ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lair360
    Original poster 11 posts

I've been looking forward to the division heartland and what I found....? It really switched off my hype. Seriously, the game is going to be a Battle Royal and not a free roam like Div2. This means it's also heavy heavy PVPVE!

Well, sorry to say this. But for PVE players... please avoid this game. It's going to be bad... another development in the dust....

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HonestlyOK1986
    177 posts

@lair360 from what ive read its essentially like survival on td1, which was essentially a battle royale anyway, however as with that one there is a pve only option for those who didnt fancy the competition of the pvevp mode. Im also told it will have different objectives to just literally surviving and getting out.

As a big however...it hasnt been released, nobody truely knows as far as im aware so we'll see. Either way its a freebie so 🤷♂

• dagrommit
    894 posts

As noted, it's F2P, so people can give it a try for themselves and decide if it's worth playing. My understanding is that there is a PvE and a PvPvE mode, so it might be an amusing diversion until the new content for Div 2 arrives (assuming that comes out after).

• CassiousCloud
    20 posts

If it's like survival and does have a pve only mode, I'll definitely give it a try. I loved survival in D1.
    Survival for me was one of the best replayable modes in just about any game i've played.

• DutchLMB4ever
    366 posts

@lair360 it's a free game, so no it's not going to be a Div3.

But, if Heartland is successful and the PvP players are pleased.
    They will probably update that game in time, so it has.
    - Last stand
    - Conflict
    - Dark zone

And then they can focus on a Div3 with only PvE.
    Which from my point of view makes farming for gear with maxed out stats pointless.
    But it will be balanced for both games as the devs don't have to worry that:
    When they nerf something in PvP it will be complete trash in PvE.
    Or if they buff something in PvE it will be OP in PvP.

But we'll see what happens...

• xcel30
    794 posts

@lair360 A bit of Yes but mostly No is the right answer, it has a big open map, it has you scavenging for supplies in a map with hostile enemies, it has you escaping to take all the fancy new gear you found be usable in later runs. It has a primary PVE game mode about scavenging with a more hardcore PVEVP mode later that i don't know what will imply in terms of progression. Game does play by different rules with it and hte PVEVP mode will probably play like a BR at some player encounters, but definetly not a pure Battle royale like you are thinking and closer to what people constantly asked of having big map with a mode that has PVP enabled

Suggested Topics