ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sam.SamFisher
    Original poster 114 posts

For my fellow PC game players, FXSound has released for free their FXSound Pro audio w/equalizer and presets [12MB download], to improve your systems sound reproduction.
    I have installed it and simply used the 'game' preset and have noticed a substantial rise in sound quality, and I had very good Bose reproduction beforehand. I'm betting by tweaking the equalizer I can get even more improvements.
    Get on the interwebs and search for fxsound.com...

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Edit: Headphone users will definitely like this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

I'm in like stink on, well ... you know!

The sound in this game is so horrible anything will help. will see on the next session and I do play with headsets, otherwise, the better half gets on my case even if the sign says Man-Cave 😊

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

Man, the game FX sounds is indeed A LOT better with the new system but, it makes the horrible normal voice sound so much worse now... at least for me with headsets.

For instance, the Wasp sound now confuses me and I think is an AAmon or the other ground drone? and still you pop your drone and it takes a while to find because where you hear it is totally NOT where the wasp or AAmon is 🤕

Seriously though, how can they have the audacity to call themselves a AAA company when not even a sound they can get right. UGH!

• Sam.SamFisher

@fcac-no-moe - If you bring up the app on screen, and say you are using the preset 'gaming', hover your mouse over an individual slider on the equalizer, it gives feedback as to what aspect of sound can be adjusted with some small tweaks. For example, modifying the 1.36 kHz slider down will cut out 'nasal tones'. While modifying the 4.40 kHz slider down cuts out overly loud "S" and "T" sounds. And so on. Each slider has its own info dialogue.
    Perhaps making some adjustments will reduce your aggravation with the voices and bring some better directional identity for the drones. Any adjustments to the presets you do make can be saved and named to be used again.
    I'm about as musical as a room full of wailing infants, but this app has changed my gaming experience for the good, given my 64-year-old ears. 😁

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

@sam-samfisher

Dang it, and here I thought it would be like others that you press up or down and there isn't really a difference... I feel Sheepish (those who watched Aladin [Robin Williams] with their kids back in the day will understand!).

You have given me an idea, which I hope I can utilize. Which is, open the app within the game and play with the sliders to see if I can get a happy medium.

Again, like the Mod, this thing is superb but because of the rotten core of the game, there is only so much you can use it for. It is what it is and I am thankful for it. Believe me, at my almost 60, I am no spring chicken. 😊 😙

EDIT: Sam, I just made a couple of changes, really I just went up and down to save a preset or 2 for testing purposes but I don't know where it saved it and/or how to bring that new preset back to the front so to speak?

EDIT 1: NVM, it appears it doesn't like certain characters in the keyboard world and it didn't save it. Characters like " / " seem to be persona non grata

• Sam.SamFisher

@fcac-no-moe - open file explorer and locate your directory tree, it's on the left-hand side. Look for your name or what you named your computer. Usually found above "This PC".
    Expand that. Look for a folder titled 'AppData'. Within that folder should be another folder titled 'Roaming'. Within 'Roaming" you should find the folder titled FxSound. Within that folder lies the folder titled "Presets". In that folder is where you should save your own configured presets.

The directory tree would be something like;

fcac-no-moe
    AppData - Roaming
    FxSound - Presets
    Presets (save file to)

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

@sam-samfisher

Thanks Sam but like I said, the issue was that I was trying to use the forward slash ( / ) and for whatever reason the app didn't like it so it threw a tantrum, popped a small window with a number and the Ok option, did it again, so I hit OK again and never saved anything. Next time around I saved it w/o the ( / ) and it is now on my Presets so... again, thanks!

Now, wouldn't that be Fisher-SamFisher?

Or I am getting that totally wrong and you are not trying to copy Bond James Bond 😲

• Sam.SamFisher

@fcac-no-moe - Glad to hear you got it sorted.
    People ask you your name, you could say, Sam. Sam Fisher. No? That's all it was to me. I never thought of James Bond. That's not Sam's style. Ask him if he likes his martini shaken or stirred, and he'd just look at you with a blank stare. 🤣

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

@sam-samfisher

Touche!

I am not much of a Sam guy, played one of his games, liked it but not enough to stick to the Franchised.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1273 posts

Sam, is this happening to you as well? It started yesterday, 1 or 2 days after I install FXsound. First a little background history into how whacky (or OCD) I can be 😚

I keep my headsets plugged all the time now, it is better this way so I don't have to hear crap from the wife or kids. Ok so I could have avoided that little bit but it felt, oh so good! 😊

Anyways, I also restart my PC each night, again, no facts I guess but I just do it because I feel that it unclogs resources from the PC for the next day to start clean. I could be totally wrong.

So yesterday I also moved the PC a bit closer to me so the headset cables wouldn't be so tight to where I sit. All of a sudden I heard a sound, the sound one hears when an Amber Alert comes in or when the TV has an announcement to make or is doing a test. We all know that, right? A few minutes after it did it again so I figured moving the PC must of have done something so I unplugged the headsets, waited the few minutes one should and reconnected them again, I heard the toon toon sound it makes when connecting and that was that, no more Alerts or notification via sound.

This morning though, I put it my password to get into the desktop, and while I was waiting for it and quoting some customers I hear the first alert sound but it went away soon after, then after a minute or so, again, and again so I went back to the unplugging and plugging the headsets but this time it kept doing it and it didn't go away.

I uninstall the FXsound software and so far the sound hasn't comeback. Man, I am so down because even though I hadn't gotten the happy medium for them yet, I had liked what they had done to the games.

I will try to install it again at some point but I wanted to know if this was happening to everyone or I was the only lucky winner. I may have to play the Lotto this week, this may be a sign that I soon will become rich and I can mount my own Gaming Studio and create a proper GR experience... Bwahahahahahahaha.

Take that Ubisoft!

• Sam.SamFisher

@fcac-no-moe I'm having zero issues except when I did my NVidia update and my windows update today. Both times it kicked my speakers off audio and put it onto the monitor. It's not FXSound. It's windows defaulting to my monitor for audio thanks to Realtek, but now I fix it using the speaker selection in the FXSound app. 😁

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Suggested Topics