ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/316 Replies/33516 Views
    Simplethumb
    136 posts

To the people crahsing every 5 to 15 minutes, all I can say is to try it on different days, the game's weird lol, I have days were I crash frequently and some days I can play for 5 hours without one.

• arni-GX
    32 posts

@simplethumb yup, sometimes, i have that problem too.....

• arni-GX
    32 posts

@arni-gx

i think i know why there is some CTD in my ACV......

1st BUG.....

this option, sometimes when i am relogin into my ACV.... i dont know why....but, my ACV has auto change my setting into like that.....

FPS Limit = OFF
    borderless
    3440x1440
    50 hz
    vsyinc = ON/OFF

so, for last few days, everytime i am relogin into my ACV, i must double check that option....

in this option, my ACV never auto change evrytime i am relogin into my ACV, its perfectly working fine....

for 2nd BUG.....

everytime i am relogin into my ACV, always..... bind keys call revan = HUgr RIP.....

*** since 2001, i am always using mouse in my left hand, arrow keys on my right hand, in all pc games..... forever.....

• longjohn119
    1035 posts

@arni-gx What you could try doing is open up your ACValhalla.ini file ( C:\Users\<User Name.\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\ACValhalla.ini ) in a text editor (I use and recommend Notepad++) and put your preferred settings in there, then save them and set the file to Read Only so they can't be changed (Right click ACValhall.ini, choose Properties and check the Read Only box at the bottom under Attributes) That should keep them from getting changed although with this game I wouldn't bet my life on it

• arni-GX
    32 posts

@longjohn119

yesss..... BUG no 1 it is look like has gone..... but, BUG no 2 is still there......

• Aethroth
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Aethroth
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Aethroth
    3 posts

Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? Yes...
       What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz, 32GO RAM, 2080 Super, uplay and game on C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft with 980evo M2
       Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? NO
       When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. Total randomly
       Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? NO
       Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? Just in game

It's unbelievable to see so many people having the same problem with your game/software....
    I can't play normally, the game crashes so often, I think you're stealing $60 from me for an app that doesn't work!

Only the same "D3DDRED2" crashes, all system, driver, updated...just this game crashing on my computer...
    A year later, the real date, how we can see crashes with the multiple update !!! It's just unacceptable...

you deserve a common action in justice a petition, and with a consumer association for theft and poor workmanship in band organized....
    I will still try to bring my stone to the building by doing your support and your feedback that you can't do... And where you leave the players to fend for themselves on a forum to make your debug pool..

Always same crash:

spoiler

I cant post here dxdiag, and msinfo

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5779 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for sharing your crash reports within this thread, and for providing us the the requested information.

Please note that the purpose of this thread is to collect additional information from players experiencing crashes / freezes on PC so we can open up support tickets for further investigation. If you do not wish to open up a support ticket and would like to discuss your own technical set-ups or provide feedback about the game, then I recommend you create a new thread in our General Discussions forums.This will prevent us from going off-topic within this thread.

As there can be multiple of different causes behind crashes / freezes in-game, it can be tricky to investigate all of these potential causes within the forums. To help us to investigate individual crash reports further, as well as keep track of any repeating causes or common trends, we will create a support ticket for those of you who share your reports within this thread. By creating a support ticket, we are able to collect your unique system files, and it helps us to keep all troubleshooting and information from an investigation in a single easy-to-find place.

Please note that before we can assist you in opening up support tickets for the crashes / freezes you've been experiencing, we first need to collect some additional information from you. If you have not already, then please can you provide us with all of the following information:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

@Costi454 - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble pledging to Lincolnscire. As desynchronization is not quite the same as a crash, I recommend that you create a new thread so our team can look into this issue further without going off-topic within this thread about crashes / freezes on PC.

@MHwtf, @SOOPS-00, @kilyan82, @arni-GX & @Jack_Bauer-AiR - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Would you be able to provide us with all of the information requested above? We can then open up a support ticket for you so our team can provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

@BOYMEDICOL - Thank you for sharing an update within this thread. Are you still experiencing crashes after moving your game to a different drive? If you're still experiencing crashes, please can you provide us with all of the information requested above so we can open up a support ticket for you.

@Aethroth - Thanks for providing us with all of the requested information! I've now opened up a support ticket for you. You can find this by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your main homepage. I've also sent you a Ubisoft email with steps on how to upload your system files to your support ticket, as these will be needed for further investigation.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    1035 posts
    @longjohn119

yesss..... BUG no 1 it is look like has gone..... but, BUG no 2 is still there......

