ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

Hey everyone,

I found this new mod for Wildlands and thought a few of you would like to see it.

A first person mod for Breakpoint would be great.

Eagle-eyezx,

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@eagle-eyezx

Fascinating. I wonder how much effort it was to make this. I wonder if it's just as simple as shifting the x,y,z position of the camera to in front of the characters face?

• Eagleyezx

@virtual-chris I honestly don't think it takes that much to make it happen. But I don't code. It's definitely doable from what we can see.

But you're correct. They simply moved the camera in front of the body.

• MikeWeeks
    392 posts

Wow! Nice!

No longer an issue whether your boots are bloused or not ...😁

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Hot Damn... now this is something worth praising.

Modders 2

Paris Studio 0

Thanks for the videos and I will be testing this soon as well.

P.S.: Hmm, ok, stupid question, where is the link to the Nexuss Mod? Yep, not the brightest bulb in the chandelier here!

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe Here you go bud.

https://www.nexusmods.com/ghostreconwildlands/mods/20: (https://nexusmods.com/ghostreconwildlands/mods/20)

I love Wildlands but it looks a lot more challenging in first person.

Ubisoft need to give us these updates for the longevity of Wildlands and Breakpoint. It's not difficult.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

@eagle-eyezx

Thanks EE, I went to nexus and search for Wildlands only and couldn't find anything. I keep forgetting that more times than not, I need to use the whole Ghost Recon Wildland string to find things. Doh!

Much appreciated.

Now, for the next stupid question. Can I use this mod and then swap to the Vanilla in a jiffy or it is required for me to restart and go thru hoops to swap?

I am in the middle of a Co-Op campaign and I am loving every minute of it but I also want to try the Mod and go through a Campaign on FPV but not if I am ruining what I have so far.

Sorry but I am a Noob when it comes to this Mods thing.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe I'm not sure at all as I'm on console unfortunately. But please let us know your thoughts when you've given it a try. Gmoney had a smile/smirk on his face speaking about it on his video so it seems decent enough.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

Someone needs to fix the ballistics and disappearing bodies in Wildlands before I would give that another go. The guns are too much like paint-ball and the disappearing bodies make it too easy.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

FPV and the little tweaks that never came would be the ultimate for WL.

• Eagleyezx

@fcac-no-moe Ubiflop would make so much money in sales if they made a Ghost Recon Wildlands 2.

-Breakpoint game mechanics and animations
    -Busy and vibrant open world
    -Class system from Breakpoint (I enjoyed it) and weapon skill points
    -Wildlands style Ghost War
    -DLC in other locations
    -Bring back variety of drones from Wildlands

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

@eagle-eyezx

Well, I don't know if I am ready to pay full price for the same game with a few tweaks but I am sure that I would be willing to pay full price if the new game (allegedly is out there somewhere) was to be grounded, mature and have all those things we have been asking for.

• DNH_17
    239 posts

This mod is actually the personification of what I do and play the game as.
    Founding NHT, No HUD Team in late 2019 I wanted to start the game (never played it) to play with co-op mates that have a similar background and understanding of me and enjoy it in a simulative way.
    Some call it role play, some milsim, some "too hardcore". It's just a way that requires research or understanding or tactical interest just like it requires recon and skill to shoot and good ability to roleplay your communications. (a perfect to me model is Task Force Neptune)
    It's a "WHOLE PACKAGE".
    This FPP mod is really good in my view. I actually tend to play the GRW 99% in first person. Not rush on road like shown in the video or act arcade. With the NHT red team initiative and in general as a whole focus of such "project" i wanted to actually live it as it was "lived in first person", I shift to Iron sight all the time, I do not use TPP unless the game forces u to, but when shooting never. All the HUD is off, unless is contextual: in a car we toggle the minimal it on with the toggle key.

... it has been hard to find friends to play constantly and the whole campaign, planning the mission and doing rarely some UGC mission but generally just enhanching the vanilla episodes\missions and just playing them on the server like it was a real safehouse server... so much I ended up in last months of last year to use the duo option and maybe use the rebels more, so shifting to an advisor in bolivia interpretation.

Anyway this mod is good, and yes the game really should feature more stuff... Anyway this "FIRST PERSON" approach is something as said briefly I already take with the imagination of playing in discord and in the game like we were the characters, and not using ellipsis and shortcuts like most players do...
    I am not talking of excessive pedantry, but at least strong dose of planning, equipment, care for the approach and short briefing and debriefing, and especially focus on realistic not game type of comms, is the way you can already get into a first person experience: just check the videos from Task Force Neptune on youtube, they did a TOP job with (vibing) dusty and so on... (that's the style I like, I like the F.I.S.T. TSC most serious approach, not the arcade one they have taken now they are sponsored by ubisoft, or Lycan No HUD gameplay in Hunt showdown, .. or the SmokeTv in Dayz, not the "It's just a game" approach that is found unfortunately so much everywhere... I look for these type of TPP mates that can bear the experience to be a learning experience, that let more than just the game in.)

