ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/488 Replies/71510 Views
    fabri2k80
    2 posts

@abdx thanks, very much! You just repaired my game!!!

• fabri2k80
    2 posts
    Yooo found the fix.
    Just go to "C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\cache" Delete the contents of the folder and try again.
    Fixes all sorts of crashes-- launch, black screen, white screen, in-game crash etc.

• moolumbo
    10 posts

@satrincha Still doesn't eliminate the "D3DDRED2" crashes, though. 😞

• saha4
    6 posts

After patch 1.4.2, the game started to crash, there is a D3DDRED2 error in the event log, there is also an error "nvlddmkm driver was successfully restored".
    Full error log
    "Error container 2110429855023941936, type 5
    Event Name: D3DRED2
    Response: No data
    CABIN ID: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: VEN_10DE
    P2: 30.0.15.1165
    P3: 0x887A0006
    P4: 7
    P5: ACValhalla.exe
    P6: Unknown
    P7:
    P8:
    P9:
    P10: "
    Occurs after 20 minutes of play most often, sometimes not at all and after 5 hours of play.
    I'll try to clear the Cache folder before each launch of the game, maybe this is the problem.
    Does anyone else have such a error?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6075 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your crash reports with us.

If you have been encountering a white screen when launching Assassin's Creed Valhalla, then please can you check out our dedicated Megathread for this specific crash issue. We have shared approved workarounds within this thread, as well as advice about workarounds that we do not recommend you try. For your own safety, we ask that you take the time to check this out.

If you are experiencing a crash / freeze without a white screen, then please can you ensure that you provide us with all of the following information. This information will allow us to open up support tickets for you, which we can use to collect your system files for further investigation:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

@satrincha - Thanks for sharing the Nvidia drivers update! This is helpful for players who are encountering a white screen when launching the game. I understand that you're playing other games right now, rather than Assassin's Creed Valhalla. If you'd like us to continue troubleshooting the technical issues you were encountering with Assassin's Creed Valhalla, then I recommend reopening your support ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and leaving a comment on the ticket page.

@ABDX - Thank you for sharing how you were able to resolve the crashing issues in your own game. Please note that we do not recommend that you delete the contents of the Assassin's Creed cache folder within your Documents, as we are unable to guarantee that this won't cause additional issues in future. Player are welcome to try this suggestion, but doing so would be at your own risk.

@moolumbo - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a "D3DDRED2" error crash. I would recommend that you reopen your support ticket so our team can take a closer look at this. You can reopen your ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website, going to "See All Cases" on your homepage and leaving a comment on your support ticket page explaining the crashes you are now experiencing.

@saha4 - I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a crash with a "D3DDRED2" error. Would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?

We can then use this information to open up a support ticket for you.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • saha4
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis

Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide?

Yes

What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?

i5-10600k, gtx1660ti, 16gb RAM, SSD

Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?

Yes, before the release of patch 1.4.2

Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software

No.

Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

In most cases, this happens 20-30 minutes after the game start.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6075 posts

Thanks for providing me with all of the requested information, @saha4! I've now opened up a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files for further investigation. You can find your support ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage.

I've also sent an email to your linked email address, which has steps on how to upload your system files to your support ticket. Please check this out when you're next able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Leotaurus1995
    25 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • saha4
    6 posts

@leotaurus1995
    Were you able to solve the problem or did you just delete game?

• Leotaurus1995
    25 posts
    Banned

@saha4 this problem has existed for over a year from what I can gather . This game has been crashing like this nonstop . I deleted the game after the last 1.4.2 update . Lowering graphics . Updating drivers . Updating windows . Deleting your cache . Running the game as admin . Disabling cloud saves . And a whole long list of apparent fixes does not fix the issue . So unfortunately no . Never found a solution . At times it gives you a placebo effect where you think you figured it out by trying a fix but the game will still 100% crash . Your best option at this point is to either get a refund or just boicot this company because if they can sell us defective products then we shouldn't be paying for them

Some people will think I'm being unreasonable . But the fact that ubisoft sells a defective product and refuses to fix or refund it is pretty messed up . This game was £100 for the gold edition yet it doesn't even work . That's £100 I could've spent on litteraly anything else and it would've been more beneficial than this broken mess

Edit : there is one apparent fix tho . Increase tdr delay on your GPU . If you fry your system because of a crash (it has happend before to me with the original watch dogs game where it burnt my SSD) ubisoft obviously won't take any responsibility . I didn't increase TDR on my system because I'm not risking a rtx 2080 super for this game ... and if a 2080 super can't apparently handle this game you should know how broken this game actually is

• saha4
    6 posts

@leotaurus1995
    There is an option to try to play on any cloud, for example Geforce NOW, I am sure there will not be such a problem. You can even try to run on your computer then, and check for crashes.
    I showed this error after about 70 hours of play that is frustrating. 
    The game has a problem with +1 fps that the vertical sync it starts freeze, I have to put in config 59fps. The game for a couple of years, and no one fixed anything.
    And the game runs very bad on GTX series cards.

