ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• crenkel1010
    Original poster 1 posts

After completing 'Skal' and logging off for the night I cannot load any save files. It will halfway log in Eivor will say "I have to find him" then I get an infinite loading screen. I have also tried loading prior saves and it still will not load in.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. I have merged together several threads about encountering an infinite black screen when travelling back to England after completing "Skal!". I apologise if any ongoing discussion was disrupted by this merge.

A fix for this issue was deployed in TU 1.3.2. We will now be marking this thread as "Resolved." As we have had no further reports of this issue happening in-game, we will also be locking this thread.

If you encounter any more black screens whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kileased
    2 posts

Hey,

So I'm casually playing the game earlier today going through the Siege of Paris DLC and now whenever I load up my save file, it always crashes.

It goes to the black screen, plays one second of the booting up sequence and then before the 'Character in river' loading screen it crashes to desktop.

Is there anything I can do at this point?

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2146 posts

Hello @kileased,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? It will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Thermite46
    8 posts

Stuck on loading screen on Xbox One S after main menu trying to load into Skal mission, it won’t load previous saves either and is now unplayable.

• Thermite46
    8 posts

Stuck on loading screen on Xbox One S after main menu trying to load into Skal mission, it won’t load previous saves either and is now unplayable.

• Thermite46
    8 posts

Can anyone help with this? Game is currently completely unplayable

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

Hey there.

Sorry to hear about this. Are you experiencing any error messages at all or is it just loading infinitely?

Official Response
  • Thermite46
    8 posts

@ubi-orion Thanks for getting back to me, there has been no error messages it’s just loading infinitely on the black loading screen with the icon in the corner. The loading music drops out and I can hear the game audio as if I’m in game but the black loading screen just doesn’t end.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @thermite46,

Thank you for the update.

Can you please perform all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? Additionally, can you please reinstall your game? This will help you to eliminate any potentially corrupted files that can lead to this issue.

Many thanks and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Thermite46
    8 posts

@ubi-mark I have done everything on that list and just reinstalled the game and it hasn’t fixed it I’m still stuck on the loading screen unfortunately.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2298 posts

@thermite46 Hey! Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. In order to troubleshoot this, please try the steps here.

If you need further help please let us know.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Thermite46
    8 posts

@ubi-viral I’ve tried all these and they haven’t worked, is there nothing else I can do about this? I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it still hasn’t worked.

• Ubi-Mark.

Hello @Thermite46,

Thank you for the update. Can you please confirm if this occurs only when you're trying to load your saves? Are you able to start a new game by any chance? This will help us to find out if your saves are corrupted and we can report it to the development team for further investigation.

Many thanks and if you have any other questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.

Hello @thermite46,

Thank you for the update. Can you please confirm if you're able to start a new game, or are you also stuck in loading, by any chance?

Official Response
  • Thermite46
    8 posts

@ubi-mark I can start a new game does this mean my save files are corrupted?

• Thermite46
    8 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5609 posts

Hello there @crenkel1010! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an infinite load whilst in Francia. Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us, and for including an image.

Would you be able to try these following steps for us to see if this resolves the issue in your own game:

1. First, please ensure that you backup your save files before continuing with these steps. This support article by PlayStation provides you with more steps on how to do this: (https://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/data_system.html).
    2. Fully uninstall The Siege of Paris expansion from your system.
    3. Boot up the game, and continue on the save files with the infinite loading.
    4. You should now load into Ravensthorpe, since Francia is not available anymore after the expansion was uninstalled.
    5. Make a manual save in Ravensthorpe.
    6. Fully close game and reinstall The Siege of Paris expansion.
    7. Once the expansion is fully reinstalled, boot up game again and load into the manual save. You should still be Ravensthorpe but be able to travel to Francia again.

If the issue continues to persist after trying these steps, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread so we can investigate further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

It is a possibility, @thermite46 - for us to look further into this, could you please let me know whether you are seeing any error messages on your individual save files themselves, such as a "Data Corrupt!" warning?

Can you also please tell me how many save files you have available to you, and whether you have attempted to load each of them to the same result of the game freezing on the loading screen / crashing?

If possible for you to provide, a video demonstrating the issue would be helpful. This can be recorded directly on your console or using a mobile phone, so long as we can clearly see the screen and what is happening while you are trying to load your saves.

Many thanks, and please let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with in the meantime! I hope that you have been having a nice weekend! 🙂

Official Response
  • cordo75
    2 posts

After turning my game off normally like I have forever. Turned it back on to play again a day later after update version 4.01 and now after I click on continue story it loads with Evior on the screen then after that the completely black screen comes up with the little blue save/load icon in the corner and doesn’t open up the game!!?

if I go back to the menu screen and upload a manual save from months ago it opens with no worries.

I don’t wanna have to start siege of Paris again as I have already 90% completed the game.

someone has answers for this issue surely.

• cordo75
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics