ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Filbo_tv
    Original poster 3 posts

Yes, I know, this is a duplicate. However, it looks like this bug has been brushed off as an issue that only happened to the previous poster (https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/125474/scratching-sound-when-use-numpad-to-move-to-old-world?lang=en-US). Also, i have additional info:
    General Description:

• When swapping from a non-old-world session into a old-world session yousing the numpad, a loud "scratch" is heard.
    • the camera must focus on an island in the old world.
    • This only applies to Keypad actions. Jumping to a session after pressing space for the world map does not trigger this.

What i learned additionally to reproduce this:

• The specific sound that causes this glitch is the nature sound effect at night (tethered to sound FX)
    • The glitch therefore only happens at nighttime
    • It only occurs where there is nature on screen
    • Zooming in makes the sound louder (just like the nature fx)

Update: The sound also appears when i have nature playing in the new world and switch away from it into the ocean on the old world.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RobYaHou
    7 posts

I encountered a very unpleasant bug. When moving to the Old World, a sharp sound is played, like a scratching. The sound is played only if the camera was above the island in the New World (no possibility to check with locations) before moving to the Old World. Sometimes the sound is slightly shorter, sometimes longer, sometimes it plays twice.
    I have latest version of the game and all Season Pass's DLC.
    Are there any solutions?

UPD: Here is my video with this problem.

I also noticed that the sound may not be played for a couple of hours, or it may be right from the start of the session

UPD 2: The sound is always in the right audio channel and disappears completely when you turn off the "SFX Volume"

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2303 posts

Hello @robyahou thank you for highlighting this sound issue, that is indeed a most unpleasant nails on chalkboard sound effect. I'm sorry to see it is affecting your game.

To make sure that this sound effect is not related to a missing or corrupted game file, after the game update, would you please use the verify game files tool, in your respective game launcher. This will at least rule this out as a potential cause of this sound.

Here are some instructions on how to perform this check >
    Ubisoft Connect > https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000060529
    Steam > https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
    Epic > https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/technical-support-c90/general-support-c91/how-do-i-verify-game-files-in-the-epic-games-launcher-a3638

Please note, verifying game files can take several minutes to complete because of the game's size. After trying this step, please launch and test the game and let me know what happens?

Official Response
  • RobYaHou
    7 posts

Hello. The game has been updated to the latest version in Ubisoft Connect, the game files have been double checked and the game has been reinstalled

• RobYaHou
    7 posts

@robyahou

UPD 3: DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 tests both crash at the moment of flight over the vineyard (this is very strange)

I tested the game on a completely different PC - the same sound bug. Perhaps, the save file may be causing this error.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2303 posts

Hello again @robyahou, sorry for the delay getting back to you over the holidays.

Thanks for letting us know you have also experienced a crash, as well as the same sound bug on separate PC's.

I can see you have opened a case with us about this, and have been instructed to follow some general troubleshooting on your PC, as well as send us your dxdiag and msinfo files.

If after troubleshooting you are still experiencing this sound issue, please let me know. I can open a new case for you as a follow-up, where we can look at your system files to determine if where this sound issue may be coming from, system, settings, or a bug in the game itself, thank you!

Official Response
  • RobYaHou
    7 posts

@ubi-milky , Hello. Problem still exists. I have prepared the files that you requested, but I cannot attach them here.

• RobYaHou
    7 posts

UPD 4: Regarding the connection of this problem with my saves, there are a couple of thoughts: firstly, the problem does not disappear when rolling back to earlier saves, and secondly, I remembered that when the newspaper window appeared about access to the Bright Harvest DLC, the newspaper itself and the image on it was with highly distorted colors. Perhaps it is somehow related

And yet, for the sake of interest, I was looking through the .log files in the log folder and noticed that there are an incredibly many errors there, compared to what I had before on previous versions of the game.

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 208 posts

Hey there @filbo_tv and @RobYaHou. Thank you both for bringing this to our attention and for providing me with all of this information. We are going to be taking a closer look into this and we would like to take a look at your save files. Please use this guide to make sure your save is uploaded to the cloud. I will be passing this information along to the investigating team. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or additional information in the meantime! Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Filbo_tv
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-peach I have my cloud-saves enabled and additionally set a save to upload so you have a frozen version. Can you access the save file like this (You have my consent for that)?
    Or do you want me to send you an upload of that file?
    Thanks for your work btw 🙂

• RobYaHou
    7 posts

Hello. I don't have the opportunity to enter to the game right now to test this bug further.

However, I have a couple of thoughts about the similarity of our problems. At the expense of the night, this is a very interesting observation, but I have this problem at any time. Also about the position of the camera - this sound appeared to me sometimes when going through the menu caused by the "space". And also, strangely, at high magnification, the sound does not appear in all camera positions above the island, but more often above industrial or residential buildings (it's funny that on less populated islands this sound was less common for me).

But it should be borne in mind that my sound, it seems to me, is completely chaotic, and could not appear until an hour of gameplay, but could start immediately upon entering the session, regardless of what actions were or will be taken during or before the game on save.

• RobYaHou
    7 posts

And how is it possible to attach save files and system diagnostics that you requested to this dialog?

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 878 posts

@robyahou Hey there! You wouldn't be able to attach your diagnostic and system files here, however, If you'd like, you can open a ticket at our Support Website, with copies of your MSINFO and DXDiag attached. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Official Response

Suggested Topics