ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1295 posts

I’m one of the players who have played this game from its launch and experienced the Yule Festival the first time around. While I appreciate Ubisoft’s effort in finally allowing us to ‘re-play’ the festival, I am concerned about the possibility of a bug. I already have the Mōdraniht gear set from the first time I played the festival and have fully upgraded it. However, I see it is available in Norvid’s store. Should I basically not buy Norvid’s inventory to avoid any possible inventory conflict on my end?

Also, why was it so hard for Ubisoft to create a ‘new’ Yule festival themed for a second year in Ravensthorpe rather than a repeat of the first one?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• luigispcrew
    96 posts

@thenorfolkian yes, I suggest you to not buy the same gear set. I did and I had to remove the duplicate items with a tool

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@luigispcrew unfortunately, we don't have any tools on consoles...

• SidSixT
    96 posts

There is a new thread with people reporting that their Mohdraniht gear is multiplying in their inventory. If you already have it from last year, you might want to avoid getting it again.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Hey there @TheNorfolkian . The team is aware of an issue where the set becomes available for purchase again if you'd altered your first set in any way at the Blacksmith. Since you mention that you have fully upgraded your first set of the Gear, this would be why you're seeing it again. This issue will also cause your altered or upgraded gear to revert back to it's original appearance if you purchase and equip a second set of the gear, so I would recommend not purchasing a second set for now.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubistorm

what does the team means by :

the set becomes available for purchase again if you'd altered your first set in any way at the Blacksmith

?

Never, never used transmog for any gear nor weapon,
    Never downgraded any gear nor weapon,
    Never upgraded any piece of my last year Modraniht Armor set as you can see in the screenshots :

Just upgraded : the Modraniht Ceremonial Shield and the Modraniht Ceremonial Seax as shown inthese screenshots :

... is that what explain that I'm able to buy again the Modraniht Armor set ?
    as shown in this screenshot :

or because I am "wearing" 3 Modraniht Tatoos (back / right arm / left arm) ?

everything up-to-date
    Manual Cloud Save : azullFR

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubistorm
    I did the same test with my other account :

Never, never used transmog for any gear nor weapon,
    Never downgraded any gear nor weapon,
    Never upgraded any piece of my last year Modraniht Armor set

Just upgraded : the Modraniht Ceremonial Shield and the Modraniht Ceremonial Seax
    No use of Modraniht tattoos

everything up-to-date
    Manual Cloud Save : a2ullFR

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr Woah... thanks for showing that the status of the gear from last year does not matter. I still find it weird that the festival is bugged in a way that the gear is showing up, but not the tattoo set we bought last year. However, I started thinking more about this whole problem and recall sometime last year there was a situation where the Mōdraniht set vanished and a fix had to be deployed with TU 1.2.1 because there was that ‘Godly Reward’ freebie which screwed up everything. Perhaps it’s possible that the ‘fix’ involved created a ‘new’ set that was not connected to the Yule festival... and now that the same festival is being repeated, the gear content is showing up as a duplicate. However, this still doesn’t account for why we’re not seeing a duplicate of the tattoo set.

• azullFR
    2278 posts

@thenorfolkian

Many thanks for this reminder ! 👍

Perhaps it’s possible that the ‘fix’ involved created a ‘new’ set that was not connected to the Yule festival

Really, really good point 👍 👍 👍

[EDIT] looking at the thread you linked I saw that I had no downgrade (my weapon kept it's level) :

6° APPLYED PATCH 1.2.0
    7° Openned game
    8° Claimed reward (bottom right)
    9° Loaded a save
    10° Enjoyed (no downgrade)

Really strange how things are "acting" in this game and code *👽*

(*👽*) is also for this

• SidSixT
    96 posts

@thenorfolkian I don't think the Modraniht tattoo set is part of this year's festival rewards. When the festival was still bugged for those of us that played it last year, I loaded a save from before last year's festival to see what would happen. All I saw in the festival shop was the Modraniht armor set, a new bow in the place of the last year's dagger and shield, a mix of old and new settlement decorations, and the hoarfrost beard and hairstyles. No tattoos.

• TheNorfolkian

@sidsixt Hmm... that is a good observation and should explain why the tattoo set is not affected. Thanks for checking that!

• SidSixT
    96 posts

@thenorfolkian After my last post, I got to thinking about that "Godly Reward", so I reloaded that old save again. All the Modraniht armor, weapons, and tattoos loaded in as new items. Now I am wondering if the weapons and tattoos did not appear in this year's festival shop because I already owned them. Which leads us back to your question, why are only the armor pieces available to be reacquired and duplicated. It may be that someone that is new to the game and did not play last year's festival or get the Godly Reward would have to tell us what is in this year's festival shop.

I remember that one of the glitches with the Godly Reward was that the tattoos kept reloading as new items over and over again. Maybe they chose not to offer the tattoos this year to avoid that situation again.

• TheNorfolkian

@sidsixt Now that you mention it... I too remember seeing the tattoos constantly showing up as new items after the ‘Godly Reward’ rolled out. Also, if I recall correctly, at a later point there was some TU that reloaded the Altaïr, Ezio, and Bayek outfits as new items. This happened sometime before the Basim outfit showed up as a reward. My point is, everything about the ‘Godly Reward’ had to be reloaded into the game to fix the glitches it caused.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6048 posts

Hello there @azullFR!

I apologise for the delayed response. I've reached out to the dedicated teams to see if we can get more information for you about the set appearing available for purchase again, despite the fact you've never updated the Modraniht gear you previously collected.

I know that Yule has now ended, but it would be nice to see if we can get more clarification on why the duplicated set has appeared for you. As you theorize, it may be due to the fact you've upgraded parts of the set (seax and shield).

I've also reached out to you in the other thread you linked, so please check this out when you're next able to.

Once we have any new information to share, we will do our best to reach out to you within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • azullFR
    2278 posts

@ubi-borealis

thanks for your response 🙂
    I also think that

it would be nice to see if we can get more clarification

(mostly because I'm curious)

Have a nice day 🙂

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 783 posts

Hello @azullFR and thanks for getting back to us. Please rest assured that we'll share more information as soon as we have it. 

Official Response

Suggested Topics