ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• What is absolute bare minimum required to create another character for sole purpose of extra inventory?

0 Likes/15 Replies/300 Views
    Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 455 posts

I have zero interest in leveling another character up, so just want to purchase the shared inventory perk so I have more space. What's the minimum for this?

I know I am late to the game on this topic, but I now have so many spare exotics that it's now bogging my overall inventory way down.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WrecK3rr
    183 posts

@sock_monkey Just create a Character and use "Character Boost" option.
    That's the minimum you have to do to access more Inventory space. Takes less than 5 mins.

• V4MPiR1
    210 posts

@sock_monkey Well, the absolute minimum required is to neither level nor get the perk... IIRC that gets you 100 slots on a new character's backpack, using the stash as the intermediary between characters. Leveling then gets you the additional 50 backpack slots for a total of 150.

WRT exotics, I would advise having a maximum of x+1 per exotic, where x is the total number of non-hardcore characters on your account that you intend on playing with. The remaining should be deconstructed for exotic components. If you're at the component capacity (20), then you need to focus on liquidating the components, always rolling on the worst of the x+1. Don't bother striving for fully maxed rerolls. They are statistically insignificant, if even possible. I stopped testing at 200, after having all other exotics maxed. Focus on priority exotics, and when within optimization range, deconstruct the +1 (extra) and repeat the process on your next item. Once all of your exotics are fully maxed, deconstruct all surplus exotics, even if at capacity (20).

The game is currently in stasis; it makes no sense holding onto components for which there may be no future use. Components are easy to obtain, and your balance of 20 should be more than adequate to deal with any potential future developments, which TBH, at this stage, are highly improbable. Coming to terms with that fact allows one to slim their inventories even further.

• Sock_Monkey

@v4mpir1 There's still a handful of exotics I don't have (Eagle Bearer, Big Horn and Regulus), and I hold onto dropped exotics as spare components if I ever do land one of them.

• Sock_Monkey
    Just create a Character and use "Character Boost" option.

Maybe a dumb Q, but what and where is this boost option?

My new character only has 30 slots in the backpack.

• V4MPiR1
    210 posts

@sock_monkey Not exactly sure on that; I had four leveled characters prior to its introduction in WoNY. I do know that the boost option is made available to anyone who purchased the WoNY expansion. Beyond that, I would presume it has to be selected/activated during the character creation process, and not something that can be applied retroactively.

The Eagle Bearer has the lowest probability drop rate of any exotic in the game. Despite this, all Dark Hours veterans have one, so if you're running with a good crew, your chances are significantly higher. I strongly advise queuing early in the week following the weekly reset (Tuesdays) for the highest acquisition probability. Get a good all-red DPS build together and be receptive to following commands, and it will run smoothly. Good teams are now clearing Dark Hours in twelve minutes. Discord is an excellent matchmaking option for PUGing.

The Bighorn is a wall decoration. Even when they buffed it, it wasn't enough to keep it from being shelved; it shines neither as an AR nor as a BR. I guarantee that twenty minutes after the novelty of the acquisition wears off, you'll come to the same conclusion as everyone else has. Regardless, your best chances at the drop comes from spamming the Legendaries, not The Summit. The overwhelming majority of players have it now, so it's very common to have someone in the group offering one up.

The Regulus has you jumping through the most hoops. Once you initially complete Iron Horse, you'll be given two projects; one for Foundry Bulwark, and one for Future Initiative. Both require submitting one of each of the six gear types for their respective sets/brands. Note that the vests and backpacks for both sets/brands, a total of four items, can ONLY be acquired through the five boss (4) and crate (1) drops in Iron Horse. As in Dark Hours, I strongly advise queuing early in the week following the weekly reset (Tuesdays) for the highest acquisition probabilities. The other items can easily be acquired outside the raid through targeted loot. Be prepared to complete the acquisitions over a NUMBER of Iron Horse completions. Once those two projects have been completed, you'll receive the Regulus assembly project. Following the NEXT WEEKLY RESET, your next Iron Horse run will require you picking up one Regulus exotic component from each of the five boss (4) and crate (1) drops. Then you merely need to craft a Police 686 Magnum back at Inaya, and submit the materials to craft the Regulus.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@sock_monkey
    Talk to Kelso at the helicopter that's infront of the White House.
    Or
    While creating a new character you get the:
    New campaign or Boost to NY option.

• Sock_Monkey

Thanks all!

Somehow when I created a new agent I missed the part where it says "Boost your agent right to level 30."

So I cleared that inventory out, deleted that agent, made a new one and went straight to NYC. Had to play about 10 min of the game before being established in Haven, but I was rewarded with a new character with 150 slots in his backpack.

Was able to fill it alll the way up with exotics right off, but this cleared a LOT of spaces in my stash and mailbox (from DZ exotic drops).

I may do this one more time, but right now I am enjoying the extra 150 slots. 🙂

• N3mB0t
    800 posts

@sock_monkey

i keep all 4 slots ocupied , 1st agent is the main agent , the one where i have all my builds and the one i play with , the second just stores spare exotics , 150 of them, the third is the guy that holds my unused gear set pieces and named gear items ,i also use it now to store and make my 3 fully naturaly god rolled Y/R/B rainbow builds, the fourth is the hardcore one , still alive 😛

its very handy to have all this space , enjoy it.

• DutchLMB4ever
    303 posts

@sock_monkey BTW
    I know you said you don't want to, but maybe this makes it a little more desirable.
    If you are bored one day, you could level up a character to lvl40 to get Keeners Watch again.
    And get SHD points to spend on steel,electronics,filament,field recon and everything else.

Idk what Watch lvl you have but let's say 2000.
    Your new character that just got Keeners Watch, will have the same level as your main, so you get:
    200 Weapon points
    200 Armor points
    200 Skill points
    200 Handling points.
    (That's not important now)
    You also get 200 SHD points for the first lvl1000.
    + 1 SHD point for every lvl above 1K.
    In this case 1000 SHD points.

It's not a must but VERY handy for if you want to craft Tactical Assessments.
    300 filament is only 60 Tactical Assessments
    As every craft cost 50 filament.
    That's only 6 craft's and then you're empty already.

• HonestlyOK1986
    143 posts

I see you got it sorted in the long run but yeah its useful to be able to do this. Ive stashed all my exotics on a level 30 char im leaving at that level as occassionally i do level 30 pvp which has a different dynamic to level 40 pvp so adds a bit of variety. Ive a 2nd level 40 guy for the same hording purposes. I could actually do with another level 40 so may make another. My 2nd level 40 i just played the game again tbh, 40 odd hours from staft to finish, wiped all the control points up to 30 for lols and did all the side stuff etc just for the hell of it. Was something to do. However new r6 thursday so wont be doing that with another one

• Sock_Monkey

@dutchlmb4ever I appreciate the explanation, and it does sound like a decent reward for the effort, but "bored" is not a word in my lexicon, and not a state I've known since I was a kid living with my parents (45+ years ago). 🙂

I will keep it in mind, but honestly, at just over SHD 2,500 I think I am nearing my final days with Div 2 - especially since it sounds like the hinted at DLC is delayed...maybe indefinitely?

If it ever comes to be I may dust the game off and dive back in, but I just fully optimized my last load out yesterday (a killer Bulwark/Sniper hybrid with +300% headshot damage), and being a goal-driven guy it's hard to fire the game up without another objective. 🙂

Thanks for all the tips just the same!

• BT3241
    120 posts

You want to bring the character to NY so you get the watch - you don't have to do Washington. Once the Character has the watch point are being accumulated on their watch which you can also use - if you don't get the Characters watch your wasting the character - you want to farm watch points. Plus you will get all the watch points your other character generated on the new character.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    211 posts

@sock_monkey I just don't understand the reasoning to storing 300 pieces of gear/weapons. How much of the gear/weapons in player's stashes actually get's used on a consistent bases over players just hoarding gear just to have it?

• Sock_Monkey

@raciaiadhesive For the most part you are correct, and in my case specifically almost all of it is just exotics. I still have a few rare exotics I haven't yet landed (the raid-specific ones), and that combined with the hope that maybe they make another use for exotic components is the primary reason I save them.

So the way I've done it is of the exotics I do have, I have one of each that either landed gRolled, or was so close it was a minimal of optimization to get it there. These stay in normal inventory (or stash) for quick use. From that point on, any additional of that type I stash in my mules. Maybe I'll land an EB or Big Horn eventually, then will have enough components to try a hundred or so rolls.

Then again, maybe Ubi won't do anything useful with exotic components, and I'll get tired of the game before even landing the last couple exotics. If so, I haven't really lost anything more than the 15 or so minutes (combined) it took me to create the mules and transfer the stuff over, so no biggie really.

Suggested Topics