ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/318 Replies/32265 Views
    azaraqps4
    6 posts

I have 176h in Vallhalla and indeed I had a few crashes before but nothing compared to this. I started playing few days ago after a break since March and it's unplayable, it crashes every 5-10 mins randomly even when browsing a map. My specs: gtx 3080, i9-10900K, 32gb ram. No issues with many other games I played lately.

EDIT:
    Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? - Yes
    What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)? gtx 3080, i9-10900K, 32gb ram, Windows 10
    Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before? I've logged 176hours in the game and had very few crashes until now.
    When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible. I've had a break since March 2021 and started playing a few days ago and that's when the crashes occured.
    Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software? No.
    Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen? Randomly every 5-10mins.

• Sharps97
    9 posts
    What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

AMD 5800X (stock settings)
    AMD 6800 XT (stock settings)
    32 GB DDR4 (3200 MHz)
    Windows 11

Game crashed every version since release. Crashes occur when walking around the open environment, no other causes are obvious. Happens randomly. Crashes occur more often when either Discord and/or Chrome are open even if minimized in the background. Closing them and disabling any overlays helped increase stability, but random crashes still happen. This is the only game in my library that behaves this way (including Cyberpunk 2077).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5617 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for my delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports within this thread.

To allow us to create support tickets, which will allow us to troubleshoot your technical issues further, please can you ensure that you provide us with all of the following information:

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

Once we have been able to collect this information from you, we will then open up a support ticket so our teams can provide you with more tailored support for the technical issue you are experiencing.

@CarnivalCandle - You're welcome! Please note that your support ticket may automatically "Close" after a couple of days without a response. If this happens, you can reopen the ticket at any time within three months by leaving a new comment on your ticket. I'd recommend sharing any of your additional findings from your own troubleshooting via a comment as well, so our team are aware of what you've been able to try yourself already.

@CXPtwo, @LightmanN7, @satrincha, @HaunXSolo, @azaraqps4 - Thank you for providing us with all of the requested information! I've now opened up support tickets for you all. You can find these by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your main homepage. I have also sent you all emails on how to upload your system files to your support tickets. Please check this email out when you're next able to.

@S7igma957 - If you would like us to open a support ticket for you so we can investigate the crashes you're experiencing further, please can you provide us with all of the requested information? Thank you 🙂

@moolumbo - Thank you for sharing your crash report with us, and for taking the time to share what troubleshooting steps you have tried. If you are still experiencing crashes following TU 1.4.1.2, would you be able to provide us with the rest of the information requested above? We can then create a support ticket for you and take a closer look at what could potentially be causing these crashes in-game.

@klanidaki, @II_PAJO_II, @MHwtf, @SalonikiosGamer, @Kubok112022 - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes in-game. Would you be able to provide us with all of the requested information posted in my message above? We can then open a support ticket for you to troubleshoot this issue further.

@KnightLion007 - Thanks for taking the time to share an update with us within this thread, and to let us know what troubleshooting steps helped to resolve your crashes! 😄

@se7ensynns - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes when reaching the main menu. Would you be able to provide us with all of the information requested above so we can open a support ticket for you? This will allow us to troubleshoot your crashes further using your system files for further investigation.

@Leotaurus1995 - I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing crashes when playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As there are so many potential causes behind crashes / freezes in-game, we'd like to collect some more information from you to help us work out what might be causing the specific technical issues you're encountering. If you can provide us with the information requested above, we'll gladly open up a support ticket for you so we can take a closer look at your system files.

@LongLiveRNG - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes again after a week with no crashes. Thank you for sharing more information about the changes you made to your graphics settings. Just to confirm, when you reverted your settings, did the crashes stop? Or have you still been experiencing these once you reverted your graphic settings?

Thank you for also sharing your experiences when using a Razer mouse 🙂

@Allysonflb - I'm sorry to hear that your support ticket has closed. Please note that support tickets are automatically closed if it has been a couple of days since the last response from Player Support. If you'd like to reopen your support ticket, you just need to leave a new comment on your ticket within three months. You can do this by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your main homepage. You can then open up your support ticket and add a new comment.

