ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5788 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for updating this thread with your experiences with Avenge Quests in-game, as well as sharing your feedback regarding the rarity of these.

I'd like to assure you all that the dedicated teams have been notified about the scarcity of Avenge Quests in-game, and we have been forwarding the reports shared with us here to assist with this investigation. We don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation at this time. Once there is any new information available, we will let you know within this thread.

We have also forwarded your feedback about removing Avenge Quest weekly challenges due to the rarity of Avenge Quests to complete these challenges in-game. If these challenges are to be removed from the game for any reason, then this information will be shared on our official platforms and within the News & Announcements forum.

In the meantime, if you're having trouble spawning Avenge Quests, then I'd recommend that you try searching around Scotthoh Farm and the Ruined Tower in East Anglia. A number of players have shared that this has been a reliable spot to find Avenge Quests, even if it does take a bit of waiting time.

Additionally, I've also forwarded your feedback about a New Game+ option in Assassin's Creed Valhalla. If a New Game+ feature is to be added to the game, then this news will be shared on our official platforms and within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Randelia
    27 posts

Quick Fix for Avenge Quest:

Since the Avenge Quest is clearly not working, replace it with another quest for the weekly quest selection until it is fixed.

That way you can make the community happy with getting the opal amount which helps retain customers. This fix also will help curb cost for customer support since folks will stop generating support cases for the quest not working.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1499 posts

@randelia

true but nothing's going to change, unfortunately

once again I was lucky, I did get one near Scotthoh farm fairly quickly, though this time it was by the boar to the north or north-east rather than at the farm

• Randelia
    27 posts

@spirantcrayon22

I found one. Around Scotthoh farm as well. Here's what I did:

1) go to Scotthoh Farm and let the guards kill me twice.
    2) go to the boars at the Roman Column arrangement near Scotthoh Farm and let them kill me twice.
    3) kill all the boars.

Then I went to the area between Scotthoh Farm and the boar place and killed boars there. Suddenly an Avenge Quest appeared!

It was an NPC woman lying in the grass. And the perpetrator was one of the boars in the Roman Collumn place I had just killed.

Time I tried: around 2:50pm Eastern Time

Scotthoh Farm really does seem to work. It seems to be important to kill all the guards / boars after letting yourself get killed by them. Then the dead guards / boars might trigger a check for an avenge quest.

It might even have been triggered by myself dying 4 times in that area. So I might theoretically also have seen myself lying there, just with a different picture and player name.

If not: big thank you to the other player who let him/herself die there! 🙂

• Honeybee-feilds
    1 posts

Anyone else having this issue? I'm trying to do this challenge for this week, but no deaths have appeared anywhere so I can do this challenge.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1499 posts

@honeybee-feilds best bet, go to Scotthoh Farm in East Anglia and hang around there while you have lunch or something

• Wascaliwabbit
    42 posts

I got one yesterday in a Francia fort, it's the first one I've seen, maybe since purchasing the DLCs? I wonder if the bug is that Avenge quests only spawn in the last DLC you bought?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1499 posts

@wascaliwabbit no, the last DLC bought doesn't affect it, I've had these in England since finishing DoR - it's an old issue that they are rare

• Azhrei21
    115 posts

@fated6186 why would you NEED one? I've never needed one, not that i remember anyway...

• Azhrei21
    115 posts

@randelia weekly quest selection? What are you talking about?

to anyone: lol I haven't seen an "avenge quest" for like a year or something... quite frankly don't really care. They didn't really add anything to the game except making me go find it to clear it off the map or get something to stop popping up...

• azullFR
    2088 posts

@azhrei21

hello,

@randelia weekly quest selection? What are you talking about?

@Randelia said :

Since the Avenge Quest is clearly not working, replace it with another quest for the weekly quest selection until it is fixed.
    That way you can make the community happy with getting the opal amount which helps retain customers.

so, the response to your question is : https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/assassins-creed-valhalla/gameplay/article/time-limited-challenges-in-assassins-creed-valhalla/000095142

Good game to you 🙂

• Azhrei21
    115 posts

@azullfr last i checked there's no Ubisoft Connect on console...

Edit: ok well.. i was wrong, just checked lol... It's in the game menu. I'd swear that wasnt' there months ago for an unrelated issue...

• Randelia
    27 posts

Sorry, what I meant with "weekly game selection" is:

Ubisoft most likely has a pool of quests from which their system automatically choses a set of quests to give to the community as weekly challenges.

If Ubisoft replaces the Avenge Quest in that pool of quests with a quest that actually is working it will give them a pool of quests where each quest is working. Then when their automated system choses from it for weekly challenges the community (means us) will be much happier since everybody will have challenges that are doable.

It would even work if Ubisoft just replaces the defunct Avenge Quest with one of the other quests in the pool. Then one of the quests might appear more often but it would still work for us.

That could be used as a quick fix until they get to working on the mechanics of the Avenge Quest.

EDIT: just had 2 Avenge Quests in DLC Siege of Paris. Location: Military camp called Meledus. Killed all guards. Then the quest popped up. Happened twice.

Suggested Topics