ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• HugoCatarino
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello everyone, hope you are having a great 2022!

I wanted to report a very strange error that has been happening for some time. I've been taking as many prints as I can to better demonstrate this error, which unfortunately spoils the game experience a bit. I play on PS4.

What I noticed happens in the liveries I create for my cars (probably happens for other vehicles now that i think about it - i will check). Basically, after a while, the liveries I create disappear (although they will reappear later). Other times, the liveries I share with the community appear again; appear, however, available for purchase in the “my livery” menu. I have to buy them, as if I hadn't created those liveries. And I didn't erase them.
    Since I have The Crew 2 I've always created some liveries. I have liveries that are dated from 2019. However, I notice that they often disappear temporarily, and are not available for me to use for a while. I have dozens of liveries created, and you can see some in the screenshot below. Note that the number in the filters is 32, and sometimes it disappears for lower numbers. This means that I initially have 32 liveries, and later I have less. (Warning, I never have active filters, so the problem is not due to some filter that can hide liveries. I'm careful about that).

However, after some time (when I normally play in the various categories, or create other liveries) they disappear as you can see below (I guarantee I haven't deleted any liveries!) Note that the number in “filters” is only 1. The above and bellow screenshots were taken with minutes apart.

One way I've found that brings certain liveries back to my menu is by clearing the filters. This even though I don't have any active filters. But if I clear it, I can see some of the liveries I shared again. Not all, but somehow this method retrieves some liveries. However, it is very strange, as I have to pay to use them. It's as if someone else created this livery, although as you can see in the screenshot below, the creator was me, hugocatarino93. And it's also strange to have the option to buy liveries in the user-created liveries application menu. See the screenshots below, where I have to pay for a livery created by me, in the “my livery” menu. The one immediatly bellow i shared with the community, the 2nd one i had not at the time.

If you look carefully at these prints that demonstrate the liveries that I have, and my icon level which kinda shows the timeline they were created, you can see the problem. They are created, disappear, and then pop up again out of nowhere.
    See the example of this livery with a red door and the number 5 inscribed on the door. It was available when I created it on a Touring Car at icon level 1730, it was no longer available when I was at icon 1818 (in Drag race), and it was available again for Street race at icon 1925 (the categories are actually irrelevant since we are talking about ground cars – all liveries are transversal, fit for all cars).

And as you can see by the print bellow, when im at level 1980, there is no livery to select, because it seems that not one livery is available, even though i had them created and they appear in pictures above.

Can you please report the case? It's game breaker to spend a lot of time creating liveries, only to see them disappear and not know when they'll come back. It would be a big change to be able to always have the liveries available.

Thank you very much for you support, i would love to see this fixed! 😊

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 835 posts

Hi @hugocatarino, sorry to hear your liveries are going missing! I'd like to gather some more information on this issue so we can get this reported to the team.

Could you test if your liveries still disappear if they're assigned to a vehicle before you close the game? Have you noticed any other patterns with the liveries disappearing and reappearing, such as with an update or something like that?

I also recommend giving our basic PS4 troubleshooting steps a go to help determine the cause of the issue.

Official Response
  • HugoCatarino
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-mushy Hello! Thanks so much for the feedback! Yes it's happening with liveries that are currently in use too, before closing the game. They re-appear after some time. This is happening for some time now, regardless updates. I also went trough the troubleshooting steps, without results.

Thanks!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thanks for confirming this @hugocatarino , we appreciate it!

I've passed all of this information to the game team for them to take a closer look into.

When we hear anything back from them, or if they need any more information, we'll let you know here so please keep an eye out!

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics