ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1254 posts

I am trying to get to the bottom of it. I had already an issue with the Panther Class Challenges in OP Motherland and now I am having more issues but in the Vanilla Campaign, 3rd slot and what I thought it was with the Mod.

Panther Class Challenge 7 kill 20 enemies w/o being detected... no matter what I try or do, no hit will get registered ... Mod On or Off (Vanilla). Again ... 3rd Slot

Mikeweeks was kind enough to give me some tips like hit them from behind and only the ones venturing in the wild. He also told me to remember that the Sync Drone would count as a hit but I don't know if he was using the 3rd Slot. Well, I am here to tell you that none of it works, I keep getting a 0/20 registering after each kill.

Went to a province with the Vanilla, NO MOD, grabbed a vehicle and went hunting for isolated enemies in the wild, I can assure you that I killed more than 25 or 30 enemies and I can not, for the life of me, pass that challenge. Again, all of this in the 3rd Slot

I really don't care but now it has become a point I need to check, a challenge I can't walk away from, you know? I know we all have been there.

Sam.Fisher. also gave me a tip on the other post about changing classes, which btw, i also did, I swap to sharpshooter, did up to class 4 and swap back and again to no avail. Where did I play this you will ask, well, in the 3rd Slot would be my answer.

Am I complaining in hopes that Ubi will fix it? Well, the answer is NO, I know better than to hope they will. We will probably see a proper AAA GR game before they fix this but what I am hoping for is for more tips and/or band-aid or even work-arounds this issue and if not, well, then so be it.

Why am I bothering talking about the 3rd Slot? I can't remember and I don't know whether this is true or not but I recall a post about slots having some issues (or fixes) that were not happening in the 1st slot due to different updates, etc?

Thanks Obi-wan-Kenobi ... you're my only hope! 😚 😘

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    295 posts

@fcac-no-moe I haven't experienced any bugs specific to my third slot, athough I don't really play it that often. But for someone that professes to hate the game so much, I'm really surprised that you are playing through the campaign a third time.

• Sam.SamFisher
    109 posts

@fcac-no-moe - Often the challenge results don't show until completion. So, 0/20 remains 0/20 until 20/20. That's been my experience and it is frustrating to not know where you are mid challenge.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• MikeWeeks
    321 posts

@fcac-no-moe My third slot character is a Pathfinder, class level 20 - so challenge #7 was completed at some point, but I honestly don't recall any specific issues. I simply had as a task for a specific game session to complete that challenge. No FT, no swapping weapons, no vehicle traveling. Just work a fairly wide open area of the map from one end to the other; back and forth, killing the various spawning NPCs.

However IIRC, there were comments on the old forum regarding the requirements might be glitched to the effect of it taking more than 20 shots for the challenge to be completed.

Also the counter displayed is only to show that you need to kill 20 enemies one time; there's no actual "counter" being displayed as you go above that task. It's the same for all classes that have the "kill 20 enemies without being detected" challenge.

• FcAc-No-Moe

Thanks guys.

I know I got to level 20 on the 1st slot, more so when Golem Island came in but for whatever reason, this time around I am stuck here and I thought it could be because of the usage of the last slot.

Since I am also utilizing the Mod on this 3rd slot and it is not easy to go through a field undetected I thought completing it would be harder, hence, why I couldn't but I am going to go try with the vanilla, sans the Mod, and do what Mike and Sam have recommended to see what's what.

Again, thanks.

OH and, contrary to popular belief, I don't hate the game. I do HATE what the Studio and UBI have done to it... Therein lies the problem and the big difference. 😊

• FcAc-No-Moe

Dang it, I can't catch a break! 😱

So I start a new session at Infinity province bottom Biv of the province and with the Vanilla (no Mod script), Pop drone and I see a deserted house with intel on it, ok, sure, why not let me walk over it and see what's what, 3 man patrol on 1 side and another 3 man patrol on a the other side, ok, cool, 6 guys in the bag and I haven't even broken a sweat yet.

Get a cache loot nearby and 2 man patrol guarding bikes because, well, we all know how desirable and expensive they are, that is 8 now, I get close to a checkpoint and I spot a sniper, can't pass that opportunity up right, DMR shot to the head and I am walking away from it looking to distance myself from the trouble that a checkpoint with many roads intersecting with each and close proximity to a complex can bring. Walking away, walking away when a damn Convoy spawn, ugh! man, squirrel squirrel, you all know how that is and how that goes. Yep, a whole ruckus ensued and back to square one I go. 😡

Ok, no matter, let's not get discouraged, we got the whole day, right? right! Start fresh and I am moving to the eastern seaboard of the province, got 2 enemies and then another 2 that is 4 in the bag again. It is raining in real life outside and my little dog is getting scare so she jumps in my couch with me, I am trying to pet her so she will come down when Boom! electricity goes out for a fraction of a second, computer and TV turn off and I am back to square one!. 😤

This is turning out to be the challenge from Hell. 😛

Yeah, I know, get a UPS... it is on its way but that will not help me one bit for what just happened LOL.,

• FcAc-No-Moe

Ok, 1 challenged down a helluva lot more to go! 😢

Oh and you guys are right, it took more than 20 hits... seat of the pants feeling only

Now, If you quit counting and just go ahead and shoot everything and anything that moves along the way, you will eventually get the challenge done. Hell, I even think that it took less because I got into a tussle and I have a feeling I was seen. Nobody knows and nobody will know. I doubt even the studio guys know.

A watched pot never boils I believe is how the saying goes? 🤠 🤠

Suggested Topics