ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1189 posts

Since TU 1.3.0, I had begun to notice that when fast traveling to a high point that I have frequented in the past, Eivor is facing the wrong direction from the correct jump-off position, and in a few cases, even positioned off the synchronization spot itself. Why is this a problem? Well, when fast traveling to a high point, I often jump off down to a pile of leaves/hay or into water. Here is an example of how things are supposed to work, as it does at Fannaraki Summit...

Now, here is a deadly example of what happens when one jumps from a high point without looking where Eivor is not in the correct position, like this unfortunate jump from Lough Glendallon...

Alternatively, if a player were to look before leaping, Eivor being misplaced from the correct jumping position might require some careful maneuvering, like this jump at Harholl...

So, after an extensive review of every single high point in the game, as of TU 1.4.1.2, I have compiled a list of locations where Eivor is not correctly positioned...

• Harholl at Stavanger in Rygjafylke, Norway
    • Mountain Peak on Western Island in Rygjafylke, Norway
    • Bardon Lookout in Ledecestrescire, England
    • Britannia’s Watch in East Anglia, England
    • Evinghou Tower in Oxenfordscire, England
    • Lundenwic Abbey in Lunden, England
    • Saint Hadrian’s Priory in Cent, England
    • Manstone Rock in Sciropescire, England
    • Hill Gate Remnants in Sciropescire, England
    • (No Name) Jump Point of Ruins at Northernmost High Point in Sciropescire, England
    • Cruwland in Lincolnscire, England
    • Lincoln in Lincolnscire, England
    • Mercian Tower in Lincolnscire, England
    • Agnitum Tower in Essexe, England
    • Maeldun in Essexe, England
    • Ecgbert’s View atop The Minster in Jorvik, England
    • (No Name) Jump Point of Ruins Just East of Thieves’ Warren in Glowecestrescire, England
    • The Sleeping Jotun in Snotinghamscire, England
    • (No Name) Westernmost Jump Point on Tree Branch in Hamtunscire, England
    • Saint Peter’s Church in Wincestre, England
    • The Nun’s Minster in Wincestre, England
    • Kilchrist in Dublin, Ireland
    • Lough Glendallon in Connacht, Ireland
    • Diodorum Ruins in Melunois, France

Additionally, there are three locations where Eivor is not placed directly on the synchronization spot itself...

• The Sleeping Jotun in Snotinghamscire, England
    • Kiltober in Connacht, Ireland
    • Errigal Summit in Ulster, Ireland

And lastly, there are three locations in Norway where there are no piles or pools of water to jump down into...

• Mountain Peak Outside of Fornburg
    • Mountain Peak on Island in Hordafylke
    • Ulriken Peak in Hordafylke

I should note, however, that these three locations have been like this since the launch of the game and that the absence of a safe jumping destination seems to be part of the design of the game. That said, the exact synchronization spot of the Island Peak in Hordafylke is not actually a jump point... I think it’s even the only high point in the game without a jumping position.

Should it be necessary, I have photos for all of the above locations, but since fast traveling to these locations produces the same result every time, it should be easy to replicate. I am playing the game on my XBox Series X, but it is likely an issue on other platforms. Please get this fixed.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

Hey @thenorfolkian

Thanks for the very detailed list and for providing some video examples. I've forwarded this on to the game team to review and look into this.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1189 posts

@ubi-froggard Great! Please let me know if any other information is needed. I look forward to hearing back about this issue.

Suggested Topics