@virtual-chris It depends on how you play, and interpretation. If you fill in like water the voids a game give you of course you suffer de-immersion. As far as I know you don't, and anyway I don't for sure. I put house rules to actually play the game in a realistic\believable way as I have background to know what it works (what is realistic and immersive, but of course look for suggestions and other ideas too) and not work and make the game of course more challenging, but wildlands is superior in opportunity given to immerision many ways to breakpoint.
    If the bodies are removed anyway also AI needs to be programmed to become aware of it (and it's huge, it's no easy job... plus this will take time, workload on PC of the users, and also will need rules for "disappearing")...
    I simply interpret the game in away that the bodies on ground do not count: if players interpret the game in arcade way or just play cat and mouse "tactics" constantly, to thin enemy forces, then of course it will be ruining immersion: but bodies to stay in ground and if a direct action is launched you won't see the problem, the problem is with the "story"... enemies after u did something should respond to the fact they have been breached, something should change: and probably changes, maybe more presence more patrols... investigations, news, we just are not in God mode to know what happens, but enemy does know. Infact camps, bases are refilled, new recruits come if you have removed them.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Personally speaking, putting house rules on a game while paying full price for it is like going to the theater, pay full price for movie about kidnappings (as an example), then blindfolding myself as well as tying me to the chair so I can feel more immerse to the plot of the movie.

I understand why people do it and I am ok with it (to each his/her own) but, if I am going to pay full price for a game, the game has to give me ALL the tools I need for me to enjoy it fully, that is why I pay for it, otherwise, they would have to be paying me to come up with ideas to enjoy it.

I pay 7.97 for this turd and I still pitch & fork it, I can only imagine if I had gotten bamboozled to pay full price for it. 😀

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    376 posts

@virtual-chris Play Ghost Mode with minimum HUD.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Yeah because that will fix the core issue with Wildlands.

That is exactly what they did with Breakpoint and their so called Immersive Experience. Although, for some, that was a huge change but for others, me included, all they did was remove the Gear Score and leave the dummies just like they were in the vanilla game.

• cardij
    8 posts

@virtual-chris right on man. The ballistics in wildlands keep me from touching the game. I am hoping someone does a ballistics mod because I love the campaign and atmosphere, just cant stand shooting a rifle and counting 2 seconds before the bullet hits something 75 yards away LOL. It ruins it for me.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Does anyone here knows how one could get a hold of the Modder? I would love to ask him if he has any intentions of going a bit further and making the enemy more intelligent or at the very least less bullet spongy and less eagle eye when alerter but more into it when un-alerted.

• DNH_17
    239 posts

@cardij Well... and the awareness sound, that's the worse thing one could do to a Player.
    Unfortunately they forced it on players instead of using (because when we criticize we should always offer solutions) a taunt\voice over of the unhappy npc with several variants depenting on threat, situation, in general the context, and of course region\enemy.. maybe adding also some different shades of "accent" depending on the recruits origin too... some might be ppl from Brazil, some from Al quaeda, some others from US and Canada, some from Africa, some from central gulf of mexico Islands... and also depending on
    SBG, SBV, SBS, (gunner, veteran, sicario - SB being Santa blanca for those unware of the great writing work behind GRW, untouchable!)... yes, "barks" as called between insiders can get you tired especially if they are always the same but especially if they start to become out of place (so in some way they might age not well), but if they are tested troughtout the game they can really serve a huge purpose.

unfortunately these games which are made for digital securitization since early 2000s, and for which I posted just today a complete explanation, and however NFT serves as a proof of what I am saying, if metaverse wasn't already enough, are made for immature crowds, immature content, high addiction, so all details also for a reason of cost cutting and low ability to manage these huge and complex projects by Leads and so on, are left forgotten and the title has to be pushed earlier... instead to be a labour of love and yes sort of crunching that anyway (in anything in life, aka sustainable sacrifice, I am not talking of crunching at level of slavery) is the only way to reach high standards in a game.

Too many heads, too new labor force, many difficulties during development... and you get great stuff and not so great.
    The projectile speed is surely a lower down in a few others like no head shot kill, bullet sponginess, and other grinding stuff and DLC as only way to have cool gear, and indeed the awareness sound or the hour time in game which is 3' (IRL) = 1h, which is not bad but could be better.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

@Eagle-eyezx --thanks for the post! Might just give that rascal a try!

Suggested Topics