• Leotaurus1995
    25 posts
    Banned

@saha4 well . This issue seems to just exist only on PC . I've watched some people play this game where it has that 1 second freeze that you see every time before the game crashes on console and the game just recovers . On PC that's not the case . It will just straight CTD . I can't garuntee what the issue is but it behaves the same way as a VRAM leak . But there is no way to actually prove this since the game doesn't recover and you can't monitor any sort of recourse leak

You can see the same sort of behavior of you play RDR 2 during daytime in Valentine . But the actual difference is that RDR will dip framerate for about 2 seconds instead of booting you out of the game when the VRAM leak occurs

Also yeah . Capping the framerate to 59fps in the ini helps with the performance because the game glitches and hits 61 fps and throttles down to 40 . Keeping it on 59 fixes about 95% of the stuttering but does not fix the D3DDRED2 issue

• mysticmanc
    3 posts

May as well include my experience for Ubisoft to reply to without actually fixing anything.
    I can launch the game and it lands on the menu screen, when I try to start the game I get a black screen and it doesn't load.
    According to task manager the game is using about 4900MB of memory but not using any other resources.
    Yes, I've tried the trouble shooting guide.
    I have played the game prior to this, I'm not entirely sure when it started misbehaving
    My specs are AMD Ryzen 2700x 32GB DDR4 3000 AMD 6600XT 8GB.
    I have added a new HDD as I was running out of space on my old one.

I can't (nor should I have to) install the game on the same HDD as my OS, it's a 120GB SSD.

I doubt this will be fixed but I can hope.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3920 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for posting about the crashes you have experienced in-game, now post update 1.4.2

In order to be able to more efficiently report these instances to our ACV team, please help answer the following questions, to understand exactly what type of crash you experienced in-game, as there are several different types > 

• Did your computer restart itself, did the game or launcher close itself down, did your computer display a certain blank coloured screen, did the game freeze so you couldn't control anything, or does it perform any other strange behaviour not described?

• Do you also receive any kind of warning message from the launcher, game, Windows, or software when the crash happens, or did the game launcher ask you to send a crash report? If any message is displayed to you after these crashes, a screenshot of this message will be very helpful to us if you can capture one.

This support article contains some of the most common fixes for game and launcher crashes and goes over permissions, hardware, and software issues that could potentially cause these crashes. Please could you all run through every step in this guide you have yet to try, to see if it can help resolve these crashes for you, or at least narrow down possible causes >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Should these steps not resolve this issue for you, please let us know in this thread. We will need to gather your system files to look for more clues as to why this is affecting certain players' games and we will open a private support ticket for you, to escalate these cases more efficiently to our ACV team.

mysticmanc as you already specified what type of crash you were having - black screen after entering the games menu - and you have already tried our troubleshooting guide without success, I have opened a support case for you already. You should hear from us soon via email.

Official Response
  • klanidaki
    3 posts

Every program that has an overlay option for games like afterburn,discord,ubisoft laucher,geforce exprerience,keyboard/mouse softwares,water cooling monitoring software like nzxt cam etc. will cause a crash at some point,the crashing frequency is totaly random.So disabling overlay options or close the programs will decrease the crashes dramatically.Have in mind that at some point you will have a random crash for other reasons that i dont know but extremely rare to zero compare with overlay on.Thats the solution i find for my crashes.Other solutions that mentioned before didnt work for me only this.

• S7igma957
    238 posts

@klanidaki I have zero crash in all games exept ACV with Razer and ASUS software ( Armory + GPU Tweak ) + GFE + antivirus + RDP + Chrome and other software working in backgroud. The issue not in software! Please stop spreading such info!!!

There is no connection between software and crashes!!!

Again!
    Game never crashed in Norway and Ireland ! Not a single crash in 480 hours of gameplay!!! I have all achievements! England - 150+ crashes! How about this? Software?

I still don't understand, why Ubisoft support is trying to gather more info about our rigs!

Game crashes more frequently in evening. I live in Ukraine. Time when game start to crash AGAIN! ( Friday, Feb 11 2022 9:47:36 PM ) Whole day all wast perfect!

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @s7igma957, I understand what you are saying. However, klanidaki is right here stating that third party programs can cause crashes. It is very important to note that while it may not be the cause for your crashes, it could absolutely be the cause for someone else. Third-party software running in the background can cause interference with games. This is why it is included in our steps over on our technical troubleshooting article.

Even if any third party software is not directly causing the crash, it is essential to rule them out and disable them temporarily until a solution is found. If you are still experiencing crashes after going through the steps kindly mentioned by my colleagues earlier, please let me know, and I will gladly look into it further.

@klanidaki - thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that you have resolved the crashing.

• Miyako34
    2 posts

Buenas tardes
    No puedo ejecutar assassin's creed vallhalla. He probado desinstalar el juego y lo he vuelto a instalar y no ha funcinado. He actualizado los controladores graficos y tampoco ha funcionado. Me podrian ayudar, por favor.
    Gracias por atenderme.

• shadalkane
    1 posts

Hello, I also experiences crashes in AC Valhalla. As early notes, my PC spec is i9 9900K, 2080ti, 32GB 3200Mhz RAM.
    Playing in Norway was fine. But after 1 hour to England, Valhalla CTD. I replayed it then it crashes in 30 min.
    I was playing after the 1.4.2 update so I don't know the experiences before that.

I also played in my Laptop ROG Strix i7 gen 9, 1650, 32 GB 2600MHz RAM, also same experiences, crashes after 1 hour in england. I was playing AFTER the laptop is booted. No apps. No overclocking. No modifying anything at all at my laptop whether it is in BIOS level or overlay level.

I played Odyssey on both spec (PC and Laptop) with no crashes at all.

Thank you.

• klanidaki
    3 posts

@s7igma957 Just to know there are some games that dont even start with afterburn running in the backround maybe not for you but for others for sure.And i mentioned specific the overlay option that some softwares have for games.And why not share an info that help me with crashes that maybe help others?For sure the game have issues with the overlay mechanic thats why i had crashes but that was a solid solution for me so i can play properly and dont unistall tha game thats all.

Suggested Topics