Thanks for sharing an update with us on how you were able to resolve the crashes you were experiencing! I'm glad to hear that the crashes have stopped for you 😄

@Vinovat-Turova - I'm glad to hear that @LongLiveRNG's troubleshooting suggestions have resolved the crashes you were experiencing in your own game! I've opened up a support ticket for you in case you are encountering any further technical trouble in-game. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us, and for providing an update 😄

@Sharps97 - Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. Just to confirm, have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps are a great starting point for troubleshooting technical issues, and I'd like to clarify if you've been able to try these steps already when opening a support ticket for you.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Staus4
    4 posts

Greetings All.

Like many other I have also been experiencing issue.
    At first this was resolved by playing offline. However, after 1.4.1.1 even that started to crash.
    Tried reinstalling game, GPU driver, moving install to same drive as Ubisoft launcher and nothing seemed to help.

What finally have been working for me for the past 6 days (played a couple of hours every night – only experienced one crash in Ravensthorpe).

1.  Uninstalled and installed the game
      1. Ran verification 3 times before your launcher were able to verify all files without downloading – what the heck.
    2. Monitored my CPU and GPU temperature (Celsius) – I use a EVGA RTX 3090 with stock settings.
      1. The temperature of the graphic card was fine between 80 and 83 never exceeding 83.
      2. The VRAM and hotspot however reached 92 and 94 degrees.
        1. When VRAM reached 93 degrees (and my PC about to jet off) it would start show signs of flickering in game and shortly after it will CTD without anything in event log.

After adjusting the fan curve in BIOS and using MSI after burner to adjust the GPU the following have been changed

• Power set down to 75% from 100%
      • This also lowers the temperature of the GPU, VRAM and Hotspot.
    • Custom fan curve applied to kick in a lot earlier than the default.
      • New temperatures for GPU, VRAM and hotspots are now 72, 81 and 82. The game is running on high settings and is running even smoother/fluently than before.

So, in my case (even though it was still using stock settings) lowering the voltage and upping the cooling did the trick for me – along with verifying game files 3 times (again, seriously?!)

If others are interesting MSI Afterburner is free, and easily to setup, saw a tutorial on YouTube that lasted 5 minutes and I was good to go.
    For monitoring temperatures, and fan speeds of GPU I used HWMONITOR from CPUID.

• CXPtwo
    6 posts

I found this and I tried after TUF Armoury Crate detected an app called searchapp.exe running in the background. So I searched info about it and it turns it's Cortana. I tried disabling and after an 3 hours of playtime, no crashes or freezes occurred. I'm going to continue observing and update here.

Here's what I did:

You have to paste them into in Administrator-level Command Prompt again and again until the timing is right and the "move" works.

cd %windir%\SystemApps
    taskkill /f /im SearchApp.exe
    move Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy.old

I have no idea how to activate searchapp.exe again. If you are going to try and want it back, I cannot help you. But I don't rely that much on the searchapp so i am fine with disabling it.

• Sharps97
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis

I have tried the basic troubleshooting guide already. Disabling background applications reduced the frequency of crashes, but did not eliminate them.

• Leotaurus1995
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm not opening another ticket . My last ticket I went back and forth on this same issue for 2-3 months . I'm not playing this game anymore . Yet it infuriates me knowing if I even wanted to play it the experience would be as garbage as can be with crashing happening like clockwork . My last ticket is unresolved . It got closed because there's literally no solution to this issue .

No offense but troubleshooting for hours and hours on end again is not gonna happen . This is the responsibility of the developer . Not mine . I paid for the game I don't get paid for troubleshooting it .

• LongLiveRNG
    21 posts

@ubi-borealis After reverting back to the way it was, I have no more crashes ever since.

