ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yankee_LT
    Original poster 17 posts

I have played both games for a very long time, but I can never figure this one issue out. I'll be playing Div. 1 ALL day long and never have any problems with the game crashing. So one would think with the newer game Div. 2 that it would be the same if not better with updated code, but it's not. If anything, it's worse. I'll be playing Div. 2 for the same period as I played the first game to compare. And without fail, Div. 2 will crash at least the times in the same playtime of the two. Now, why is this? Plus, why has this never been fixed in this newer and better game?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• III_Hammer_III
    158 posts

Netcode is not a thing. It's just a made up word that people who do not really understand how things work. There could be a number of things that could make a piece of software not work as it normally would, anywhere in the stack.

• V4MPiR1
    313 posts

It's also a nonspecific server-side attribution, which is entirely appropriate in this case.

Presuming the end user has met established operational (ie. system, etc.) requirements, it is neither their responsibility to identify the cause(s) of the service non-provision nor aid in the identification thereof.

• Yankee_LT
    Original poster 17 posts

Let's stick to the topic Netcode or not and solve the issue.

• echolecter
    354 posts

Comparing TD1 and TD2 is like apples and oranges. Despite having the same engine (updated or not) there are no similarities between the two. When TD2 was released there were absolutely no crashes (on my PC) at all, not even a single delta error occurred. Why? Because back then with abundant (authoritative) servers and using UPlay (back-end infrastructure) we had decent response times and therefore the game ran smoothly. Then UbiSoft decided to change stuff which made TD2 (and many other titles) very unstable and in worst cases crash. Reasons for making these changes are unknown to us players and personally would say that they made a terrible decision to do so. You only need to browse this forum to see the effects it has on all the games listed. But reading a lot of topics I can conclude that their services-model isn't working as it should and a lot of games aren't working as advertised, and customers are left with partly broken products.

As for the solution I suppose we will never be able to solve this as players. Only UbiSoft knows what has been changed and why specific errors do occur. If they don't then I can only say they have a huge problem on their side and it won't be solved any time soon. And it will continue to effect a substantial part of their catalog for a long time. Considering the many months already past it is safe to say they are either unwilling to revert changes, or simply don't have a clue why any of these issues appear, which I doubt. As programmer you usually know exactly what consequences changes have, if you don't you're just an amateur and any code written should be reviewed by senior developers.

Windows Updates could also be the cause when it expanded blocking of memory access to what they consider restricted areas whereas those sections where freely accessible before. When UbiSoft suggests to run their applications as administrator this usually mean bypassing security features put in place by Microsoft, and obviously done so for good reasons. If it solves the crashing issue is another matter ... I guess not.

Suggested Topics