ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/488 Replies/71863 Views
    longjohn119
    1340 posts

@s7igma957 While that may be true, turning off background applications is a valid troubleshooting step just like removing overclocks .... You have to start a troubleshooting process at step one and work your way down the list

It may or may not fix the problem but it makes it a lot easier to isolate the problem since you eliminate already known problems and there are indeed several background applications that crash Valhalla, for instance Gigabyte's RBG software and one of the controller manufacturer's software (I don't remember which one offhand since I don't own their controllers) and many people that bought the game fairly recently don't know this

You have to also take into consideration that the main game was made by one development team, both the DLCs by yet two more outside development teams and the Kassandra add-on by yet another collaborative team made up of Valhalla and Odyssey developers .... Perhaps even the Norway part was done by a different team than the one that did England. So what I would do (I do hardware troubleshooting for a living and have for 30+ years) is kick it back to the team that coded the England part since they know that portion of code best (Nothing more painstaking than having to troubleshoot someone else's code) ....

A case study that illustrates a developer successfully doing this is the Horizon Zero Dawn PC port. A third party did the port and it was a bit of a mess on release but after a couple of weeks Guerilla Games took it back and eventually turned it into one of the best PC ports I've seen. I have all settings cranked to max plus am running DLDSR and still get 70-80 FPS and the game looks amazing (Much better than it does on a PS4 or PS5) and never stutters or crashes. Unfortunately Sony has seemed to learn nothing from the experience and had the same 3rd party do the God of War PC port and it's a crashing mess and/or it has stuttering/performance problems in several areas (Still not as bad as Valhalla though) yet support is still in the hands of the 3rd party developer and not kicked back to Santa Monica Studio (Granted they are probably working overtime on God of War: Ragnarok but that's still Sony's fault for the bad timing of the release so close to to a new product). It's a lot like Valhalla, every time they fix one Bug they create 2 more in the process

• S7igma957
    238 posts

@longjohn119 Why i should start troubleshooting process if Valhalla only one game among tons of AAA titles which is crashed all the time? This game needs help, not me. And this is what i'm trying to say all of the time here. Every game with or without Denovo works great. I repeat! ALL GAMES!!!

I want Valhalla to be perfect, because game looks outstanding! I've spent 480+ hours in this game! This is the best looking game for now!

I'm tired to post here the same again, again and again. Ragnarok will tell us more! Until then i'll be playing Odyssey!

• guest-DXDXpaAj
    1 posts

So hear me out. Everytime I load into ac valhalla, whether it be I be playing for
    3hrs - 5hrs or more straight. Abbordently I'll get a glitches in the including category of graphical, technical, freezes, etc etc. I've reported this to Ubi-soft and been dealing with this problem over for months. I've been in the professional gamer industry for 22 years outside of this game and others. This entire game is absolutely fantastic, the only problem is the mass variant of glitches and bugs. And I told the Ubi-soft team, "maybe use today's technology and put this game through a software, so it can tell out the major and minor things that need to be done to prevent those bugs that will interfere with gaming life. Like how thie guy made this technology and found out why McDonald's Ice Cream machines aren't working at all."

• Vuxpee
    1 posts

Yes, nothing helps.

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?

Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB RAM, GTX 1650 GDDR6, latest version of Windows 10 Home.

• Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?

Yes, just a few months ago before the latest patches were released. No crashes at all iirc.

• When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.

Today. I haven't played the game for months, only have installed it today. First it crashed all the time during a startup while the game was checking for add-ons, but turns out that was due to faulty DLC folders in the directory. Deleted those and now I am able to get to main menu, but if I try to verify the game files after that, it will redownload missing DLC folders and the game will be crashing again. Anyway, without DLC folders, the game now always crashes during a start of a new game when you have to choose Eivor's gender. As soon as a prompt to choose a gender appears, the games first freezes permanently, then crashes. No matter what I do, it's always this exact moment.

• Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?

It's been a few months since I played the game last time. There have been a few driver and Windows updates released during that time which I always install.

• Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?
    1. During the initial loading screen on startup when the game is checking for add-one. But like I said, deleting DLC folder "resolved" that.
    2. As soon as the player is prompted to choose Eivor's gender when starting a new game. I have no save files to check for crashes where the game has progressed further that the very beginning of the game.

• Prenos.Neko
    1 posts
    • Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide?
      • Yes, nothing helps.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, 64GB RAM, RTX 3080, Latest Version Windows 11 Pro, Screen Asus Rog 34" Widescreen QHD 100Hz Gsync.
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
      • Yes but it has been a long time, about 5-6 months ago
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
      • The game freezes during play and then crashes. The first time this happened was in England -> Grantebridgscrie -> Meldeburne about 4 times in a row (within 10min). After I lowered the graphics settings a bit it got better but about 1h later I had another crash but I can't remember where. After that I lowered the graphics settings again, played for about 4 hours and crashed again (England -> Grantebridgscrie -> Earnningstone).
        • graphic settings
          • 1: All settings on max, vsync on,sampling 150%, approx. 50-60 fps
          • 2: All settings on very high, vsync on, sampling 130%, approx. 60-80 fps,
          • 3: All settings on high, vsync on, sampling 130%, approx. 100+ fps
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
      • Since it's been a long time since I last played the game, of course many new drivers have come for windows as well as for the graphics card. incl. Win 10 Pro -> Win 11 Pro.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?
      • While playing. Unfortunately, I can not say exactly when it happens. The first time it crashed only by riding. The second time by fast camera rotation and change of direction while riding. The third time by setting fire to the houses in the village mentioned above. Fascinatingly, I had no problems in Norway, despite the fact that I had max settings there.