• SjokkoMelken
    1 posts

My game keeps crashing! it starts loading, then it opens that "warning" screen at the start of the loading screen, and then it crashes.
    Yes my drivers are updated, YES i am running on windows 10, YES i have ubisoft launcher and the games installed at the same drive as Windows.. YES i have verified game files.. help!!! i am getting tired of watching youtube videos all day

• longjohn119
    1031 posts

@cxptwo You can go into PC Settings .... Apps and Features .... scroll down and find Cortana, click on it and chose Advanced Options and turn Cortana off and on from there

I've always had it turned off (In the Pro version of Win 10 you can also control it via the Group Policy Editor) but I still have crashing problems .... My GPU and CPU are watercooled and neither ever exceeds 60C in this game so I don't think dialing down the pwoer to lower the temps is going to stop crashing, perhaps at best minimize it a bit .... Pretty much everyone that thinks they found a solution comes back a few days later and says it is crashing again

Once again the problem is NOT your computer, it is the game itself and that can only be fixed by Ubisoft .... My best guess is there is a bug in the way the DX12 API handles graphics and system memory and transfers between the two

Beating your head against the wall trying to fix something that is out of your hands is frankly a waste of time which is why I just moved on to something else until they fix it which doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon because they are looking in the wrong place .... It's just not a hardware problem, there is no commonality with the crashes they happen on all systems, AMD, Intel, Nvidia and all motherboards, all memory types, all CPU types, all GPU types

• SebbJulien
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I don't know if anyone else can try this but I think I got the culprit for those crashes (At least on my system).

Every time before I start the game I go in task manager and shut down every process I know are not needed. There are more I don't remember the name but I don't think they are a problem now after what I just saw a couple of times.

-Steam
    -Origin
    -Outlook, Email and calendar

Every time I have a crash I go right away in the task manager to see if something as changed. And every crash, Email OR calendar has reopened even if I shut down the process.

If someone else can confirm if they see the same thing. I own almost every Ubisoft games, and I don't have a problem with Origin and Odyssey. But something is happening with Valhalla, as someone else said the only difference here is directX 12. But I really think there is a link with Microsoft Email and calendar opening while I play.

Thank you for your time have a nice day.

• Masked-Disciple
    4 posts

I am having the exact same issue.

• Metr0p1ex
    4 posts

Mine crashes very randomly. Standing still, fighting, opening the map, inventory, fast travel, talking to npcs... This has been occurring since I bought the game. The game still feels like its in beta testing. With the new update the flying into the stratosphere seems to be fixed. Although, the random direction teleport has not been fixed. My PC specs do meet the minimum requirements, no overheating, no overclocking.

Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2
    AMD FX 9590 4.7Ghz (plenty of horsepower and supports all required instruction sets)
    Nvidia Geforce 1070
    16Gb RAM
    File systems are clean, no read errors or bad sectors
    overheating does not occur as I can run Furmark and Prime95 together for days with no issue (I set these for maximum heat creation)
    Uplay, Epic, and ACV installed on the same drive
    All of my drivers are latest versions and system is fully patched

I did notice the crashes always list D3DDRED2 right before the display driver crashes. This has been tested on my system on all recent nvidia drivers released since I bought the game in July 2021. Drivers from 471.11 to 511.23 all show the same crash. This leads me to suspect, as others have stated, the API calls to DirectX12 are most likely the root cause of the issue. This is the only game that crashes to desktop on my system that uses DirectX12 (all other titles that use DX12 do not crash to the desktop). This is a game issue not a driver issue imho. I may try the TdrDelay and TdrDdiDelay modifications but that will change settings for my other games that are working 100% currently.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5617 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your crash reports within this thread, and for also taking the time to share how you've been able to resolve these technical issues in your own game. These troubleshooting steps could be helpful for other players who are also encountering crashes / freezes whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla.

@Staus4 - Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and how you were able to resolve the crashes you were encountering. If you require additional support, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll gladly assist further 🙂

@CXPtwo - Thanks for sharing an update with us! I'm glad that you've been able to resolve your crashes by disabling some of your background applications. 😄

@Sharps97 - Thanks for confirming that you've tried the steps from basic PC troubleshooting guide, and that disabling background applications has reduced the frequency of your crashes. This is useful information for further investigation. I've now opened up a support ticket for you so we can take a closer look at your system files. You can find this by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your main homepage. I have also sent you an email with steps on how to upload your system files to your support ticket. Please check this email out when you're next able to.

