ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• we have been enduring the worst possible set of directives in the open world for over 6 months now , can at least this be changed until we get some more news about the pushed back content?

2 Likes/14 Replies/379 Views
    N3mB0t
    Original poster 934 posts

yeah , title says it all , the armour directive is broken , the no ammo and skills directive are the worst in the list, there are so many others to choose from , dont we deserve a better and new set of them at least while we patiently wait for better days?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@n3mb0t

the armour directive is broken

Yeah, this one can definitely get annoying, forcing a relog. I initially suspected the workaround was an introduced back-door for testing purposes, but if so, then someone royally FUBARed the normal operation.

They also tend to be build-specific, which reinforces the intended periodic change-up. 'Fog' they should fundamentally always have as an option. If you can't determine direction and distance without MacGuyvering automotive turn signals on your helmet, then you have bigger issues than completing missions. 😀

Given that the 'delayed-February' update is indefinite, it would also make sense to requeue the same and/or other GEs in the interim. At least that would give players some additional options. 👍

• N3mB0t

@v4mpir1

i also think fog of war should be the only permanent directive , the other 4 should rotate , and if they rotated every 3 or 4 weeks instead of the suposed 3 months it would be even better.

either that or let us choose which ones and how many we want , a la summit.

BTW... are you on PC mate?

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@n3mb0t

either that or let us choose which ones and how many we want , a la summit.

Yeah, I had a bunch of clanmates iterate the same. I presume they precluded that as it would disincentivize/obsolete The Summit and its respective close quarters quick / 'inside-your-backpack' spawns.

BTW... are you on PC mate?

Yup.

• N3mB0t

@v4mpir1

nice , i was asking because i can see from your posts you are a very experienced raider, wanted to ask if you mind carrying an old bag through a few runs to get the exotics and gear sets ?

im over 10k SHD now but i never raided , mostly a lone player , one or two mates in the group at most , im no iliterate when it comes to gear and having enough good builds to carry my own weight i would only need someone that could get me into their usual group and point the right direction for a few runs ,do you think we could arrange something?

sent you a friend request on connect

• Noxious81
    915 posts

I'd really love to see some other Directives for the OW and the missions. I don't even expect them to incorporate an option for choosing Directives – just change them. Don't start a new Season, don't abandon the idea of the categories for Directives (map, ammo, enemies, skills, armor) – just swap the current Directives pleeeeease!

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@n3mb0t

wanted to ask if you mind carrying an old bag through a few runs to get the exotics and gear sets ?

Yeah, sure, NP. Timing might be a slight issue for you, though. The majority of my clan is in North America. We typically stage -- less punctually now, due to Covid disruptions -- between 1930 and 2100 HRS EST, which translates to you as [GMT-1: 2330 - 0100] or [GMT: 0030 - 0200]. One of our LTs, and our most frequent [inc. Discord PUG] raider, is Brazilian, so I'll advise him, and we should be able to get you better squared away WRT timing and potentially, first language... not that your English isn't excellent. 😀

• N3mB0t

@v4mpir1

great , the timing is not that bad , i usualy play at that time , what might be a problem is speaking at that time because its late and there is people sleeping that i dont want to wake up or they will kill me (wife 😁 ).

language is not a barrier too , i speak better english than brazilian although im natively portuguese , i sent you a friend request on connect so you can now see me everytime im online and we can get together to cook something up , thanks in advance.

i will be playing at that hour tonight , ill look for you.

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@n3mb0t Tomorrow or shortly thereafter would be better... Tuesday is the weekly reset, and first runs (per week, per character) have the highest probability for the raid-specific drops. The earlier in the week, the higher the probability that all raid party members are also on their first runs on a given character.

• N3mB0t

@v4mpir1

sure thing mate , we will talk in the meanwhile to see what will be our best options to get together to do this, thank you!

• N3mB0t

so back on topic , tuesday , no new directives, no new nothing , but game is crashing left and right , its alpha 1 , delta 3 , straight o desktop freeze ....

im loving it ...

• V4MPiR1
    231 posts

@n3mb0t Some action -- other than inaction -- would be prudent.

1. Rotating Open World Directives (while keeping 'Fog') per routine.
    2. Requeuing the same and/or other GEs in the interim to the 'pending' update.

Accommodating this norm and request would require minimal effort.

• Noxious81
    915 posts
    (...) Rotating Open World Directives (while keeping 'Fog') per routine. (...)

Heck, I wouldn't even need a rotation – I'd be glad if they only changed the Directives once so that the now somewhat annoying Directives and especially the broken one would get changed.

• AngriusMaximus
    41 posts

I agree concerning the need to swap out the current directives or at least bring back a few of the others.

They are still playable in missions, but trying to run solo exploration in the open world with the current directives setup is way too risky / crippling at higher difficulties given the lethality of the enemies and the sheer number of them (looking at you "Fragile Armor"...) unless you happen to have an insanely optimised build.

I would love for the "Ragers" and "No Regen" directives to be brought back as they offer some additional challenge whilst still being fairly reasonable post-combat; e.g.. healer skills can heal you AFTER the shooty shooty is done without having to run all the way back to safehouses to refill armor kits. Or enemies basically gaining a quick stimmie / adrenaline (HP) boost after getting [censored] off at you killing their buddies.

Suggested Topics