ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• r4dziu93
    Original poster 8 posts

As in the title, I am almost 100 hours in the game, and never encountered Jomsviking at rank higher than 1. My Jomsviking Hall is not max upgraded, but it is at level 3, and from description it should be able to give me even rank 4 jomsvikings. While I can get some rank 4 raiders, players jomsvikings are always at rank 1. I saw similar topic created almost a year ago, but it seems like the issue was never properly addressed back then.
    Re: [players' Jomsviking always at rank 1](/topic/95848/players-jomsviking-always-at-rank-1)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SidSixT
    78 posts

@r4dziu93 All player jomsvikings start at rank 1. You have to take them on river raids to rank them up, just like your personal jomsviking. The more experience they get, the higher they will progress.

The easier way to get higher ranked jomsvikings is to ring the bell on the side of the hall. This should refresh the available jomsvikings with game-generated ones with higher ranks, depending on the hall's upgrade level.

Edit: Disregard the first statement.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@r4dziu93
    from what I've seen all players jomsvikings will stay at rank 1
    only your "Captain" will increase its rank during river raids made at Vagn (you still have to upgrade the hall to be able to recruit higher ranks Ubi bots jomsvikings)

@SidSixT you have players jomsviking at higher rank than 1 in your crew ?
    if yes, they surely made a silent change somewhere at a moment, and I will try again with some of mines 🙂

there is more infos in this thread :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/107928/jomsviking-leveling/1?lang=en-US

• SidSixT
    78 posts

@azullfr I doubt I have any higher ranked player jomsvikings because started recruiting and using the higher ranked game-generated jomsvikings right away.

• Simplethumb
    136 posts

I think it's a stupid idea or a massive oversight.

Why would players want to recruit a lvl 1 when they can go to their hut in Raventhorpe, ring the bell and have a strong leveled up jomviking who's ready to fight (IE whatever their 'hut' level is).

Maybe some people don't mind the idea of leveling up new recruits but for me, the way the crashes/clipping through the scenery/jumping bug seem to happen a lot more frequently on River Raids and how the RR crew can actually be a liability (seems better to just solo stealth through the camps) I want my crew at full strength/level.

If all jomvikings around the map were your jomvikings level I really doubt anyone would be asking for level 1's so they could 'level them up'. It would be seen as normal and the 'way it's meant to be'.

I'm not saying only have jomviking that are only your level (obviously you shouldn't be able to recruit a JV that's a higher level), but for all of them needing to be leveled up from the base level is a chore I don't want to do especially with how buggy the RR's are.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@simplethumb

I think it's a stupid idea or a massive oversight.

From what I remember, at launch the game was supposed to have "levelables" players jomsviking
    (if I'm not wrong : it was also said in the Ubi FAQ but has been corrected months ago after gamers complained about this false "advice")

The "good" thing about this blocked level is : as it would be a kind of Ubiconnect feature (data exchanges between players' data via Ubi servers) it surely would overload servers and make even more bugs ...

Now, they could lighten the code by suppressing this useless Level number (and related code lines) associated to the "no level" players jomsvikings 😉

• r4dziu93
    Original poster 8 posts

@azullfr So basically you can't recruit players' Jomsviking with rank more than 1, and you can level only one Jomsviking - your own.. That means the description of Jomsviking hut is at fault, because it clearly states that it would have not Raiders, but Jomsvikings that have higher ranks.

• Kormac67
    1031 posts

@sidsixt

You have to take them on river raids to rank them up, just like your personal jomsviking. The more experience they get, the higher they will progress.

Please post a screen of a leveled Player JV. Or rather don't post some wrong guesses like facts.

• SidSixT
    78 posts

@kormac67 I stand corrected. It was my understanding that you could rank up players' jomsvikings, but i used the higher ranked raiders and never had a chance to prove myself wrong.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@r4dziu93
    well, in fact Ubi uses the word "jomsviking" both for players jomsvikings and for what you call "Raiders" (I call them Ubi Bots Joms)

Yes, using the same word for 2 different things is not very practical ... unless you like to make and keep confusion where it shouldn't be ... 🤔

• Simplethumb
    136 posts

Wow!

Is that true that you can't level up a player Jomviking you hire from the map?!

Another broken, stupid, half [censored] thing from Ubi if that's the case.

I assumed (wrongly) that they would level up as you used them on RR's but if you can't even level them then why TF would you hire them? For their looks? Better to just get them from your 'hut'.

Really Ubi, why would I want to buy any of your new DLC or shop items when you won't even fix your game. That really doesn't garner customer confidence in your company and future games. A buggy game isn't enjoyable, something that isn't enjoyable isn't played, and may even be resented (money spent) and this isn't doing your brand name any good.

• azullFR
    2081 posts

@simplethumb
    Note that at Eydis (Ravensthorpe main spawn dock) :

1. all Jomsvikings seems to be at rank 1, even the ones that were at rank 5 from Vagn (so, great chance that all Jomsvikings will have the same rank 1 in England main map and Norway main map and, I guess, in Ireland DLC and Francia DLC )
    2. in Eydis jomsvikings management panel : none of them have a level shown = you can fire a rank 5 "Ubi Bot Jomsviking" from Vagn thinking it's just a basic Jomsviking ...
  • Wascaliwabbit
    42 posts

Does Jomsviking level have any meaning outside of River Raids? I wonder if that's where the confusion is-- maybe the only place this matters is health during River Raid?

• Kormac67
    1031 posts

@wascaliwabbit It only matters in river raids.

Suggested Topics