ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Schema86
    Original poster 3 posts

Just wanted to drop my two cents here. I'm a fan of military game, so I decided to give Breakpoint a shot.

Today I have maybe 30 mins to play a little, but what am I doing? Starting a thread to let Ubisoft know I will never buy another game from you guys. I used to like them, I gave this one a chance. Turns out I can't play the game I paid for offline? Between the woke bs, the ridiculous monetization and this, I really, really from the bottom of my heart hope you guys go bankrupt. I wish this on you and any other company that uses these consumer unfriendly tactics. I do not know what you guys are thinking, but this is not smart. I will never buy another one of your games.

I just got 3 copies for me to play with my friends. I regret very few purchases, but this one is close to the top. Enjoy the last you'll see of me ..I.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• El_Cuervacho
    56 posts

@schema86

Yep...and by the way, welcome to Ubisoft's (new and improved) Official Forum for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon:Breakpoint and to the realization that eventually all reality ends up immitating the art it derives from!

• Megalodon-26
    294 posts

@schema86 Honestly, nobody cares, including Ubi. The game has always required you to be online to play, and is advertised as such, and all the paid content has been well documented for more than a year (all content added since Sept 2020, has been free). So if you were silly enough to buy three copies before even trying the game, then that's on you, not Ubi.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@bigrexxx ouch...... truth hurts sometimes.
    and this is not a pg 13 friendly subject line. Waldo will have to issue a warning.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts
    Just wanted to drop my two cents here. I'm a fan of military game, so I decided to give Breakpoint a shot.

Today I have maybe 30 mins to play a little, but what am I doing? Starting a thread to let Ubisoft know I will never buy another game from you guys. I used to like them, I gave this one a chance. Turns out I can't play the game I paid for offline? Between the woke bs, the ridiculous monetization and this, I really, really from the bottom of my heart hope you guys go bankrupt. I wish this on you and any other company that uses these consumer unfriendly tactics. I do not know what you guys are thinking, but this is not smart. I will never buy another one of your games.

I just got 3 copies for me to play with my friends. I regret very few purchases, but this one is close to the top. Enjoy the last you'll see of me ..I.

You know, as much as I despise Ubisoft and the gimmicky ways of doing business, this one is on you my friend. Jotted down to your own fault, take it on the chin and learn to be a smarter consumer... it will go a long way and it will serve you well into the future.

With today's information at your fingertips, it would have taken you less than 5 minutes (from the 30 minutes you had) to find out that the game was AN ALWAYS ONLINE GAME!

I know, I know, it shouldn't be but because of the lack of spine and nutsack in society now a days, caring more about what the Kardashians are doing and which part of their anatomy they are showing and not caring about what Laws that will hurt us the Govt is pushing out, we have people like UBI and plenty of other Companies running a mock.

I am sure that next time, you will be more careful, take your time to read about what you are buying and if it is a chinese item, most of them are, at least buy it from the Company that has some sort of quality control instead that from the Chinese Company directly because they have none. In your case, UBI is the direct Chinese Co so you are right that we must stay away from them until they decide to comeback to Paris, grow a pair and make games and not just gimmicks.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

I'm not gonna lie, I brought popcorn to this one...

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts

Business is slow and working from home is not helping, way too much time in my hands... what can I tell you. 😆

• Schema86
    Original poster 3 posts

@bigrexxx Always someone like you has to come. I'm well aware of how [censored] Ubisoft really is. I'm not asking for a refund either. I did watch several reviews of the game (youtubers that must be paid to like this "content"). At no point it ever came up that you have to be online at all times. I am also aware that games nowadays are mostly online. I honestly did not think, that I would not be able to play this game offline without the social aspects. This is not advertised as an mmo. I know they do not care, nor do you, nor I need you to care. I am just stating, that I will never spend another cent on ubisoft. Never. That's all.

• Schema86
    Original poster 3 posts
    on at your fingertips, it would have taken you less than 5 minutes (from the 30 minutes you had) to find out that the game was AN ALWAYS ONLINE GAME!I know, I know, it shouldn't be but because of the lack of spine and nuts

Hi mate, just want to clarify something. I'm well aware of how [censored] Ubisoft really is. I'm not asking for a refund or for anything. I lost the money I spent, thats on me. I did watch several reviews of the game (youtubers that must be paid to like this "content"). At no point it ever came up that you have to be online at all times. I am also aware that games nowadays are mostly online. I honestly did not think, that I would not be able to play this game offline, of course removing social aspects. This game is not advertised as an mmo. This info does not show in their purchase page. I know they do not care, nor do you, nor I need you to care. I am just stating, that I will never spend another cent on ubisoft. Never. That's all.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts

Believe you me, I did say (or have stated here before and multiple times I might add) that I despise their gimmicks and immorals ways of doing business but it is there (in a very deceitful way no less but is there)... unfortunately for you and many more.

