ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• P0ker-Face
    Original poster 20 posts

PC Connect is buggy. Friends showing up as "away" when I know they are active. Pretty sure they didn't set it to Away.
    My brother shows up as connected/online when I know for a fact, (one PC) he wasn't online for at least 12 hours. Had him log on and off and I logged on and he still online active.

Clarification: He was reading a post on discussions, he wasn't logged in on the PC Connect, he was reading web pages... So I do think this is a bug.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1524 posts

Hey @urpwn3d, sorry to hear this. To ensure that you do not see the same behavior on the Ubisoft Connect client, I recommend reinstalling Ubisoft Connect to ensure you have the latest version updated on your PC. I would also check to ensure that your Ubisoft client is set to run Administrator Rights. However, if you have already tried this and you and your brother still see the same results, make sure to reach out to us here with your launcher logs and MSINFO & DxDIAG. This way, we can take a closer look at what might be going on. Thank you!

Official Response
  • P0ker-Face
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubi-smash Sorry, using granting administrator rights is not EVER acceptable for over-the-shelf games, unless its a one-time upgrade that might be making some registry changes. You should not ever be asking users to do that as a general rule.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @urpwn3d

We understand that there is risk to allowing all programs to run as administrator and why Windows defaults it to be turned off. However, if you experience issues with applications you know to be trustworthy, you can manually grant them administrator rights temporarily to try and fix the problem by right-clicking the desktop icon of the application, or the executable file in the installation folder and select Run as Administrator.

If you don't want to try this, then we can only suggest to do the other things mentioned by Ubi-Smash to try to see what may be the cause.

Official Response

Suggested Topics