ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BattleBrotherUK
    Original poster 5 posts

I'm playing in the Summit at the moment. The specific issue that I'm having is that when the AI deploys riot foam on me, my framerate drops incredibly low (less than 10fps). I am a returning player and I'm not sure if this was previously an issue. I can accept failing a floor when it's my error but when it happens because of a performance issue as unique as this I don't find it fair.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• BattleBrotherUK
    Original poster 5 posts

@battlebrotheruk I've also noticed similar framerate drops with the black sticky nades that the AI can throw at you ( the ones that catch on fire). Any ideas of a remedy to these two issues Ubisoft???

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for reporting these two issues to us that seem to be affecting your frame rate.

To help us report this to The Division team, are you able to capture a short video showing this in motion?

If you can enable the Ubisoft Connect FPS counter in-game, via the Connect settings, this will help illustrate what exact FPS speed you are getting when this happens.

If you are using a Windows 10/11 PC, you should be able to record a clip using the free Xbox Gamebar overlay, using the Windows and G key, then selecting the capture/record option. You can then upload this to a website such as Youtube/Imgur/Twitter and post the URL link to view.

Official Response
  • BattleBrotherUK
    Original poster 5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BattleBrotherUK
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-milky I manged to get some footage in the open world showing the issue with flame/ particle effects close to the player. I used Nvidia Shadowplay to record it then Handbrake to compress the file size down to a reasonable 200Mb approx. Can I upload it here or do I need to upload it to a hosting site and then post a link to the video here?

• BattleBrotherUK
    Original poster 5 posts

@ubi-milky https://vimeo.com/user4113878/review/667808709/ca8963d354: (https://vimeo.com/user4113878/review/667808709/ca8963d354)

If you look at about 3:55 to 4:05 approx, you will see what I mean about the framerate going down drastically. I had the Nvidia frame counter active but it didn't record in this footage. However it's clear to see the slowdown even without the fps overlay being visible.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2885 posts

Hey @battlebrotheruk ,

Thanks for getting back to us with this, I'm sorry for our delayed response!

I'm afraid the Vimeo link doesn't appear to be working - would you be able to check the video's permissions and repost it?

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics