ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 58 posts

Full weapon damage builds (6 reds) should get a buff in PvE. (Certainly sniper builds)

The moment you start shooting (any weapon) you get all the attention and the NPC's almost kill you in half a second.
    While your 3 bullets fired (before you are forced back into cover) don't even take off 1 armor segment of them.
    NPC's will take off all your armor and 99% health with those same 3 bullets.
    Even if you have armor cores they wreck you fast.
    This is also the reason most people use skill builds all the time.

Another thing, LMG's and the Gunner Mini Gun are useless.
    Yes you get 100-150 bullets, but the moment you shoot it, every NPC you aim it on goes in cover. (Which could be the idea yes)
    But then the NPC's on the far left/right start shooting you, and almost kill you again with just 3 of their bullets.
    So they are useless, especially the Mini Gun.

Can we get a Capacitor version that gives 85.000 armor per red core?
    And instead of a AR it's a LMG (with good damage) so you can really give that suppressing support and do damage as well as survive a little longer at the same time.

PS: If this is OP in PvP, make it a PvE exclusive exotic weapon which talent doesn't work in the DarkZone and Conflict.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xcel30
    650 posts

Eh... if you build the cookie cutter crit brands AR build you will melt everything no problem. Heck just slap hunters fury and will be wrecking enemies in all difficulties with shotguns, while snipers are kinda liminted to very few talents if you want ot one shot, a decent build with pure raw damage should be able to 1-2 shot most enemies using the bolt action rifles.

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 58 posts

@As1r0nimo To be fair, I was talking about legendary content,
    So you might be right about that.

But everyone is always using skill builds because it does WAY more damage, while sitting safe in cover.
    That's fine by me, but it makes weapon builds very trash compared to skill builds.
    Because the ones that are using weapon builds die all the time.
    Unless they play it the speedrun way.
    (Meaning shield and scope glitch to peek behind a wall without getting shot.)
    If that's the only "not dying all the time" way, then it's trash in my book.

The only MMR that's good is Nemesis, the rest is trash.
    Maybe they are good on low difficulties but for legendary really not.

The Mini Gun is trash if you can't use it like the heavy npc's use it.
    You don't need to be in the open to get wrecked.
    Most times your done the moment you step to the right because you get their attention right away when you use it.

Who the [censored] stands in the open anyway.........?

@xcel30
    Yes you do damage with crit builds but you also get melted, as you need glass cannon to do the damage right away.
    With obliterate less fast but also melted. (As if the 50% damage don't matter)

Hunters fury means shield build, they melt indeed but where are the builds without shields (and the "corner peek" scope glitch)
    The only sniper that's good is Nemesis all others are useless compared to it.
    And even that one ain't all that in legendary.

In the meantime all skill builds melt everything, while sitting safe in cover.
    So in my opinion weapon damage builds should do more damage as you are vulnerable the whole time you are "using your power".

It could be nice that this power-up only activates with 6 reds and as long as you don't have a shield equipped in one of the skill slots.
    So that nobody can abuse it, and we see less shield/dps builds.

• xcel30
    650 posts

@angrypandanr1 I mean my sniper build doesn't use glass cannon and instead focuses on either using mantis and decoy skill because it will always aggro the enemy making them easy targets for headshots and mantis is not useless, or my other one is using SVD and Tac-50 with Tip of the Spear chestpiece so i can either one shot heavy dangerous targets with more health using the Tac-50 and clean the mobs with quick follow up shots from the SVD. If you think that only nemesis is usable i'm sorry but i drasticly disagree since one of the most popular talents is headhunter that is just stupid overkill with nemesis and let other weapons shine also heck i even played around with it when using Big horn

One interesting build to try with hunter's fury is an SMG with preservation and cluch at the same time, there's also the piece with perfect unbreakable that also gives shotgun boosts that if you play well you can do it without a shield with these two because you will be healing in alternative ways or have some other safety net, there's also the obvious adrenaline & intimidate combo that you can also use without shield for more speed but of course shield is safer but not mandatory.

Balance is not perfect, but it's not that skewed as you think outside of PVP that i won't even touch, also since striker got reworked LMGs are considered pretty danm strong contenders and ones such as Pestilence were considered quite strong

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

@angrypandanr1 Legendaries aren't supposed to be balanced around. That's the idea.

MMR currently are more than viable in heroic content. By buffing red cores you will only decrease the difficulty of EVERYTHING. If you still don't get it: if legendaries will become easier, then there won't be any super challenging content. Which will be stupid, since players asked for it (not the drone plant though).

• AngryPandaNr1
    Original poster 58 posts

@as1r0nimo
    I know it supposed to be harder content, that's why I play it.
    But I also know It's pointless to use dps builds unless you cheese it with the shield/scope/focus method.

