ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sheol_01
    Original poster 5 posts

Hi. I've read and find all infos on the net (including threads on this very site, with Ubisoft's responses claiming the bug is no more).

Well, the BIG FLATFISH is absolutely absent from the game. Tried many, many times including south of Wincester, etc...
    Annoying. I'm on PS4. Did a PS4 player ever caught a BIG FLATFISH ?

Thanks in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@sheol_01 yeah, try somewhere around here:

• Sheol_01
    Original poster 5 posts

@bielik01 Thanks a lot for the quick response. I tried specifically in this precise area ; at different in-game hours, no big flatfish to be found, at least on PS4. Anyway, thanks again !

• bielik01
    1721 posts

@sheol_01 I found mine there, right after they said flatfish are back in the game. I don't know the current status. Maybe try meditating?

• thegardener25
    170 posts

@sheol_01 I'm on ps4 pro & even after completing the 'stinky' challenge, I've got surplus big flatfish in my inventory. It took them months, & several updates (with a few mishaps along the way), before this bug was finally fixed. I can't remember when it was finally fixed. But they are (or were), in the area that @bielik01 highlighted! I found, the best way to catch them is by small boat, & start from the sea end/South of the river, & zigzag both sides of the coastline to find them. There are a couple of problems though. The 1st is that there are a lot of fish in that area. So if you have time to kill, then catch a few of the other species of fish, in order to clear the waters. The 2nd problem is that there are Regular Flatfish there, as well as Big! Because you're in a small boat, close to the surface of the water, along with the fixed camera view. Sometimes a Flatfish may look like a Big, but when you reel it in. It turns out to be regular! & vice-versa! Which reminds me of a great 'Father Ted' scene (I'll just point out, that I'm not catholic, or can be ersed with organised religion. Although I understand the comfort that parents, family & friends of recently deceased feel in, knowing/believing, that their child, sibling, friend, or relative. Is being cared for/looked after, by "good angels"). Anyhow, back to 'Father Ted',

Anyhow, I hope you get you're Big Flatfish! Any of the other fish you catch on the way can always be sold for silver!

• Sheol_01
    Original poster 5 posts

@bielik01 I tried it too. Thanks for your responses, very kind of you !

• Sheol_01
    Original poster 5 posts

@thegardener25 Oh thank you (and Bielik too). I'll keep on trying !

• Sheol_01
    Original poster 5 posts

@thegardener25 and @bielik01 : thanks again guys, finally got ahold of the big f****** flatfish today following your advices and trying harder. A pleasure to see helpful people here !

Suggested Topics