ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

Disclaimer: Since one of my thread is locked and gave me an offense points for offending someone that isn't offended w/o context, even w/in Ubi itself. I doubt if I can continue using this forum as now, since many of them left in disgust, they prefer old forum over the new ones despite it's improving (And yes, no Off-Topic in this forum section).

After I read @Hdwc_ 's one of post, I though it may have a idea about Tom Clancy itself, if alive for now (Yes, he died on 2013).
    I don't know if my wording is correct or not, I will give a try since it led one of Ubi-staff locked one thread for being offensive but w/o context.
    Let's see, what would happen if Tom Clancy is alive on 2013 until present for future of Ubi's Clancyverse, if not for R6 Siege, SC Blacklist, and GR Wildlands and Breakpoint? (I won't include The Division, because it's always looter shooter to begin w/).
    Comment on your thoughts.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• EN075
    151 posts

@lolt6 I think I get what you're shooting for here... I'll try to imagine he had creative control over the titles and had final say in development path.

1) The titles would take relevant current events and combine them in either a real or fictitious arena and lay out a comprehensive back story.
    2) The forces involved would have time relevant equipment, with access to reasonably accurate intelligence resources and data- accurate and inaccurate in nature and each step you take will impact the game's trajectory. "What you do- or don't do- matters."
    3) The gameplay would likely not be large scale open world in nature since this can be limiting. It may be micro open world where each area of operation would be large enough to choose multiple methods of infil, execution and exfil and provide enough range of view to create an authentic experience representative of the intended area (even if the name is fictitious- you'd "get it.")
    4) To ensure broader market desirability, various options would likely exist to upgrade force capabilities, endurance, damage output, resource potential, intelligence data accuracy etc. in both a realistic and arcade type fashion.
    5) The story would be held together by sufficient "plausible truths" to make the fiction credible and the experience authentic.

I think 3-5 points is probably enough to get the idea across.

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

@en075
    I think I agree for all the points you mentioned, especially for this open world hub part.
    But sadly I don't see it happening as Ubi is currently focusing NFT despite people are having a backlash for it.
    "But we want games for milking money machine! I know you guys want games are meant for fun, but we still want milk money to death! You have to get used it!" Ugh.... Typical corpo mindset....
    Even then it can ended up shelving GR in ad infinitum for running out ideas.
    Not to mention what I read @vaessili_fr's tweet: Talent gatekeeping.

• EN075
    151 posts

@lolt6 Oh yeah make no mistake I have no illusions at all that this would ever happen in a billion years and a million alternate universes... but- as someone who practically learned to read with Tom Clancy books I felt like I could answer the question with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

• echolecter
    311 posts

What if ... it wouldn't be on Ubisoft nor any other publisher. He'd still be writing stories for new books to publish instead of games that could as well have used any other random name in their titles.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts

Didn't read all of it but I believe this is more or less like asking George Lucas to fix the mess Disney has created with Star Wars... for some, of course!

• Lolt6
    Original poster 86 posts

@EN075

Oh yeah make no mistake I have no illusions at all that this would ever happen in a billion years and a million alternate universes... but- as someone who practically learned to read with Tom Clancy books I felt like I could answer the question with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

Yeah, I wish we could have the game developed based on Tom Clancy's novel itself or even w/in Clancyverse bible, if exist. I wonder if he didn't sold his Redstorm Entertainment and his own IP to Ubisoft in first place?

@echolecter

What if ... it wouldn't be on Ubisoft nor any other publisher. He'd still be writing stories for new books to publish instead of games that could as well have used any other random name in their titles.

Then he would become an Clancy estate himself, just like other novel writers out there

• Hdwc_
    223 posts

@lolt6 @EN075
    I think that point 3 still could be bent, as well as tom clancy could have raised people like the already well educated Karolyna Stachira, one of the many who came out from a Humanistic Studies or built their experience in some way and then be featured in the teams who create stories working together with those teams who program mechanics, animations and so on, so to make a good game like the one written by the Vet that was actually behind (also interviewed quite some time ago due to the back lash GRW received: in such interview he proved and it was proved that GRW was actually if not outstanding, a very good job - Dan Wislow and Shane Salerno... here I found the names I think, but there might be more, I think there was also a good us guy who was criticized but verified the military part of the story and so on.)

I often write a lot, there are tons of things in what I write, tons of stuff I forget, or is not understood, and written bad and stuff I can't write...
    Here I just want all, not just as an answer to the OP, but actually what UBISOFT did well, getting these guys, making them work together
    This is real project management.

This is what we expect...

You don't? Well if you don't it's your fault you like bad games, if you don't have time to understand, to immerse, to play slow, to enjoy and breathe the game, the atmosphere, learn, because gaming is LEARNING.

making gaming fast and speculative finance is what, those who do not understand how this is such an important video and also topic opened by Lolt6, are bringing on us with "new" pseudo games.

long life to authorship of quality, creativity, real poetry, real research, real programming. Stop speculating on games and what is called metaverse, which is exactly gaming, just ubiquitous. F facebook and all those white-haired-newborn dictators.

Thanks to all at Ubisoft that took part to Wildlands, it's so good I am still taking my time to enjoy it and searching for the friends to enjoy it with a realism based simulative approach, wearing the shoes of our avatars... (NHT - No HUD Team our main focus for now GRW)
    Thanks again.

(Post scriptum: I cited Stachyra, a polish writer that started with CD Projekt Red because it is the proof that a quality story can work also in open world... but there are tons of proofs. So Tom Clancy and also who is taking the burden of such responsibility seriously like Dan Wislow and co or those who did not take seriously nor honored it like the people who worked at GRB, can actually keep the shields high, or sink it completely ... it depends on HOW PEOPLE WORK and what VALUES they have.)

Suggested Topics