Oh, and by the way, sometimes my character slips a few meters in the direction he's currently looking, about 5-6m. So without me running he suddenly stands somewhere else.

If my english is not good enough, I would like to apologize. I am not so good in foreign languages. But I hope you understand what I want to say and I can help you.

• S7igma957
    238 posts

Game still crashing! In England!

• Shisshh
    5 posts

@jarlaxle456 Same problem here man tried everything and still crashes.
    20 min gameplay the freeze few sec then crash to desktop everytime

• satrincha
    13 posts

Just tried it, freeze and crash after 19mn doing exploration
    74 days since the broken patch. ....................... can't say what i think about Ub..... now.......................................... 🤐 🤐 🤐 🤐 🤐

• simrenkaurdxb
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • simrenkaurdxb
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • longjohn119
    1340 posts

Sound familiar? An article about Elden Ring PC port from Digital Foundry .... Sounds a lot like what I've been saying for the last year or more about Valhalla

"Quite how the game reached consumers in this state isn't clear, but the 'why' does have some level of explanation. Elden Ring is the first title that sees the From Software engine transition to DirectX 12. As we've discussed previously (most recently with the disappointing PC port of Final Fantasy 7 Remake), DX12 gives developers much more control of the GPU: elements such as memory management and threading are no longer handled by the driver, meaning that many responsibilities move across directly to the developer. The stuttering issues suggest that shader compilation management is poorly handled, with shader code compiled the first time it's needed in-game, generating split-second delays throughout the experience.
    It's pervasive. There's a noticeable stutter when you first move your character. There's another when you first thrust your sword. Every time a new particle effect is generated, the game stutters again. For every new enemy type you encounter, there's another large stutter. It looks to me like every single time a new shader effect is invoked that you may not have seen before, the game tries to compile it 'just in time' as the game is rendering. Therein lies the issue: in my testing, every 'first' within Elden Ring produces pauses of up to a quarter of a second.

• verjil
    1 posts

@s7igma957
    same

• Barka81
    1 posts

Guten Tag,

Beim starten des o.g. Spieles gab es schon von Anfang an Probleme.

Daraufhin habe ich verschiedene Schritte unternommen:

Virenprogramm angepasst
    Softwaretreiber aktualisiert auch von der Grafikkarte
    Spieleinstellungen angepasst /Grafik herabgesetzt
    Spieldateien überprüft
    Neuinstallation
    Anwendung als Administrator ausgeführt

Ergebnis: Spiel startet, der Vorspann läuft, aber sobald die Spielsequenz beginnen soll, stürzt das Spiel komplett ab.
    Das äußert sich dadurch das sich das Spiel einfach abschaltet. Die Anwendung schließt sich sozusagen selbstständig.

Ich bitte dies bezüglich um eine Lösung.

Vielen Dank. 

Grüße Rebecca

• XXLpeanuts
    9 posts

@longjohn119 God this is just every AAA open world game since DX12 was a thing huh.

• longjohn119
    1340 posts

@xxlpeanuts It will likely go away once developers drop support for the obsolete PS4 and Xbox One

Whenever I see a game is still supporting the last gen consoles I know ahead of time the PC port is going to have problems .... That's why I haven't bought Elden Ring yet ... I'm completely immune to FOMO Propaganda so waiting a month or two doesn't bother me

• Wynimm
    3 posts

Hi,

I started game recently i played norway part with no issue at all. After coming to England it was normal at first but recently after the patch i started crashing every 10 min I send several crash reports to ubisoft.I dont have any heating issue , my softwares are all up to date. I verify the game but that doesnt change anything. I dont know what to do. Game is unplayable for me . I hope you guys can help me.

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? Yes!
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)? i7 11800, 32gb and RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? Yes,
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. Very random,
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? No, my system is brand new, so no changes. Besides Valhalla is the only game that i have this problem, all others behave just normal.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? During playing. I didnt experince any crash while launching or loading screen

Regards

• Hyogoko
    4 posts

Hi @Ubi-Borealis I have been playing valhalla for a long time and I just started up my game again after about a week break. Trying to access the animus store will immediately crash my game no matter what I do or how I try to access the animus store. From the start menu or from the pause menu in game. I have verified my game files and no issues have come up otherwise.

Misc Info:
    PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz  4.00 GHz
    Installed RAM: 16.0 GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

• Akam258
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis Hello! I have a problem with this great game... So, since I bought this game, after going to England it started to crashes. Basically after 15/20 minutes of gameplay it crashes and all I can see is my desktop. I've been trying to do something with it, but nothing is working for me. Verifying files, updating drivers, all windows updates, running as admin, changing to windowmode 1, playing in offline mode. Can someone help me somehow? Thank you in advance!
    My pc: i5 10400F, RTX3060, 16Gb ram, win10

• G8RN4T10N89
    1 posts

I'm on Xbox one, but am also experiencing crashing. I found a trouble shooting guide on a different post, followed it to the T and am still experiencing crashing. I'm on Storming Ravensburg. About 5 min into the mission, the game crashes and sends me to my xbox home screen. Extremely frustrating.

• braudrist
    37 posts

Still crashing for me in Svartalfheim.

Suggested Topics