ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/352 Replies/40469 Views
    Allysonflb
    10 posts

@carnivalcandle This, i get the same behave using also a rtx 3070.. with the same error in event view.

• LongLiveRNG
    21 posts

Uninstalled XBox Game Bar using powershell (Disabling from Windows Settings does not work) and remove TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay from registry. Been playing for 6 hours with no crash at all. Will try to increase (to the limit) the graphics settings and resolution tonight and I'll post if there's any crashes again.

• KnightLion007
    4 posts

@s7igma957 Funny how its just this game that does it 😕

• longjohn119
    1080 posts
    @jpwiseguy No! Overclocking can't crash the game!

I love the game but game need more and more fixes.

Overclocking can most certainly cause instabilities and crashes because you are running your GPU outside it's designed parameters. This is especially true with the AnvilNext 2 game engine which has never liked overclocking of the CPU or GPU and that's been true since AC Unity .... Besides it's not really worth overclocking a CPU or GPU in the last few years because of the way boost clock technology works .... All you end up doing is risking instabilities for a gain of a couple of FPS that you likely wouldn't even notice. You could probably gain as much performance by simply changing your fan speed curves so it runs cooler which will allow the boost clock to run a tick or two higher because your boost clock speeds are based on two things, temperature and current draw. You overclock a GPU (or CPU) it does two things, it runs hotter and it draws more current forcing the boost clocks to drop whether you like it or not

• tomj44300
    1 posts

@s7igma957

Same for me it s really better since i have changed my PBO settings for my 5800X , i have check stability with core cycler , who instant crash for avx2 and mmx.
    My previous PBO settings was working well for many game like cyberpunk AOE4 bright memory forza 5 without any crash

• S7igma957
    200 posts

@KnightLion007 @tomj44300
    Sorry, didn't saw that you have AMD CPU

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5943 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your crash reports. To allow us to create support tickets, which will allow us to troubleshoot your technical issues further, please can you ensure that you provide us with all of the following information:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

@Jarlaxle456 - Thanks for taking the time to share an update with us! I'm glad to hear that you're experiencing fewer crashes. If you'd like us to take a closer look and continue troubleshooting any other technical issues you're encountering, please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread.

@endevoro - Thanks for providing us with all of the requested information! I can see that you already have a support ticket open for the crashes you're encountering, and that it's been escalated to the dedicated team for further investigation. Please note that we are unable to provide a definite time-frame for when the team will be able to respond, but it will be as soon as they are able to. I recommend that you continue to receive support via your ticket for now, as this will prevent information from being spread out across multiple platforms.

@CarnivalCandle - Thank you for taking the time to share your report with us as well. I've now opened up a support ticket for you as well. You can access your support ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website, and by selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email with instructions on how to collect and upload your system files to your ticket. Please check this out when you're next able to. 🙂

@S7igma957 - Please note that the Player Support team doesn't have access to the crash reports sent via Ubisoft Connect. For us to take a closer look at your system, we will need to gather your system files via a support ticket. Would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information? We can then open a support ticket for you and look into what may be causing these crashes to occur.

@KnightLion007 - I'm sorry to hear that the game keeps restarting your PC. Thanks for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you've tried as well. I've created a support ticket for you, which you can find by logging into the Ubisoft Help website, and by selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email with some steps on how to collect and upload your system files to your ticket, as these will be helpful for troubleshooting further. Please check this out when you're next able to. 🙂

@Allysonflb - Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and for letting us know what seems to trigger these crashes more often. I've now opened a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files for further investigation. You can find your support ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website, and by selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email, which includes steps on how to collect and upload your system files to your support ticket. Please check this out when you're next able to. 🙂

@LongLiveRNG - Thanks for sharing an update with us, and for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried to alleviate the crashes further! If the crashes do persist, I recommend reaching out via your support ticket so we can take a closer look.

@tomj44300 - Just to clarify, are you experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla? If so, would you be able to provide us with the requested information so we can open up a support ticket for you.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Allysonflb
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Thanks for reaching me out, i already send the files that you required and send a message, because i have two Pc's (desktop and laptop) with this exact same behave, so if you need more data, feel free to ask. Have a nice day.

• CarnivalCandle
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the fast response and email!
    I will send in a ticket within the next couple of days, RL is a bit hectic, currently. Also, I'm not certain if this helps, but I was able to test playing the game in admin mode a bit more last night, and it was crash-free, so I'll try to test that more when I can. I really am starting to wonder if, at least for me, the issue lies with Ubisoft Connect, since the game appears stable when either in offline mode, or in admin mode... Perhaps Connect requires Admin to function fully, somehow ??? Anyway, I'll both send in a ticket and explore that angle further as soon as I'm able. Cheers!

• CXPtwo
    6 posts
    • Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation. - Yes.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)? -Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? -Yes.
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. -Problems only started after Patch v1.4.1.1. Right when I went to Isle of Skye.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? -No changes.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

Patch v1.4.1.1 - Started right after I went to Isle of Skye. From there on, I get random crashes. But became ok after I completed and went back to England.
    Patch v1.4.1.2 - After the game loads, the whole games freezes, and then will be ok but as soon as I move, it freezes again. It's a never ending loop.

• S7igma957
    200 posts

@S7igma957 - Please note that the Player Support team doesn't have access to the crash reports sent via Ubisoft Connect.
    You got to be kidding me! Then i'm get out of here! Glad i have Odyssey and tons of other games which is works fine.

• klanidaki
    3 posts

Game crashing to desktop randomly while we are playing and yes our pcs are great np with that... we cant provide any further infos as costumers.Just address the problem to developers

• LightmanN7
    11 posts
    • Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? Yes
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Monitor Dell 24' 144Hz 1440p
    • Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    • Gpu: Nvidia RTX 3080TI
    • Ram: 32go 3600mhz
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? Not really, I didn't have a crash in Norway at the start. But it's hard to say because weeks can go by without seeing a crash, then suddenly, for no apparent reason, several crashes per hour of play.
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. I did not have a crash in Norway. So it started in England, I can't be more exact than that.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? Yes I upgraded my GPU from an Evga GTX 1080 to an Nvidia RTX 3080TI and upgraded to Windows 11, but I was already crashing the same way before these changes.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? Not really.

• KnightLion007
    4 posts

So okay I found a solution to my issue, though I can't say exactly what the solution was. So after the 5th reinstall and going through the troubleshooting I got from support the game still crashed, so I decided reinstall windows and reset my bios and during this my pc didn't want to boot in windows so after some processes of elimination I realize because I reset my bios my riser cable wasn't working properly because bios defaulted to PCIE4 and its a PCIE3 cable so I put the graphics card directly into the motherboard and I played a couple hours with no crash.

• S7igma957
    200 posts

@KnightLion007
    This is just horrible! I can't believe this! So much manipulation........

Just play more. 2 hours is nothing!

• KnightLion007
    4 posts

@s7igma957 Nah my game is fine now been playing a good 5h now and it hasn't caused any issues even my sound and controller, mouse/keyboard disconnecting has stopped , I suspect it was the riser cable combination that caused the game to crash and restart my pc.

• se7ensynns
    6 posts

now its crashing as soon as i get to main menu. I waited for a yr to get this, shoulda waited longer...

• satrincha
    13 posts
    • Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation. Yes for the guide, and more i would have done for any other game.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)? Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 C2, i7-4770k, PNY GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Twin Fans 8Go GDDR6, G.Skill Kit Extreme3 4 x 8 Go PC21300 Trident X CAS12.
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? Yes before patch v1.4.1.1, i start the game only the 11 December 2021, i could do the intro on Norway, and the begenning of England without any crash or freeze.
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. After the Patch v1.4.1.1, all the time when i opened the map.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? No.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? At first it was always when i opened the map. After for any reason it was random when playing, but it never happend during cinematics, and less during main plot. They were MUCH more common in Lunden. I did my last play the DLC Siege of Paris, it was a nightmare, lot of crashes and freezes (even the plot for first time), but where it was crazy like nonstop (2sc playing, 10sc freezing, 3sc playing, 8sc freezing, etc …) was inside Paris during the story. Paris gave me lots of freezes as Lunden. After finishing the DLC i just do exploration to the south west of england, and i had so many crashes, sometimes i was just on nature 2mn on my horse and boom … CTD. I stop the game since, unplayble. Every other games are ok, even DX12 games, even BF2042 never froze or crashed 😬 . All errors log ACV are « EventType=D3DDRED2 »

• moolumbo
    10 posts
     I had over 70 hours of problem-free game time, but kept getting crashes after update 1.4.1.2. Disabling the Windows 10 "Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling" setting fixed it for me. (if you're not on 10 or have that setting off already, then sorry)

UPDATE: Well, that didn't last long. Had a couple lengthy game sessions since my fix above, but then the next day had the same exact error after a couple hours, which happened right after returning to the world from the "start feast" cutscene. So I enabled the "Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling" setting again, and based on the nature of the error I now set "prefer maximum performance" in the nvidia control panel (default is "optimal power"). So far I did a 4 hour game session without issue. But it probably really is something random with the game, as I did notice in that first 70 hours I said were problem-free, I actually did have the same error crash 2 times a few days apart. Maybe the "prefer maximum performance" will help since it keeps the gpu speed from fluctuating during play.

• II_PAJO_II
    11 posts

The game crashes after the last update constantly every 5-10 minutes. And I can't play normally. Please fix it.
    Thank you.

Suggested Topics