ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SteveLikesMetal
    Original poster 2 posts

After the most recent update, my performance has been tanking to the point where it is actively affecting my gameplay. Prior to the update my performance was between 65 and 75 fps on average on mostly maxed settings with 120% resolution scale, medium antialiasing, and low volumetric clouds; no dynamic settings. After the update, my performance is in the 30s at best, with no changes to the settings. I cannot possibly fathom what could be causing this outside of the update. If it helps, I tend to play the game with Discord and Nvidia Broadcast open, which never caused any performance issues in the past regardless of what I was doing. Even with Broadcast closed, the game runs the same.

PC Specs:
    Windows 10 Home 19042.1415
    Ryzen 5 3600 @3.6GHz Base, 4.2GHz Boost (6 Cores, 12 Threads)
    16 GB DDR4-3000MHz RAM
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super KO

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2112 posts

Hey there @SteveLikesMetal, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums! That seems very strange, does your FPS a lot further below 30? Or does it usually stay in the high 20s? Could you please go through this technical troubleshooting article: (https://support.ubisoft.com/article/000061047) for me ensuring you have completed all of the steps? These steps can help rule out many of the common causes for performance-related issues. As your system is more than capable of running the game over 30FPS, I think it could be related to something such as the wrong drivers or a third party program.

It might also be worth installing the recommended drivers for the game to see if that makes any difference, you can find the article on this here.

Official Response
  • SteveLikesMetal
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-gizmo After going through the troubleshooting guide, there were very few changes. Installing the recommended drivers didn't make much of a difference. I did remember turning on the Xbox Game Bar at one point for another game, so I turned that off and now my performance is averaging around the mid-40s. Still not back to the 60-70 range it was at before, but a bit better. I don't know what more I can do to get it back to that point, save for making the textures look like a pastel painting.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @stevelikesmetal !

Just to also check, have you also tried disabling the Nvidia Geforce Experience overlay?

As I've known this to cause performance drops in the past.

Official Response

Suggested Topics