ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rickidoo2010
    Original poster 128 posts

Which of the FC game experiences are the best in combat in your opinion? Just the combat itself (not plot, scenery, characters). Combat includes the shooting, the sneaking, sufficient level of challenge, and weapon mechanics. Just the combat experience itself.

As for me, I find FC 4 to be extremely satisfying combat wise. Especially the fortresses. Next, New Dawn, after one gets past the lowest levels. Redoing an outpost in New Dawn with tougher enemies is extremely satisfying.

Far Cry 6, to me, is a mixed bag in terms of combat. Sometimes good, sometimes not. Actually, I'm a big FC fan and I find FC 6 combat experience too often too easy. One of the endorphin pumping aspects of the earlier games such as FC4 and New Dawn is picking up enemy weapons. It makes the combat more exciting sometimes. The system in FC 6, which gives you access to all your weapons 24/7, just doesn't add to combat fun in my opinion. Swapping different ammo types in earlier games also added to endorphins, particularly when using a bow going from regular arrows to fire arrows and explosive arrows. Making the switch in the heat of battle in those pre-fc 6 games is just plain exciting. Other endorphin pumping aspects of the pre-FC 6 games is treatment of health. In FC 6 its hardly ever an issue. It may be a great convenience, but endorphin pumping it's not.

I don't mean to bash FC 6 ... but I think the heart of the FC games is the combat. We all enjoy stories, characters etc. But combat is the core of a FPS. FC 6 did a lot of things right (Story, music, etc), and often better than its predecessors. The combat system, unfortunately, isn't one of them at least for me.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

I liked FC5 in all aspects. It has it flaws too, but in terms of immersion and combat, it beats everything else. FC6 is a big step back.

• modmcsupersport
    12 posts

@rickidoo2010
    Hmm...total gameplay would probably be FC5, but I have issues with it not being hard enough and you are quickly overpowered compared to enemies. The blend of vehicles, character movement, speed of takedowns and gear in FC5 make it the most fun to just romp around in, I just wish it had a harder mode.....My son and I have done, no health added runs, bow and pistol as only 'guns' runs, Hardcore runs on hardest difficulty, so yeah, needs to be harder without us having to do insane things to make it so.

I kinda like FC3 difficulty, guns of FC4 and had very high hopes for FC5...but they have pretty consistently gotten easier since FC4....FC6 is a cakewalk right now....sadly.

Suggested Topics