ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• caz_reklaw
    22 posts

@sidsixt I'm tracking that, I just wanna buy the einherjar pack now with my monies before I go to get my [censored] kicked in the mountains for the weeks starting next week

• SkylarAion
    7 posts

Just a thought, but couldn't this kind of thing potentially be avoided if the Animus store were accessible from outside the game? Never made sense to me that we can't buy cosmetics from the launcher like we can with the credits, DLCs and Connect rewards.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there!

I'd like to provide you all with some more clarification about some of the gear sets that have now been removed from the Animus Store.

As previously mentioned, a number of sets (such as Hearthweru, Einherjar and Mystical) have changed within Animus Store. The development team have provided further information on the changes that have taken place. These gear sets (full list provided below) will now be available as "Theme Packs," which can be purchased from the "Exclusive Offers" tab. The Theme Packs are re-bundles offers from a given theme, which contain 24 items (such as gear set, mount and raven skin, settlement accessories and ship scheme). The price of these Theme Packs is reduced if you already own any of the items.

These Theme Packs rotate on a weekly basis on a Tuesday at 14:00 UTC (you can check the timer by opening up the pack). (you can check the timer by opening up the pack). Three packs will be available each week. It will no longer be possible to purchase individual sets from the Animus Store (such as just the ship scheme, or just the armour set). If you already own the pack, it won't show in the rotation. However, Reda will still sell individual items from the set, which can be purchased using Opals.

The sets that have been affected by this are the following:

• Hearthweru
    • Einherjar
    • Mystical
    • Valkyrie
    • Berserker
    • Modern Day
    • Huldufolk
    • High Elf
    • Charlemagne

The item sets will return to the store at a later time. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted on our official platforms, so please keep an eye out!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • caz_reklaw
    22 posts

@ubi-borealis thank you for the information. All I ask is can you relay back to who made that call, that it is a terrible decision. Those are the best sets in the store, and rotating digital content makes little to no sense. They should just be leaving them all listed at all times.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, @caz_reklaw. I'm sorry to hear that these changes have impacted on your gaming experience. I've forwarded this to the dedicated teams for further consideration. 🙂

Official Response
  • SkylarAion
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis So if I wanted the Valkyrie ship pack, for example, rather than just buying that one item, I'd have to shell out for the entire theme pack?
    That's frankly bizarre, because now rather than getting some money from me in microtransactions, Ubisoft will be getting none. It's not the end of the world, obviously, they're just cosmetic items, I just can't imagine who thought that would be financially beneficial for the company.

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@skylaraion If you thought that was annoying, I noticed that the ‘discount’ price was reduced based on the number of items from a given set that I already had via Reda.

• SidSixT
    94 posts

My guess is there is low demand for these armor sets, and they want to make more room on the store "shelves" for sets that are selling. Typical strategies for things that are not selling are to either move them to the discount bin, or bundle them with other items in an attempt to generate interest. It seems Ubisoft is doing both here.

Most of these newly bundled sets are what I consider realistic or immersive looking sets. Most of the remaining sets in the Helix store are cartoonish costumes in my opinion. That speaks more about the people buying this stuff, if demand is what is driving this decision.

I have no interest in paying for any of this with real money. I only hope they continue to offer pieces of the bundled armor through Reda's shop, so I can complete a couple of sets.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1708 posts

@sidsixt

Me too. I'd be far happier to pay money if the Reda shop system was not so awful.

So you know, none of the sets have appeared in entirety in Reda's shop. Draugr and Huldufolk are closest with only one item never appearing (even though the sets have been there 60 and 53 times respectively).

• SidSixT
    94 posts

@spirantcrayon22 It is possible to get a complete armor set from Reda. I have screen grabs showing that all pieces of the Modern Day set have been available from Reda, and I own three pieces of the Einherjar set that I got from Reda, and have screen grabs showing the other two Einherjar pieces in Reda's shop. I only regret not getting them at that time. So far, these are the only two complete sets I have recorded. I'll admit the probability of getting a full set is low, and getting lower all the time as they add more sets to the Helix store.

• SkylarAion
    7 posts

The chances of getting the items you'd need with every weekly rotation means you could spend a year or more trying to get a full set, and if Valhalla is anything like the last couple of AC games, I'll have completed it in a few weeks at most. I know paying real money for cosmetics isn't for everyone but I can't wrap my head around this whole system. I've never been unable to give a company my money like this.

@sidsixt This does sound plausible but if people weren't willing to buy these sets before because of their underwhelming designs, I don't see why they'd pay more now to get them in the theme packs.

Anyway, I'm just going to go finish the game now and I guess I'll stick with in-game sets.

• SidSixT
    94 posts

@skylaraion I totally agree. I am more than satisfied with the sets available in the base game. If I can pick up a set or two from Reda, so be it. If not, so be it. I originally started tracking Reda's stuff to compare stats. It turns out almost everything has the same base stats. So aside from a unique perk here or there, the only thing to be gained from Helix gear is cosmetic.

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@skylaraion @SidSixT As someone who’s been playing this game since its launch, I can attest that you can get along just fine with the base sets, and that any gear pieces acquired along the way from Reda really only serve to add an aesthetic and entertainment value.

The fact that there are already so many base sets in the game prompted me to make a case for ‘loadout’ switching from Odyssey. With all of these additional sets in the Helix store, the case remains stronger than ever.

