ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DanSnow
    Original poster 4 posts

Dear Developers!
    I’m a big fan of ghost recon games, especially I like Breakpoint.
    I’ve noticed that the Island of Auroa has a lot of the Second World War objects and many missions connected with this War but there are no any weapons of that time, like Thompson submachine gun, M1 Garand, Browning Machine Gun, or weapons of Germany like mp40, Stg44, carbine 98, mg42, Luger or weapons of allies like Stan, PPSh 41, PPS 42, Degtyaryov machine gun, Tula Tokarev pistol TT 30 and others.
    It will be great if you make some new story line like motherland, about grandfather of Nomad. In The Second World War grandfather was a soldier of USA army, the leader of ghosts in 1943 and had already been on that island and with his teammates, ghosts, took part in operation on Auroa. He came on that islands to find and execute the enemy scientist who were going to make a weapon which could bring the enemies to the victory in the Second World War.
    It’s just my thoughts about it.
    Thank you in advance.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kroizman69
    4 posts

dude! these are cold war objects, not ww2 ones (don` t you know the difference?). and by the way auroa is an island in pacific ocean. neither german nor soviet weapon could not be there. even if ww2 combats have happened on its area. you need at least minimal awareness about main historical and geographical facts.

• Rootimus
    59 posts

Ghosts in 1943? I thought we were a fictional sub-component of SFOD-D, which was only founded in the late 70s.

Personally, I favour fewer guns and for them to be accurately modeled, rather than "OMG gunz! millions of gunz!" when most of them are horrible to fire, presumably aren't modeled correctly (sniper rifles zeroed at 200m, anyone?) and, not that it'll ever be fixed, the SA-80 in Wildlands is still jammed.

• KUZMITCHS
    22 posts

@rootimus

Acktually.

The Ghosts/Delta Company (D Co, 1st Bn, 5th SFG (A) - Ghost Recon) were a fictional element of the Army Special Forces/SFOD-A (aka Green Berets) and specifically the 1st Battalion, 5th Special Forces Group, not Delta Force (1st SFOD-D).

https://ghostrecon.fandom.com/wiki/Ghost_Recon
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army_Special_Forces
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_Special_Forces_Group_(United_States)

And while the Special Forces were founded in 1951 (as successors to the WWII US/Canadian 1st Special Service Force & Operational Groups of the US OSS), the Ghosts themselves were only founded in 1994 according to the lore.

• pchandler13m
    2 posts

@kroizman69 ...the Soviets DID fight in the Pacific theater... in fact there is STILL technically a state of war between them and Japan.

• Rootimus
    59 posts

@kuzmitchs - thankee for the correction!

• kroizman69
    4 posts

@pchandler13m
    what are you talking about? there was a campagne against guandong army of japan empire in the august of 1945. also they took kuril islands and sakhalin (both of them are next to ussr borders and very far from hypotetical place of auroa). none of other operation in the pacific theater.

• Justifier-98
    99 posts

@DanSnow and @kroizman69, regardless of whether or not the weapons are from the Cold War and or World War II, it would be nice to have some of them in the game. According to Wikipedia, some of those guns, such as M1 Garand and Browning machine gun, were used during World War II. Some guns I would like to see added into the game from World War II are the Welrod pistol, Sterling submachine gun, Ross Rifle, De Lisle carbine, Pattern 1914 Enfield, Mosin–Nagant rifle, PPS-43, Browning M1918, vz. 24 rifle, Dutch Mannlicher M1895, United Defense M42, Springfield M1903, Browning M1918, Bechowiec 1, Błyskawica submachine gun, SVT-40, Erma EMP-35, Hanyang Type 88, SIG KE7, TERA Type 1, TERA Type 2, TERA Type 100. Also, just clarifying question, is Auroa near the Philippines? When I chose some of the weapons, I intentionally included some weapons used in the Philippines because some of them, such as the Springfield rifle, might have been used after the war as hunting rifles by the local Homesteader population.
    In terms of your suggested plot, I don't think it would fit well into this game's story as it would take place too far into the past which was not really discussed any where in the game.

• KUZMITCHS
    22 posts

@justifier-98

Auroa is in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean, near the South Pole. According to the game the closest place to it is Auckland, New Zealand about 2000 miles away.

49°24'03.0"S 159°02'28.0"W
    https://goo.gl/maps/9ssytBxYDy7deUXH7: (https://goo.gl/maps/9ssytBxYDy7deUXH7)

• kroizman69
    4 posts

@justifier-98 just try to imagine a credible explanation of the way which e.g. rare polish blyskawica (total 700 items), special british welrod (total about 2800 items), soviet ppsh or other old [censored] could be appeared on the tropical island in the middle of pacific ocean?

• Justifier-98
    99 posts

@kroizman69 I won't disagree with your point on how certain rare weapons could have gotten to the islands, which I doubt they would have gotten on to the island. The reason I mentioned those rare weapons is just because I thought it would be nice if they were added into the game as the Welrod in particular is a personally favorite of mine because how it is integrally suppressed. I think Ghost Recon Breakpoint provided an explanation for how weapons commonly used in the Philippines and Japan, such as M1 Garand, Springfield M1903, Browning M1918, and TERA Type 2 Riffle, used during World War II got to Auroa. One of the side missions in the game talks about how two immigrant soldiers who if I'm recalling correctly were either from the U.S. or Japan got stranded on the island and decided to live on the the island either during the war instead of leaving rejoining the war effort, which provides with a easy explanation as to how some of the more common weapons may have gotten there. If I'm recalling correctly the Springfield rifle, M1 Garand, and Lee–Enfield Rifle were used after the war as hunting rifles. @KUZMITCHS Thanks for clarifying where Auroa is in the Pacific.

Suggested Topics