By buffing red cores you will only decrease the difficulty of EVERYTHING. If you still don't get it: if legendaries will become easier,

If you still don't get it: dps builds would also become an option for most players in legendaries.
    Not only skill builds as they choose now.
    Let me say it like this:
    * Why go dps, if as soon as you shoot you get the attention (they wreck you with 3 bullets) and therefore must stop shooting.
    Or you shoot two seconds longer and die.
    * If you can sit in cover and do more damage, as your skills keep firing and firing until they are destroyed...

then there won't be any super challenging content.

True but nowadays they could make heroic to how it used to be. (challenge to heroic, hard to challenge)
    And legendaries to how they were too.
    This would give the players that like to do the hardest content today, way more options then just 3 missions.
    (Heroic's were as hard as legendaries are today)
    And the 3 legendaries become a new level of hardest content.
    (As legendaries were harder also)

Skill builds are good as they are now.
    Nerfing skills wouldn't be an option.
    That makes people still choose skill builds over dps, only then it takes longer to kill (while still hiding in cover/have better survivability)

But buffing dps would make more people consider to use it.
    As they will do more damage then skills do.
    (While still be vulnerable as you are forced to pop your head out of cover to shoot.)

Armor builds could actually use a good buff at 6 blue cores as well.

• DEAN-377
    19 posts

I said the same thing about buff the agent, but some guy said if you feel hard to play just set world to normal. 👎 👎 👎 👎 that was BS. thinking about TU7 that was best TU of all. every thing was good until they put out gear 2.0. to be honest, WONY did a good job, I have to said it. the only thing they did wrong was gear2.0, limited buff 6 red cord+ watch the total buff for weapon is 100%((15*6)+10) if you count the weapon, that was 115%(((15%*6set)+10%watch)+15% on weapon) but in gear 1.0 you can get almost 200% weapon buff & a lot of armor/HP(yeah, HP was useful in gear1.0)

• Noxious81
    796 posts
    (...) I was talking about legendary content,
    (...) But everyone is always using skill builds because it does WAY more damage, while sitting safe in cover.
    That's fine by me, but it makes weapon builds very trash compared to skill builds.

(...) But I also know It's pointless to use dps builds unless you cheese it with the shield/scope/focus method. (...)

I don't know whether it makes me sad or mad having to read such statements. Don't get me wrong – I totally don't blame you for anything.

It's just that legendary content was meant to be f'ing hard. And it was meant to require skill to complete it. Remember: it was introduced as being the endgame content for the top 1% of players.

Nowadays, maybe 1% of the players didn't yet complete legendary content. Because they made it easier (in comparison to the initial difficulty) – and they buffed skill builds through the roof as the game was meant to reach the end of its lifecycle. In order to now allow almost everyone to play legendary content.

Nowadays you don't need skill to complete legendary missions, you only need skills (drone, turret).

Those skill builds are a scourge.
    They allow players that in fact would not yet be good enough to play legendary content to complete it – although they still lack formerly necessary knowledge about game mechanics, tactics, coop, creating different builds and how to form an actually synergizing team etc. ...
    Even worse: they also prevent them from even learning those things.
    By having their skills complete legendary content for them, those builds make players mistakenly believe they are good enough for this content. Thus motivating them to unknowingly punch above their weight.
    Which then leads to confusion and frustration, because without their drones and turrets those agents still get their a***s handed on heroic and legendary difficulty. Thus making them believe other builds would be no good...

And to be absolutely clear:
    I don't blame most of the agents falling for that trap – they never got the chance to learn the game and climb the ladder of difficulties like most veterans did. The devs introduced an "access-all-areas" build when expecting the end of the game's lifecycle and all those YouTubers and streamers began to tell their communities to play those builds. They used this situation to create clicks and promote the meta – because it of course would have been way less popular to tell people that the AFK-drone/turret-build is actually a supporting wheel for not very good players. They opened up the door for "innocent" casual players by selling them the wrong truth that they'd be ready for legendary content. And they opened up the door for incapable players who envied other players their exclusive rewards.

tl;dr:
    DPS builds and other builds/roles (CCs, tanks, supporters, healers, Gear Sets like ND or now even SB, 6-0-0 builds or 3-3-0 builds etc.) are very viable on legendary content. And they allow good teams to clear legendary missions way faster than with drones and turrets only.

The ugly truth is – if you're dependent on cheesy tactics like the AFK-skillbuilds, the Scorpio, the shield/scope glitch etc. you are simply not yet good enough for legendary content. Which gives you the choice to either live with this fact and stick to cheesy methods while continuing to complete legendary content in this unsatisfactory way, thus remaining a mediocre player at best...
    Or you can try to avoid the cheese and start becoming an actually good player by creating different builds, learning how the game works, how enemy archetypes work, how you synergize in a team etc. – although this will mean failing a lot, testing stuff and learning things on challenging and heroic content to eventually become better and better...

Suggested Topics