@Leotaurus1995 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the support you have received previously, and that you don't want to continue troubleshooting these technical troubles further. If you decide that you'd like to take another look at these crashes, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll gladly take another look at this with you. Additionally, your support ticket can be reopened any time within three months of it being considered "closed." If you'd like us to continue troubleshooting, then please feel welcome to add a new comment to your ticket and a member of the team will reach out as soon as they are able to.

@LongLiveRNG - Thanks for confirming that for me! I'm glad to hear that your crashes have been resolved 😄

@SjokkoMelken & @Masked-Disciple - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing crashes when launching the game. Would you be able to provide us with all of the following information? We can then create support tickets for you to allow us to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Have you been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide? These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind crashes / freezes, and provide us with a basis for further investigation.
    • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you been able to play the game without experiencing crashes / freezes before?
    • When did these crashes / freezes first occur? Please be as exact as possible.
    • Have you made any recent changes to your system, such as updating your Operating System or installing new software?
    • Are there any specific triggers for these crashes / freezes? For instance, do they happen when launching the game, or during a loading screen?

@SebbJulien - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for letting us know what troubleshooting steps helped to resolve the crashes you were encountering whilst playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla! 🙂

@Metr0p1ex - Thanks for taking the time to share such a detailed report with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing random crashes. Would you be able to confirm if you have been able to complete our basic PC troubleshooting guide yet? Can you also let us know when you purchased the game, as you mention that these crashes have been happening since then. We can then open up a support ticket for you so we can take a closer look at your system files.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Metr0p1ex
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis - I have performed all the actions except run as admin for the exe as Windows 10 Enterprise already does this. UAC is disabled unless turned on in this edition. Game files all check out fine, I have performed a file check in Epic and in Ubisoft Connect. I purchased the game on July 23, 2021 and if it makes a difference it is the Ultimate Edition. Let me know how to upload or provide crash data so the developers can take a look.

Thanks

• Leotaurus1995
    12 posts

@metr0p1ex There's no point in troubleshooting this anymore bro .

The D3DDRED2 error is because the game doesn't communicate with your GPU .

It's the damn blockheads at ubisoft that need to fix it . I'm not sure how this issue is apparently new to them because people have been spamming this same issue for over a year .

If you're really interested you can semi solve this issue by adding tdlr delay on your system . It prettymuch prevents your gpu from killing the driver when the game freezes . It can recover and not crash but it can also totally crash and lock up your system depending on how long the game times out

I'm not sure how you do this but you must set it to about 10 seconds . It involves messing arround with regedit . If you do something wrong there then you could brick windows altogether . If you attempt this follow the online guides very carefully

the other issue is if you fix the game this way and your GPU fails ubisoft is gonna deny any responsibility . Just goes to show how scummy the higer ups are

Ubisoft is trying to force you to belive its your fault but it isn't . They're just treating us pc players like we all filthy pirates .

Edit . Ok I see you did consider Tdlr delay lol . But yeah . The problem is still ubisoft here

• azaraqps4
    6 posts

Don't know if it's just luck but I have disabled in-game overlay in ubisoft connect settings and managed to play about an hour without a crash today.
    Edit: another 1,5h without a crash, I think it was ubisoft overlay all along.

• II_PAJO_II
    11 posts

@ubi-borealis My game crash all time after last update. This has crossed every line. I can't play normally. Ubisoft, please fix the game or return the money.

• II_PAJO_II
    11 posts

@azaraqps4 It has become more stupid to try to fix something that is not working properly. It’s all up to them and they have to fix it.
    The first hour the game works properly and then throws out every few minutes.

• Luigi_Kawaliere
    11 posts

I am little tired...
    From the last update I cannot play with ACV. I followed all steps, also uninstal and reistal game and uplay. I do fresh driver installer and still ACV crash without loading nothing, only splash screen. I tried to send all files to the support page, but is not possible, just is not present submit button. I contacted support team by bfacebook. I hope someone resolve all this issues..

Suggested Topics