I mean, the 10/10 rating is enough to throw that guy in Jail for the rest of his life but then again, who doesn't know that those rating or reviews are not bought and paid by Ubi? Hell, even the IGN at that stage was paid for.

• Kean_1
    158 posts

@schema86

I'm not sure I understand. You bought 3 copies for you and your friends to play together but are upset that the game is online-only?

In either case, given this aspect is a high priority for you in your games and you are "aware that games nowadays are mostly online", you could have found out in a few seconds if you searched it on the internet with keywords like "Breakpoint offline mode". There are a bunch of hits showing that the answer is no, there isn't one.

I'm not defending the game as I think it was bad enough that I never bought it. I can also see being upset about their decision to make the game always online. .....but this one is on you especially given your awareness of the trend in the industry. Hardly anyone aggressively advertises the fact that their games require a constant online connection or even when they don't. It's just one of those things folks need to look up before making a purchase. I look this stuff up as well including co-op features as that is what I prefer. ....sometimes cross-play and so on. Depends on what is important to me in the game I'm looking at since product descriptions are not always completely clear regarding all aspects.

Anyhow, tough to be in that spot but a good reminder to check these things regardless of the game company who is selling the product you're interested in.

• Rev09
    75 posts

Man, this guy is getting roasted. How long has he been in the fire now lol.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts

@rev09

Well, sure he is but you know what. I am hoping that he does jot it down as mistake that he will never forget and that we are not doing it to stump on him but, if this roasting can help the next guy, I am sure he will be ok with that. Perhaps not today because he is still itching from the Shellacking that UBI has giving him but in a few days, he will realize that being careful and being a smart consumer is the way to go because there are many gimmicky companies selling turds painted gold now a days and we have to let everyone know.

At least, is how I hope he will take it.

• Rev09
    75 posts

But yeah, I would be careful buying anything with the name Ubisoft. Hell, if you bought an Ubisoft shirt there is probably some NDA terms you would have to agree to before you could even wear it and then you probably could only wear it in your house. And secondly, it probably also would have very delicate wash instructions because of how "delicate" it was due to the fact they put so little effort into making it.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Oh, I'm not saying what you are doing is the wrong approach buddy. You are clearly giving facts and helping him to avoid this in the future hopefully. I was just reading through this for my entertainment really. I agree with all you said for sure.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts
    But yeah, I would be careful buying anything with the name Ubisoft. Hell, if you bought an Ubisoft shirt there is probably some NDA terms you would have to agree to before you could even wear it and then you probably could only wear it in your house. And secondly, it probably also would have very delicate wash instructions because of how "delicate" it was due to the fact they put so little effort into making it.

At this stage in my life, UBI couldn't pay me enough to wear anything with their brand. A free game (or even a few) to wear one of their T-Shirts would even be an insult to be honest.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Yes sir on this one!

• anerforst
    2 posts

@schema86 dude i have owned GRB since day one and i like it yeah i get the whole why can't it be offline as sometimes you get really toxic players i understand that and wanting to play with a small group i agree but the actual online side brings us all together and we can make new friends and have fun as a bigger group it is just the toxic people that turn people away from such titles

• ClemsonDriver
    24 posts
    @schema86 dude i have owned GRB since day one and i like it yeah i get the whole why can't it be offline as sometimes you get really toxic players i understand that and wanting to play with a small group i agree but the actual online side brings us all together and we can make new friends and have fun as a bigger group it is just the toxic people that turn people away from such titles

Wanting to avoid "toxic players" isn't the only reason for wanting to play in offline mode. There are plently of reasons to want to play the game in singleplayer mode only and a lot of them have nothing to do with anything you said. But a singleplayer game/mode that always requires an internet connection is seen by a lot of people as a dumb design choice. Someone might not want that "always online" thing because maybe they have bad internet that goes down all the time, maybe they want to play the game on a travel laptop, maybe they have limited bandwidth. Plenty of reasons here too which again have nothing to do with people not wanting anything to do with "toxic players".

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1252 posts

Spoken like someone with some FOMO issues perhaps?

I am almost 60 and I have been playing single player games since, well, they started with the ATARI Pong (go google that one up!). I have until recently started to play Co-Op with a couple of guys here and I have never nor I think I will get involve in PvP unless I do so with the same people I play Co-Op right now and still I doubt I will.

So, if you are looking to make friends online you can achieve this easily by going to the PvP side of it. There is no need to be online to play the Campaign, that is a Lemming mentality and even though I mean no disrespect, the message may sound like I do. There are no advantages to it, as you have witnessed in this game but there are multiple disadvantages as you also have witnessed here.

Suggested Topics