ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kartikay304
    1 posts

When I try to open Ac Valhalla through geforce now, it shows up in ubisoft connect "It is not possible to start the game, this product cannot be activated now, try again later " today is the first time I got this error. I bought this game in epic games on 10/20/2021.

• Themiguelroninr
    1 posts

@kartikay304
    The same thing also happened to me, I bought it 4 days ago and it was fine, but since yesterday it gives me the same error and when I get it to start, the screen goes blank

• Incursio
    9 posts

Man, this is so annoying. It is silly to tie something like Denuvo into something like Geforce Now. This whole 5 sessions (read: launches of the game) within 24 hours is senseless. If it were running locally, I could just pause the game, walk away, and come back. We can't do that with Geforce Now as it will time out. I just sat down for a night of Valhalla, but no dice.

• tomekziomek1107
    1 posts

@incursio Yeah we paid for game and we can't play. Wish i had better pc...

• Zoumiste
    3 posts

This issue was first posted on the forum on December 30th. Although it is understood by the "players" that the problem is more or less caused by the denuvo, you still have not come to a conclusion. I am currently experiencing the same problem with the Ac Valhalla game I bought yesterday. I hope you can fix this inadequacy so that you deserve the money you get.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6043 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences regarding the error message you have encountered when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla via GeForce Now. The dedicated teams are still looking into this issue further. We don't yet have any updates to share with you all at this time. Please rest assured that we are checking in with the regularly for any updates. As soon as we have any new information available, it will be posted within this thread.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • ioanxd100
    8 posts

@zoumiste i didn't encounter this error like in summer fo example when i get the game i was able to play how many sessions i wanted this denuvo think its new added

• Incursio
    9 posts

Ugh. Network hiccup'd and I lost connection temporarily to Geforce Now. Guess I'm at my 5 "activations" for the day, can't get back in.

Ah well, it seems like a great game, but until this issue gets addressed, it's just pointless for me to try and play it given my play for an hour here or there schedule.

BTW, "simultaneous" connections from an active license holder is a far better approach rather than whatever this current thing is supposed to be.

• Zoumiste
    3 posts

fixed within 24 hours after receiving the error. After playing a few sessions yesterday and today, I am getting the same error again right now. today is the 3rd day i bought the game but i faced this error twice. It will most likely continue.

• Zoumiste
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Please someone real take over that keyboard. you always write the same things

• Mhyrosis
    1 posts

Same prob 'this product cannot be activated at this time'. I bought this game yesterday and now can t play jeez

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding the error you've received when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla via GeForce Now. We also appreciate you sharing your feedback with us regarding the ongoing investigation. Please rest assured that we have passed this feedback to the dedicated teams as they continue to look into this error further.

We don't yet have any updates to share at this time. The Player Support team are regularly checking in with the dedicated teams for any new information we can share with you all, including any news of an ETA for a resolution. As soon as we have any new details from the investigation, they will be posted within this thread. Additionally, any future updates will also be posted within the News & Announcements forum.

@Zoumiste - I'd like to assure you that I am a real person, and I'm sorry to hear that you think my responses are always the same. As we haven't had any recent updates from the team regarding the investigation into this error, we've not had anything new to share with you all. As soon as we do have any new information available, we will do our best to notify you within this thread as soon as possible.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • db006_9
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis this defect is affecting sales. I am interested in purchasing AC Valhalla, but prudently did a little research as I intend to play it exclusively via GeForce Now. The current GPU shortage has many players turning to game streaming to play your games. Seeing this issue unresolved since December is disheartening.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @db006_9! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the investigation into the error players are encountering when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla via GeForce Now. We understand that this issue is impacting on the gaming experience of players, and we apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

Rest assured that the dedicated teams are looking into this error further. Please note that the Player Support team is unable to speculate on any unconfirmed details from the investigation, such as providing an ETA for a fix when this has not been shared. As soon as we have any updates to share, including any news of a resolution, we will let you know within this thread.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • ioanxd100
    8 posts

@db006_9 man dying light 2 had the same problem and they fix it 5 days after it get realesed by a smaller team than ubisoft GG ,,sorry for my bad english''

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ioanxd100,

I'd like to assure you that our dedicated teams are currently looking into what could be causing this error to occur when launching the game via GeForce now, and are currently working on a fix. You can read their full statement from the investigation below:

“We are aware that some players are getting an error message when trying to launch Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PC 'unable to start the game: This product cannot be activated right now, please try again later'. We have identified the issue, and are working hard on resolving it. We will keep you informed of any updates ."

The Player Support team are checking in with the dedicated teams regularly. Once any more updates are made available, including any confirmation of a resolution, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ioanxd100
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis it's the problem fixed? The new dlc is coming and i pre order it to play and i want to know if i will be able to play more than 5 sessions

• MisticNite420
    1 posts

I'm having the same issue. I just bought the game yesterday. This has really been going on for months now?

• ioanxd100
    8 posts

@misticnite420 From december i think its a waste of time trying to messasge them. this player support its nothing thay will copy paste the same thing again with the dedicated teams

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there !

I apologise for the delayed update. It looks like a fix for this error message has been deployed, so you should no longer encounter this error when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla from GeForce Now! 😄

Can you please try launching the game again to see if the issue has been resolved for you?

If you're still experiencing this error in-game, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate this further.

@ioanxd100 & @MisticNite420 - Have you both experienced this error message when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla via GeForce Now recently? If so, please can you let us know the last time you experienced this error message so we can look into this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics