ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/446 Replies/61764 Views
    longjohn119
    1294 posts

@longjohn119 Well it crashed yet again for no apparent reason .... Ubisoft wants videos normally so here it is

• waltaricz
    3 posts

@longjohn119
    Quite frankly i dont think they care anymore, you bought it and its already too late for refund, thats all they need, ideal customer

• longjohn119
    1294 posts

@waltaricz Thankfully I got my copy via an AMD promotion when I bought a 3700X in July 2020 so I wasn't out any money out of pocket .... I did buy the season pass but it was on sale for $10.88 on Greenman Gaming .... Not the least bit interested in Dawn of Ragnorok although I may eventually get it is it's cheap enough and I'm bored enough

• longjohn119
    1294 posts

Yet another crash for no apparent reason .... I got to play a whole 5 minutes today before it puked to the desktop

• sonkkorh
    5 posts

@sonkkorh

Game crashes when go to Norway

[19708] 2022-06-20 00:51:58   [20368]   ERROR   File.cpp (653)                  Unable to open file C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/cache/achievements/13504_eddb9d387b217f479864a1639d4cbfa7.tmp, error is 32.
    [19708] 2022-06-20 00:51:58   [20368]   ERROR   FileArchiveUnzip.cpp (87)            Failed to open zip archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/cache/achievements/13504_eddb9d387b217f479864a1639d4cbfa7.tmp(error code: 32).
    [19708] 2022-06-20 00:54:27   [20368]   ERROR   AchievementsDownload.cpp (237)          Unknown file extension for achievement.

• str33tbomber_PT
    10 posts

@longjohn119 Hi there.
    I have the same issue, been playing all week for several hours a day and no issues.
    Today I already crashed 3 times in the same area when raiding a monastery in upper northern Ulster.
    The error I get in the event viewer reports "O controlador de visualização nvlddmkm deixou de responder e recuperou com êxito."
    Basically it says the NVidia controller stopped working. This can indeed happen but after 4 or 5 days of several hours gameplay it happens in this specific area only. Go figure!
    Drivers are updated, game files verified...

• longjohn119
    1294 posts

@str33tbomber_pt My crashes are unrepeatable and don't throw any error messages. Repeatable errors and those with error messages I can usually work out but if I get no error messages and can't get the crash to repeat in the same place I'm just shooting in the dark. All I can do is make an educated guess as to the problem

For instance nvlddmkm is the graphics card kernel and when it crashes, just like the Windows kernel, it usually indicates a memory error like an "illegal" access of protected memory space.

The only good thing I can say is at least it is crashing cleanly to the desktop and not taking down the entire OS or locking up the computer which is really hard on the file system and OS file integrity

• ir0n_s
    3 posts
    • Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? Yes. Did not help.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)? Ryzen 3700x / RTX 3080Ti / 32GB RAM
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? Yes
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. A month or so.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? None.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? Crashes at random places.

• TotalEclipse.
    2 posts

I am stuck in a CTD loop due to enabling FSR while already having HDR enabled, it appears as though they are not compatible.

I already had FSR enabled and then attempted to enable HDR and my game crashed.

I launched the game again and disabled FSR, so both were now disabled. I could then enable HDR, then upon enabling FSR the game crashed and now will not get to the main menu without crashing.

Ubisoft should either fix this implementation or at least let the user know that these features cannot be enabled at the same time.

• Ryusennin
    167 posts

@totaleclipse

Go to "C:\Users\myself\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla" and open ACValhalla.ini with a text editor.
    Search for the value UpsampleType= and change it to 0.

• ir0n_s
    3 posts

Hi All,

Just disabling XMP in BIOS solved the issue for me. I suspect this has something to do with Resizable BAR and XMP, but not sure. When I had a RTX 2080, there was no Resizable BAR option, never had crashes with the same XMP profile. I upgraded to a RTX 3080 Ti and the crashes began. So now I have disabled XMP and Resizable BAR is still on, no crashes, even in other games.

Hope it helps. Thanks

• kolliasl21
    11 posts

To be fair to the developers. The game seems to be very stable after 1.5.2. No crashes so far, after 14 hours of gameplay. I had a lot of issues before so I uninstalled the game a few months ago. I installed the game again 1 month ago and initially it was still the same mess. But after the latest patch it's all good so far.

• longjohn119
    1294 posts

@ir0n_s You nerfed your entire computer performance by 10% or more for just one game? That does however confirm what I've been saying for well over a year, the main issue in this game is they aren't using the DX12 memory APIs correctly and it causes instabilities .... I noticed these problems started happening around the same time they introduced ReBAR into the game which was early 2021 I've also noticed that lately when I crash it freezes for a second or two and I look over at my system monitor and it shows it dumped all the GPU memory and then it just CTDs because there is nothing in VRAM for the game to access from the next frames

Ubisoft should seriously consider doing what other developers have done, instead of trying and failing to make a game engine for DX11 work with DX12 just go over to UE5 ..... Like CDPR and most Sony studios are doing now

• archseraphim122
    4 posts

Re: [[PC] Experiencing crashes / freezes whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla | POST HERE](/topic/128177/pc-experiencing-crashes-freezes-whilst-playing-assassin-s-creed-valhalla-post-here)
    Error posting Message post.in OP
    Device name DESKTOP-PI57TIF
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100T CPU @ 3.10GHz  3.10 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
    Device ID FAC7F63A-0C78-40CD-B78B-CDE6DF7B2D9E
    Product ID 00325-81808-44122-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points

• archseraphim122
    4 posts

Hello Valhalla crashes during opening intro. at the "the world you walk and war upon line"
    Device name DESKTOP-PI57TIF

• ir0n_s
    3 posts

@longjohn119 While I agree Ubisoft should further optimize the game, but I don't believe they are only to blame here. I mean the XMP profile works perfectly fine with my RTX 2080.

And not only Valhalla, I was seeing crashes on games like CP 2077 and BO Cold War when I switched to the 3080 Ti.

I would say nvidia needs to do better with their ReBAR support as in this case I believe that is what's causing the issues.

• archseraphim122
    4 posts

Hello. i am not sure if its pc compatibility.

What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?Device name DESKTOP-PI57TIF

• Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? no installed it two days before
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. at the opening intro cutscene after the " the world you walk and war upon line"
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? No.
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen at the opening intro cutscene after the " the world you walk and war upon line

• CavaleiroFV 0
    1 posts

There is no way to play, the game crashes every 10 minutes. Can someone from support give me a refund? Bought on 06/23/22

Error:
    Assinatura do problema:
    P1: VEN_10DE
    P2: 30.0.15.1259
    P3: 0x887A0006
    P4: 7
    P5: ACValhalla.exe
    P6: Unknown
    P7: 
    P8: 
    P9: 
    P10: 

• longjohn119
    1294 posts
    @longjohn119 Well it crashed yet again for no apparent reason .... Ubisoft wants videos normally so here it is

Just for the record here is what my graph looks like, this was taken in Cent while sailing and you'll notice there are really no instabilities or signs of something in the background causing problems

Suggested Topics