case? I also have up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. Thanks in advance.

• azullFR
    2666 posts

@merckuzio
    I have the same issue on PS4 : No Player's Jom at dock in Ravensthorpe & No Avenge Quest = I had to go to River Raid to get a Player's jom , a Jom's payment and a "maybe" avenge quest, wich is a mess, this since months and months ago, no single change with TU 1.5.3, I'm gonna try with TU 1.6.0 but I'm pretty sure this issue will still be there as they didn't (officially) change the related code since TU 1.5.3

[EDIT] : well, in fact with 1.6.0 on first run I could have 1 avenge quest after 30-45 min of gameplay, still didn't had the Player's Jom at dock, neither any Jom's payment, I'm gonna see later if the avange quest spwaned because it was the 1rst day after Patch (already happened this way, then the issue came back)

@Ubi-Keo
    didn't the team had my post from July 6 (TU 1.5.3) saying that I still had the issue ?
    aswell as my post from Jul 4, 2022, 1:56 PM UTC/GMT with more details ?

Do I need to open a ticket ?

PS4 pro & Valhalla up-to-date, Manual Cloud saves done

• merckuzio
    28 posts

@azullFR that's really, really bad...my same condiiton... 😞

• UbiMindflayer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 169 posts

Thanks for the updates, everyone! I'm sorry @merckuzio that you still cannot recruit a Jomsviking or get an Avenge quest following the latest title update! Thanks for going ahead and uploading your saves to the cloud as those will be quite helpful to our teams. So we can update our investigation, please provide a video from your gameplay showing the title update number on the game home menu and you trying to find a Jomsviking recruit. You can upload it to YouTube as a public or unlisted video and then send us the link here so I can send it up!

@azullFR Thanks for providing those details. Since you last posted, have you been able to recruit any Jomsvikings and have you found any other Avenge quests? Also, I checked and we did get your report from July 4. If both of these issues still occur for you (and/or the Avenge quests still appear rarely for you), please let me know and provide a picture of your game home screen. Thanks so much for working with us on this!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

if it's any help I have found an avenge quest or two recently, not looking for them, just going around killing people in Winchester usually

about the Jomsvikingr, I didn't see any this morning when doing whatever it was I was doing, probably trying to find out if it was (again) CachouMTL's Jomsviking, fast-travelling and so on did nothing, playing later in the day and they were in their usual places

• RCDeschene
    159 posts

Seriously, could we like, could we not have anymore of this community server-dependent stuff in the future? Like, community challenges are fine as we always seem to have enough players meeting the quotas every week, but the in-game stuff that depend on player actions like player death avenge quests or recruiting other player's characters really needs to stop. It's so unpredictable at best, buggy and unresponsive at worst.

• pesto.
    363 posts

Haven’t seen an avenge quest in a couple of weeks, it felt like there was a week or so about a month back when they’d pop up pretty often but then they stopped.

I really feel the mechanism is just broken at this point. I like the idea, but the implementation evidently doesn’t work. I don’t know what triggers an avenge quest. Maybe it would be better to have some random quest givers in each area who are always there like we had in Odyssey .

• SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

@pesto Ubisoft did clarify a while back some of how it's supposed to happen; if Eivor gets killed then there's a chance of it activating a quest (apparently there are "other circumstances", too) that someone else can do

I think, like others, that it's a server issue and, based on experience of Syndicate's unbelievable problem with Social Glitches, they're not going to fix it

that stated I get maybe one a week without trying - just wander around Winchester killing enemies for XP and the odd Great or diamond rune and one'll appear but it might only do that if you can see Jomsvikingr at docks

• Ryusennin
    167 posts

The only time the avenge missions have appeared consistently anywhere in the world was between the release of Ireland DLC and Paris DLC, basically all summer 2021. Some time after that period, they just stopped spawning. I haven't seen a single avenge quest since last Christmas (at least). I actually wondered about them while playing Ragnarok two or three months ago. I completed the DLC without seeing any player corpse. In Ireland and Paris, the avenge icon was frequently spawning 50 meters right in front of me.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2114 posts

@Ryusennin oh, yes, around that time it was very common indeed, like Shadow of Mordor for me, as soon as I eventually saw one the game spammed them every few minutes, and after that it dropped away almost completely

at present, though, as mentioned, they're a bit more common again though nowhere near as common as they were in the time period you point out

I suspect being in one location for a period of time is helpful but have no real evidence for that, I also usually get them pretty quickly in East Anglia around the usual place but that's dull and low-level, at least Winchester has more XP and runes

• merckuzio
    28 posts

@UbiMindflayer thx for asking a video, here for you a short clip showing impossible for me to recruit viking

• azullFR
    2666 posts

@merckuzio
    this happened to me yesterday, it was the very first time I see this : unable to interact with a player's Jom

Usually, when you have no problem to find Joms and Avenge quests, after a certain amount of time playing some of the connections to Ubi servers will be lost, usually it's the Joms that are missing at docks.

in my case (showing the same thing as yours) : the Jom's 3D texture was there, but not the connection, so no interact button (I fast travelled in Ravensthorpe = no more Player's Jom = Jom connection lost)

There is a dedicated Megathread there :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/98912/unable-to-find-jomsviking-to-hire-at-the-docks-post-here/1?lang=en-US

• azullFR
    2666 posts

@UbiMindflayer

about player's Jom : no change with TU 1.6.0
    about Avenge quests : in my problematic account I could have one in a condition, but also couldn't find one in usual conditions : need to do more tests to confirm

Game home screen :

[EDIT] : just to give an example =
    Today,

• Usually fine account = Loading a yesterday manual save = 1 Player's Jom (as usual) but no Avenge quest in 30-45 min
    • Usually bugged account = steps :
    1. Loading the latest yesterday Auto-save (forgotten do do a manual one) = No Player's Jom (as usual)
    2. Loading a 10 min older yesterday Auto-save = I didn't verified the Player's Joms
    3. Reloadind the New Auto-save the game mate today during step 1 = 1 Player's Jom (Unusual), then I bought an item at Reda, 20 min later I had an Avenge quest

Now, the question is :
    the Avenge quest spawned

• because I relaoded the Auto-save from step 3 ?

or

• because I bought an item at Reda shop ?

Note :
    the Auto-save I reloaded in step 3 is the one the Game usually does when starting : the Game does 2 Auto-saves = 1 in the Cloud + 1 on the drive (I reloaded the drive one)

So for now, more tests to be done to confirm what triggered the Avenge quest (or not) 🙂

Suggested Topics