ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Keltimus
    Original poster 24 posts

I find it interesting that this morning there was an official Ghost Recon tweet regarding a new NFT drop. A Sentinel issue Tactical USP was featured in the photo. Nothing special about it of course. Just the word "Sentinel" was above the trigger and the gun was painted in the black and grey pattern from the Wolves Camo Bundle. I can only guess 2 things behind the decision to delete the tweet. Either the announcement was premature or due to the overwhelming negative responses to the tweet, Ubisoft decided to have it deleted. I can only hope they're realizing the NFT idea isn't working out for them, but there hasn't been any indication that they are rethinking this ...so far.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Steven527
    376 posts

@keltimus they'd have to be thinking before they can re-think.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@keltimus The tweet that you are referring to is up on their twitter, but of a sig p320. Makes perfect sense with their operating methods so far. Why should Ubi listen to the fanbase in order to try and be successful when they already have a plan that has been wholeheartedly rejected by their customers?

• Keltimus
    Original poster 24 posts

@church367a Yeah I saw they reposted the tweet just after I posted about it here. And I was mistaken on 2 things. It was the P320 in the earlier (deleted) tweet and the camo was the Sentinel urban camo, not the wolves'.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

@keltimus

Saw the banner today while I was doing a session, tried to go to the quartz page for the giggles and it first told me I couldn't get in because they were having server issues (gotta love that!) and then later on it told me I was not available to receive it because I didn't have a 2-step verification or something like that.

What a bunch of crap. I initially didn't care for it and now even less.

• Mars388502
    193 posts

Since NFTs were introduced, I wondered how this could contribute to bettering the franchise in anyway. Secondly, it appeared very clearly that we (player/customers) wouldn't have any hand on the diffusion, distribution or customization of such objects. The question therefore remains: what good can come from the introduction of NFTs?

• AI.BLUEFOX
    179 posts

@mars388502 none unless they are used to facilitate user generated content swapping in the community i.e. game assets that community members make and can then share.

If it remains as it has so far, a version of mtx with an aftermarket life, then it does little for the players.

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts

Can they even sell NFT's of items with brand names?

If they want to sell an NFT item from AC: Odyssey of Kassandra's underpants i can see that. Or an NFT hat from Far Cry 6 with the wheelchair Chihuahua's pic on it. But what about selling an NFT item from Breakpoint of a Sig p320? or an H&K USP? or a Crye G3 outfit? can they even do that with NFT's? or are we just gonna get s**tty NFT items like the edgy looking wolves outfits?

• Mars388502
    193 posts

@ai-bluefox that was my opinion. Since Ubi seems to want to keep the monopoly over released assets, it won't benefit the community

• Keltimus
    Original poster 24 posts

@clemsondriver

To me, all of this NFT bs is a waste of both player and developer time. More so, a waste of the player's money when transactions get involved. This is by far the best video explaining the lunacy of it all.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

This is nothing more than a Pyramid scheme for Ubi to keep on bamboozling people but masking it as a Better Gaming Experience for the Player much like the Always Online gimmick.

But wait! there is more, the NFTs are better enjoyed when you look at them on a brand new 12K TV ... coming Soon!

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

Yeah, I saw that, too… only reason I’d want that HG would be to blow my brains off, for having bought into this crap. #ISpitOnNFTs

Suggested Topics