ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kwisatzz88
    Original poster 5 posts

Before you waste your energies and time searching the answer on google, I'll give you the answer: clearly no!
    Silly me who thought that the main problem of this FC was that it is impossible right now to disable the enemies' highlight/silhouette visible through the walls (due to a bug still not patched).
    Actually in the early hourse of the game I thought "damn, these time the enemies do deliver serious hard slaps!".... but still, silly me! 
    One may think this way perhaps the first times you meet the Special Forces soldiers... but now, after I think 8-10 hours of game, it is clear that this FC has a serious AI problem.
    Enemies that don't see you, even if you're in front of them with a gun against their faces... enemies that don't attack you even if you're firing with your wep very close to them, and so on. 
    Just google "far cry 6 AI" and you'll find some vids, I won't list all the cases here.
    The enemy AI is dumb and super slow at reacting properly to the player's actions.This is a serious problem for an fps like FC. There are so many weapons and so many perks and bonuses that the player can become seriously powerful in no time. To this, add the fact that the enemy won't be a menace. The game has a serious risk of becoming boring. 
    I think Ubi understood that the enemies' AI was poor, and thus they gave the enemy a decent fire power, trying to create some sort of balance. But this cannot work. I like the fact that an enemy "could" kill you with few shots, that's realistic. But that's hardly happening because the enemy is sooooooooooo slow and dumb. They take too much time to spot the player and sometimes they don't even spot you, even if you're firing with all your weapons.
    Now the real question: is the AI patchable/adustable ? Is Ubi already investigating this? Or this is the AI for FC6 and we have to accept it and it won't change?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sapog222
    5 posts

I don't know how long this game is but I'm at Rank 14 and have only used one gun for the entire game, a gun I got at Rank 2. It's a basic AK with a suppressor and armor-piercing bullets. Taking out checkpoints is a joke -- walk in, shoot everyone in the head, destroy the sign. Same for military bases, sneak in, shoot everyone in the head, shoot the alarms and cameras, done.

• tcarlisle2012
    206 posts

Far Cry games aren't for everyone, but before I address the AI point.... once again, I have opened the game and went through the entire options and I am unable to find an option that turns on/off the red tagging of enemies. What can be found, under accessibility is "Enemy Outlines", but this is not enemy red tagging. What it specifically says this for is this:

"When enabled, outlines enemies with a yellow color to increase visibility."

The default setting is "off", and this is a setting that makes every NPC appear with a yellow outline. There is no setting to be found, at least not on PC, that turns on/off enemy red tagging.

The reason, I expect, is because red tagging is a core component of Far Cry play and the games entire balance and tuning is done with that feature in mind.

B...b...b...but it was working fine until an update!

What I think happened, is that the timing of the update happened to coincide with how far in the game most people were, and coincidentally people obtained weapon upgrades and/or amigo animals that greatly increase the detection and tagging of enemies.

Regarding AI, FC is not a game that is intended for only non-stealth, run and gun play. The majority of FC fanatics play stealth more than non-stealth. Yes, there are missions in the game that require non-stealth. I get it. Never really looked closely, but I bet those missions are balanced differently and AI is quicker to detect and react.

Every stealth game has enemies that are basically blind. I've played many games over many years, and I have to say the Far Cry team have done a very good job accommodating both play styles. But you will see forum traffic blasting this game for having "horrible stealth" because enemy detection is too high. So to "fix" that, guess what it requires? Yeah, tilting the game further towards the stealth playstyle.

Then there are posts like this, which is basically pushing for the opposite -- tilt the game more towards the run n gun style.

Like I said, Far Cry games aren't for everyone. Its not an FPS shooter. Its a stealth/action game that happens to be in first-person design (most of the time, lol).

People expecting this game to be like, say Doom, are going to be very disappointed.

Interestingly, this post makes me recall Assassin's Creed Syndicate and why I ended up quitting that game. Its because I eventually figured out that all you had to do was sprint and assassinate each enemy. Because its a stealth game, the detection time was so low that you could literally sprint up close from the front, and still get the "assassinate" prompt.

Hence why games that followed introduced mechanics where detection was much quicker when you are in view directly in front, and why some people don't like the stealth in this game.

Regarding google searches and youtube videos.... yeah, no thanks. I don't doubt you can find youtube videos that show the poor AI you are complaining about. Not saying they are faked, but how rare are those instances that get picked up by streamers? When I play this game, I don't see ridiculous AI that stands and does nothing when you are there.

Probably a glitch caught on stream. Yeah, I am sure the game has glitches -- still.

The point is, I judge a game by how it plays, not by how it appears by streamers. You know those streamers tend to be biased right, and they also like to distort truth in order to gain clicks and followers. Everyone likes to hate on the big bad game studio, right?

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@tcarlisle2012 You were 100% right that "auto-tagging" wasn't always forced on by default. I'm on the PC, and with a minor text edit, it will PARTIALLY fix the problem. The enemies are still tagged if you use binocs, however the always on feature is shut off.

On the PC, go to:

C:\Users[YOUR PC USER NAME]\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 6

With note pad or a text editor, open : gamerprofile.xml

Search for "TaggingEnabled" which will be set to 1. Change it to:

TaggingEnabled="0"

That will do the trick, except for binocs (and possibly scopes, but I don't use them...)

I made this changes months ago when UBI's force change occurred and even have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and it has stayed in place.

Maybe UBI posts real feedback on game bugs somewhere, but it comes across as silence. They have people on the forum who will pass along issues but then teh great wall of silence is all that is heard after. Shame.

As for the AI in 6, it's the weakest part of teh game in terms of engagement. FC 3,4,5 and ND offerred exciting combat. 6 occassionally has good combat but usually its a boredom fest. And I am a FC fan. Just sayin'.

• Butcherbird59
    133 posts

@tcarlisle2012 AI in update 5 got more ferocious ( n moa enemies too)... but shooting the enemy in the face (seeing the bullet hole) does not kill them? only the second bullet kills?

could be better for sure... and the FPS drop problem is fixed too 🙂

Suggested Topics