I should mention something you need to be aware of is if you want to change some settings later you'll need to uncheck the Read Only flag, make your changes and then check the Read Only flag again. Not all of the settings use the INI file and some even seem to ignore it even though there is an entry in there (Tobii for instance) Basically if you change something later and it doesn't 'stick' then go in and remove the Read Only flag and try again

• rooxon
    6 posts

PC version, 1.5.1 patch. My game constantly crashes at random points but so often I can't even be ingame for 1 minute. I could play the game perfectly fine before the Kassandra update but truth be told I had it uninstalled since I played the first DLC. In between I upgraded to windows 11 from windows 10. I made sure everything is okay and updated to the latest drivers and I have done all of the troubleshooting, when I ran out of that even some google solutions that did not work (setting myself to offline in Connect and unticking the overlay features). So for me it is unplayable. I cannot even switch gear or travel more than like 100m before it crashes. I will uninstall it until this is fixed, I sent you plenty plenty of crash reports over the past few days.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5779 posts

Hello there @rooxon,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing frequent crashes in-game. Thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried as well.

Please note that the Player Support team don't have visibility on the crash reports you may have already submitted via Ubisoft Connect. The best way for us to look into these crashes further is to create a support ticket for you, as this will allow us to collect your unique system files for the investigation. To help us to create a support ticket for your, would you be able to provide us with the following information? I can see you've already provided some of the requested details, but it would be helpful to have you confirm this information using the following template:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • rooxon
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis So...

1. I've completed all troubleshooting I could think off and everything you guys suggested, as I mentioned when I ran out of those I also googled around for possible random fixes like setting myself to offline on Connect/disabling overlays and popup messages. Nothing worked, game still crashes randomly (either in overworld or any of the menus, can't even switch gear). Event Viewer says some kernel base error is connected to my crashes.
    2. I9 9900K up to 5.1ghz, 2070 Super, 16gb ram, 1 NVME SSD, 1 regular SSD and 1 HDD, a power supply and mother board to hold it all together. In case it matters, I have a soundbar jacked in via optical cable, a wireless Xbox One controller, keyboard, mouse and dual monitor setup, one is 1080p 165hz and the other is 1440p 60hz.
    3. Yes, I've completed one save up to 94% game done without crashes back then, there were bugs like the festival cloak that wouldn't go away even after quest, then uninstalled after first dlc and waited for everything to be released.
    4. I re-downloaded the game about a week ago as I wanted to play the Kassandra update and this time around do a 100% run. The crashes were happening right after a fresh installation.
    5. Coincidentally I recently also updated from win10 to win11. I've had issues in light of that change on other software too so I wouldn't be surprised if it's linked to my problems. (Just in case it helps - similarily Star Wars The Force Unleashed Steam version wouldn't run for me no matter what after I switched to win11, event viewer also had a kernel error. So someone on steam forums linked me an update to dx9 from the Microsoft website, I installed that and the game ran near perfectly, some missing sound files here and there.)
    6. No, none. The only trigger for the game crashing is that it's running and I'm not kidding, it can crash either in the loading screen, either overworld, either in menus. can't even view tutorials. I downloaded over 100gb worth of data to my SSD to watch crash messages galore. Old save, new game, doesn't matter, one thing I did notice is it doesn't have trouble parsing video files but it does have trouble as soon as anything 3D related starts. For example, one time a new game didn't crash right after the 3D render of little Eivor starts and I could get through to the part where you're then adult Eivor. First it crashed in the first adult eivor cutscene where he/she is tied on the docks, then second time I skipped it... and I crashed as soon as I walked about 20m or so. I continued and fired up the game one more time, this time I crashed at the first Viewpoint when I pressed F to focus on it. It's just impossible to get anywhere without just watching the intro messages all the time. I'm pretty much rendered being unable to play it at all. I know your intro messages by memory by now. And one time I've also just let it run without touching anything in the main menu with continue, new game etc. It also crashed on it's own after about 5min or so.

I hope this helps. If you need more, say the word.

EDIT: Even did a fresh win 11 installation (I thought that the fact I upgraded instead of freshly installed it could have messed up my files). So after that, first thing I downloaded was Firefox through Edge, then Ubisoft Connect through Firefox. I installed the game. It crashes exactly the same as it did before, no change... so I'm pretty sure this means nothing on my side is wrong and I sent you 2-3 more crash reports right after. And I've been filling up this post with more info up above as I did more tests to try to find out what's causing all this and also some more things that I've noticed about the problem.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 95 posts

Hi @rooxon ! Thanks for that detailed description of your issue - I've created a new support case for you including all those details. This way we'll be able to take a closer look at your details. Make sure to check your email and submit the required files to continue the investigation, thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • arni-GX
    32 posts

@rooxon

i dont know why, but limited my FPS into 90fps (3440x1440 144hz, vsync on) it can much more stable in the game, not so much CTD happen, its better than when i am using with unlimited fps (3440x1440 144hz, vsync on)......

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2268 posts

Hey @arni-gx , thanks for sharing this insight! I understand that you've lessened the number of crashes by limiting your framerate, and I appreciate you letting us know. My for this issue while we continue our investigations into these crashes.

Official Response

Suggested Topics