Additionally, all these store sets makes me wonder why Ubisoft hasn’t thought to allow for more variety fo set mixing, as I noted in my suggestion post here. As of now, you can only mix two sets to get the first level bonus from each, and very few sets have second level bonuses that justify having all five gear pieces. Plus, with the transmog options available through a blacksmith, the question of aesthetics with wearing a whole set no longer matters.

• Et4hiel
    109 posts

@ubi-borealis Could you please tell me why this topic was marked as solved?
    As far as I can see there is no answer for my post.

What about 35 Opals that I lost due to Berserker settlement item being available to buy? When will I get them back?
    What about naval packs, settlement packs and tattoo packs (not mentioned by you) that are still not available in Helix?
    What about Seafarer settlement pack that I own since 2-3 months (or even more) and still can buy via Helix?

What is solved here?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1708 posts

@et4hiel

While it's a bit eye-rolling, some answers have been provided. Ubisoft decided to remove some sets from the Helix store. Didn't tell anyone or anything like that but hey, we're only their customers. So answered in that sense. As for your opals, well, yeah, but I have way over 4000 for the (utterly awful) offerings from Reda. In other words, you'll get them fairly quickly, just do a few dailies and weekly quests (though it's not right).

So partially answered. I've raised an issue that some sets vanish when partially-owned, no answer to that either. I don't think they like me much, though, as I regularly point out how awful it can get.

• Et4hiel
    109 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I can't agree with you my friend - no answers were given until someone made a post about it, they made a statement after players react and I'm pretty sure it was known what is going on since beginning...
    Now I would like to know why the rest of packs, not mentioned by them, is missing from Helix.
    Regarding opals, I know that I can get them doing weekly stuff, but I farmed them in a proper way and they were taken by their mistake not mine, so I will wait for my opal refund.

We are not "only just" customers, we have paid for this game and have the right to demand that it should work as intended.

@Ubi-Borealis Could you please answer or should I make another topic for that??

Edit:
    Another thing, I just checked and Reda sells Berserker Arsenal from Berserker pack and what a surprise I can buy it again!...even tho I own it since a year...
    Is this [censored] to hard to fix or some people are just too busy adding more paid crap to the store?
    Could we get a one honest answer? Or will you "feed" us with another [censored] like "theme packs"...

• SpirantCrayon22
    1708 posts

@et4hiel

Even I'm losing the will to live about all this. I haven't yet bought the Odin thing. Quite likely I shan't, which is a bit of a first since the point I started playing AC games.

I really am mystified by the "support". There's some good, or has been some good but it dried up a while ago. Only serious game-breaking stuff (such as simply not being able to play the Yule thing at all) gets attention. When was the last time that a seriously-annoying bug actually got fixed? Impossible-to-miss issues get ignored or get requests for proof. That means they can't be bothered or do not play the game. One of those possibilities is completely mad and it isn't the first one.

The "keep playing daily" thing died ages ago, even though I still do it so am probably insane. What reason is there to play every day? Reda's absolutely dire.

But oh, yeah, skin sets for real money.

I might give the first one another go, that only really had the issues with free-running being ridiculous but at least sometimes those issues were funny.

• Et4hiel
    109 posts

@spirantcrayon22 And in this matter I totally agree with you, there is no real "support" at all and it can also be seen in other games such as FC6...
    Still I will wait for an official answer, I won't let it go that easily.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for taking the time to update this thread, and for sharing your feedback regarding the introduction of "Theme Packs" for certain cosmetic sets.

As mentioned in my earlier post, these Theme Packs are re-bundled offers from a given theme, which contain 24 items (such as gear set, mount and raven skin, settlement accessories and ship scheme). The available Theme Packs will change weekly, on a Tuesday at 2:00 PM UTC. The dedicated teams have also informed us that the item sets will return to the store at a later time. Any updates regarding the Animus Store will be posted on our official platforms, or be shared within the forums, so please keep an eye out for more information!

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are unhappy with this change, and I'd like to assure you that this feedback has been passed on to the dedicated teams.

@Et4hiel - This thread has been marked as "Resolved" as the development team have provided an answer as to why some gear sets are missing from the animus store.

Regarding your Berserker purchase, was this an item you already owned that showed as available to purchase from Reda's Shop? If so, I'd recommend sharing your report in the dedicated Megathread for this investigation.

Would you be able to let us know which other navel / settlement / tattoo packs are missing from the Animus store for you, other than the ones listed in my previous post? We can check with the dedicated teams if this is intended or not.

I would recommend that you create a new thread about the Seafarer's Pack showing as available to purchase despite the fact you already own the content, as this will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread about certain gear sets being unavailable to purchase.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1708 posts

@ubi-borealis

Well, I already posted details about what I couldn't get. I also offered a potential explanation.

For the Berserker pack, this is off-topic but related, I put in a new thread about being able to buy it at near-full price despite owning nearly all of it. I do not see the Seafarer settlement items and do own them (Amazon, I think).

I cannot buy the Black Raven ship items. I am missing the Hull and Sail but the Naval Pack is not available. I think this is to do with the removal of the Ship Skin and Ship Prop options from the store. In the old version of the store, because I had the props the option to buy the Naval Pack was removed and that appears to have carried over into the new version of the store where I can't buy the sub-sets at all and still can't buy the full pack for the old reason. So I couldn't buy the items even if I wanted to. By contrast I can buy the remaining tattoo at 80% off. I can also buy Raven's Beak as I don't have that either.

Suggested Topics