ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• patrickbugnon
    Original poster 10 posts

Hi,

I have played the 5 dementia levels of the Vaas and Pagan DLC. I prefer by far the original game, but these DLC are fun.

However I regret that you have to decide to play one level in a row, without being able to pause the game. If you start a level with lot of guns and feel the need to stop (one level is about 1 to 3 hours depending on what you want to do), then you cannot save your progression. If you stop, you lose all your guns and the power pickups you have found (you keep the mirror and weapon cases upgrades).

You could count on your console to resume the game where you left it (e.g. Xbox quick resume), but if it does not work, the you have lost hours of play, and your inventory ...

So you are "pushed" to continue playing without pause.

I feel this somehow unhealthy.
    What do you think?
    Did I miss the save option?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Keep safe

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Littleweasel01
    68 posts

@patrickbugnon that's not fully true because if you exit at a safe house/starting area you keep everything you have collected like your respect, weapons and power pickups, you would only lose game progress. the only time you lose everything is if you exit not while at a safe house/starting area.
    the game actually tells you that when you enter a safe house.

• patrickbugnon
    Original poster 10 posts

@littleweasel01 : Fair enough, thanks for your reply.

So you can save your inventory if you stop playing while being in a safe house. However, you still lose your progression on the map. When playing at demencia levels 1 to 4, I always cleared the map, so it took me in average 2-3 hours to do so. Stopping the game from a safe house would reset the progression and I could lose a bit less than 2-3 hours.

And if you quit while not in a safe house, you lose your progression and your inventory.

As well in case of any crash of your system or the game.

Why?
    Is this some kind of punishment?

So I still believe that this system "forces" you to play several hours without pausing, or you may loose hours.

• GhostAgent14
    163 posts

@patrickbugnon

Your question of "Is this some kind of punishment?" made me literally laugh out loud!! I'm not laughing at you because you're frustrated with the DLC. I'm laughing at Ubisoft for setting up the Vaas and Pagan DLC's in this roguelike manner where it does indeed feel like punishment to most players. I'm not sure what they were thinking with this.

• Littleweasel01
    68 posts

@patrickbugnon i agree it is like a punishment
    i had about 24,000 respect saved up one time and the game crashed on me while i was opening the door to a safe house.
    when i restarted the game i was expecting to be at the start of the dlc but with my respect and guns but no i did not i had only zero respect and only the pistol i was p****d to say the least.

they should have at least had it so it saved your guns and respect no matter way you quite especially because of crashes.

the thing that gets me the most with the dlc's is that if you have co-op partner they can only upgraded them self no weapons, and in the main game it is kinda stupid how they do not have it also save for your co-op partner

Suggested Topics