ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TeckLeo
    Original poster 6 posts

Is this because of console players? Seriously, why are you limiting this to only two difficulty settings?! Your current settings are easy and 'a little less easy'. At no point was the main game the least bit challenging. I wanna be punished for making stupid mistakes! I want enemies with 4 health bars at a minimum for the simple minions, 6 for mid level enemies, At least 8 for armored enemies (of which there should be a lot more), and 12 at a bare minimum for boss targets during campaign missions!

At least give us the option! Two difficulty options from which are near ranked as a walking simulator once you've cleared a region and gotten some 'ok' weapons.

Also, why do the special operations/dlc have difficulty levels that far exceed the regular game?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    145 posts

This question has been asked by other players a zillion times. The answer I often see posted by UBI reps on this board is that "some players like it". It's a non-answer. I think the FC 6 dev team did a lot of things right - from story to characters to cinematography. But challenging combat took a back seat, at least to those of us that like a real challenge. Instead they focused on stuff like supremos, etc.

As far as two levels of difficulty go, that would be fine as long at the more difficult one had a leveling system that worked. The game should get harder automatically for good players. I see some hints of that, and it has been mentioned by UBI, but I think the game combat mechanics substantially fell on their face. This results in sleepy play difficulty, ala bullet sponges. Sometimes the combat rises up to challenging, but I'd say 85% of the time it is way too easy and hence, uninspiring and unstimulating. I've always replayed FC games over and over again - since FC 2. But I just can't muster the energy or desire to go back through FC 6. I've switched back to New Dawn and a modified FC 2 which both have enjoyable and stimulating combat (as well as FC 3 and 4, 5).

It's too bad and in fact kinda sad actually.

• teh_greg
    62 posts

I completed the entire base game and cleared the map on "Action" mode and I died more from ridiculous fall damage than actual enemies.

Spec Ops is clearly overtuned for solo and designed for 2 players but its difficulty is only caused by enemies respawning right in your face. You can see them appearing literally out of thin air with the Triador supremo - and sometimes even as close to you as behind a wall you're camping.

Armour seems to have no impact - I switched to an armour set that "Greatly improved blast defence" and I was still getting reduced to 1HP from RPG blasts.

Also, why is there no matchmaking for harder difficulties?

Suggested Topics