ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

That beyound my understanding this dump quests.I want to see devs playing this every week,fooling around all the map like some idiots.What I think of that people who created this quest I already said outside of this forum.I stopped to play and looking for such dump quests like Avenge quest and Kill enemies by rushing into them with your mount.Another ridicilous challenge is killing from zipline,even if I know the location where I can complete it,Im not gonna play it.That dump qeust with a dump reward.What is worst Ubi not even trying to create something intresting,not removing and not fixing such quests.Players keep reporting issues,like challenge not registering and they keep giving same quests again.Is that very hard to create similiar quest,but with NPC,where you listen some story,then going to some location and doing some revenge?Seems hard for Ubi.I can see they not interested into fixing such things,but meanwhile artist working hard on new sets for the store D
    @bielik01 I know why you completed this quest.This location was suggested by streamers like some help in completing.I suggest come and die there on purpose or just start posting location where someone died.Oh right I forgot Ubi can regard this as cheating lol.I forgot that they think for players like some dump idiots,which must accept all that [censored] they give.I recommend devs who created such quest go and check their head,before its not to late.Same for the people who created trials.Seems they have sick mind.
    Im not gonna play such quest,until they create some intresting challenges.Imagine if in Hitman they created something like:hit 5 enemies with an apple,and then you just runnig around all the map like fool,looking for it.I think I would stop playing games that day.Thanks God not all games are so [censored] like Ubi games.I really tried not to use bad words here.

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@vegasheart not really, I just happened to be in the right place. About what you're saying there was a thing in the early days at Scotthoh Farm (now it's the only place I still get any avenge quests).

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

@bielik01 Maybe.All i know that this location was suggested by some streamers like helping place in completing.If people come to this location often,there always chance that someone could die there.Gotta run,cuz Im in chat que.... 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@bielik01

that's nitpicking ;o)

means you were near a place where the other one died

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding missing Avenge Quests. The development team have been notified about this issue, and are currently investigating further. This issue is currently under investigation by the development team. Once we have any updates to share with you all regarding this feature, they will be posted within this thread or via patch notes published within the News & Announcements forum.

In case you missed it earlier, my colleague @Ubi-Mushy provided some more details on how the Avenge Quests are designed to work in-game. The development team has since provided some more clarification, which I'd like to share with you below:

Here are some details on how avenge quests work in the game:

When a player dies in-game, the location and context of death are saved by the system. These avenge quests are then regularly fetched from the server and will spawn an avengeable corpse, so long as the following conditions are met:
    - The death occurred on a regular patch of landscape which avoids collision, or similar restrictions.
    - Avengeable corpses cannot spawn in certain areas. (Namely restrictive areas such as Assault Locations, Main Story Questline Areas, etc...)
    - Avengeable corpses will spawn in a distance of 200-250 meters from the alive player’s position.
    - Avengeable corpses can spawn so long as the system is able to verify an NPC or animal nearby the alive player's position.
    - Avengeable corpses will spawn regularly within the world as long as the player does not complete an avenge quest.
    - After completing an avenge quest, a cooldown timeframe of 1 hour will occur, which prevents the game from spawning any new avenge quests.

I hope this better explains how the Avenge Quests are designed to work in-game. If you do have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to find out more for you 🙂

@azullFR - Thanks for sharing your findings from the tests you carried out on both of your accounts! I've passed these along to the development team so they can take a closer look at them as part of the ongoing investigation.

@MikeFaust413, @TheNorfolkian & @MHwtf - I've shared your feedback about removing any weekly challenges that involve avenge quests from the rotation. If these types of weekly challenge are temporarily removed, we will be sure to notify you all within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01
    1717 posts

@ubi-mushy that doesn't explain why I was given avenge quests in Palais de la Cité.

• VegasHeart
    104 posts
    @ubi-borealis  I've shared your feedback about removing any weekly challenges that involve avenge quests from the rotation. If these types of weekly challenge are temporarily removed, we will be sure to notify you all within this thread.

Im agree with that this quest need to be removed at all.When fisherman quest was broken they removed it,but they keep giving this.They dont have time to sit and create some scripts and build normal simliar quest,but with NPC instead of players?Maybe they need some help with creativity?
    That what we have now looks like disrespectful attitude to players and it looks like they think of us like some kind of stupid idiots.
    Another avange [censored] on this week,great,just great.I dont play this and dont make any guides untill it will be removed.I can survive without some opals,that not worth it.

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@vegasheart I literally had to die for avenge quest to appear for me at Scotthoh Farm.
    I haven't died in a long time...

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

@bielik01 You died and avenge quest appear?That something new.When I tried to die,enemies was trying to kill me about 5 min,missing the shots most of the time lol.

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@vegasheart I had to strip myself of some skills. It's awkward Eivor is so unkillable now 😂

• VegasHeart
    104 posts

@bielik01 True😀 but im not gonna test or try anything untill they remove this quest.That my principled position.I also could just ask for help from my friends,but I dont want that.Why that suppose to be all the time like this:they created problem and we suppose to deal with that.
    I also curious about which team created this quest.It helps me to avoid their games in the future 😄

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@vegasheart you know, maybe the reason why I'm not getting avenge quests anymore is that I don't die, so I don't contribute.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@bielik01

I wondered that. Dying is something that happens when the fly-up-in-the-sky bug pops up. Okay, I'll remove all the skills and die a few times, see if that helps anyone else and/or prompts one to appear assuming I have trouble.

• RCDeschene
    101 posts

Honestly, this is why I don't like the idea of co-op/player-dependent content, because it doesn't take into account when the masses eventually stops participating or stops triggering the necessary mechanisms to generate the data needed to properly engage with said content. If they ever do another mechanic like this in future titles, they'll need to have CPU player mechanic to help account for any real player/death shortages.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

@rcdeschene

The idea's fine but consideration of how it works, implementation in the long run, yes, needs consideration. Having a buggy mechanic that hasn't been explained to the customers is not the way to go. They did at least explain it a bit recently but that hasn't helped a great deal in terms of seeing the things; I was lucky with the last time it appeared in the weekly quests but that's the only one I've seen for quite a long time.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1435 posts

I haven't seen one for a while so I did go to thingummy Farm and died once, then not long after that a quest popped up. Maybe that's a trigger of some kind? So remove all skills and gear, very easy to die. Worth pointing out and bearing in mind, thanks.

• bielik01
    1717 posts

@spirantcrayon22 yeah, that's exactly what I did!

• RCDeschene
    101 posts

Aaaand here it is again in this weeks challenges... Anyone up for an in-suicide spree?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports about missing Avenge Quests within this thread, as well as to share your feedback regarding the ongoing investigation. As shared in my earlier post, the dedicated teams are looking into why Avenge Quests are no longer appearing as frequently in-game. We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation at this time, including any ETA for a resolution. As soon as we have any new information from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

We have also passed on your feedback about possibly removing any weekly challenges that include Avenge Quests to the dedicated teams. There hasn't yet been any plans shared about removing these types of weekly challenge from the game at this time. If this is to change and these challenges are to be removed, then this information will be shared on our official platforms.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • asm0dium
    17 posts

I can confirm that dying can trigger avenge quests to appear, I did that and I had an avenge quest for first time... I'm almost 150 hours in game 😄

Suggested Topics