ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@anerforst

Yeah, you're missing the point as others mentioned.

There was a lot of backlash for GRB being online-only but that was coming from the fact that they made it a requirement for those who were playing the campaign solo. Not because people are against PvP or even co-op although you can simply choose to play with friends if you wish. "Toxicity" has nothing to do with it.

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@fcac-no-moe

I'm in my 50s myself and been a gamer since the 70s. Started out on the early consoles and then PCs as they became more mainstream in the 80s. Started building my own and then back to consoles when the PS3 came out. .....switched exclusively to laptops at that point for all business, personal computing, etc.

I played my share of online though throughout that time as technology improved. ....had a blast most times although toxic and/or annoying players have always been a thing. Perhaps arguably more so these days. However, I find it is also much easier in this day and age to find new friends to play games with and become online buddies. In fact, it wasn't until recent years that that I was able to discover lasting online relationships with folks that still endure today.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts

@kean_1

My accent, speech impediment and fear of extremely lack of grammar and vocabulary perhaps kept me from wandering outside the solo confinement where no one could laugh at me for it. I now know how stupid that was but it didn't before. I also play Warzone for a bit with an ex co-worker and he is on an Xbox, this is probably what gave me the chance of trying co-op to be honest but the very few times I tried to throw a leg at PvP, I hated it, talk about Toxic situations and just people running around on their own killing everything and anything in front of them, it did scared me but it also made me aware of the why I rather do it alone.

Who knows, if someone buys Ubi and makes better GR games, R6 is brought back and FC gets a little less out there with the fantasy and drug induced comas and they make them crossplay, perhaps the Co-Op play will be even better so there is that... something Ubi is not willing to do because they are better off following fads and trends where they always be second or third best but still make some money.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@anerforst online only has nothing to do with bringing us all together. COOP play does that which you can have regardless of an online only or not state of the game. Most games have coop regardless of whether the game requires an online only connection all the time. The point of having an offline mode is to
    1 not be dependent on Ubi's server-side connection
    2 allow for a local saved copy so I can save the game at a particular state that I want to return to.

Honestly it isn't clear why Ubi even requires online only beyond it giving them the ability to measure player activity reliably. Which is in reality mostly a marketing and measurement tool prone to being completely misread as they don't have any user side reviews to help explain the data. Ubi seems to have real issues understanding the why of anything which is a major pitfall if you don't try to have an interactive communication channel with your users. They certainly haven't leveraged the online only status to allow for faster patch and bug fix deployments which was the BS line they fed us.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts
    @anerforst online only has nothing to do with bringing us all together. COOP play does that which you can have regardless of an online only or not state of the game. Most games have coop regardless of whether the game requires an online only connection all the time. The point of having an offline mode is to
    1 not be dependent on Ubi's server-side connection
    2 allow for a local saved copy so I can save the game at a particular state that I want to return to.

Honestly it isn't clear why Ubi even requires online only beyond it giving them the ability to measure player activity reliably. Which is in reality mostly a marketing and measurement tool prone to being completely misread as they don't have any user side reviews to help explain the data. Ubi seems to have real issues understanding the why of anything which is a major pitfall if you don't try to have an interactive communication channel with your users. They certainly haven't leveraged the online only status to allow for faster patch and bug fix deployments which was the BS line they fed us.

At the Red & Bold ... If anything, it has given them a BS excuse that they can take 3 to 6 month to semi patch something, break what was not broken and NOT really fix what they say they fix but sure, let's not even look at that right now. 😊

• anerforst
    2 posts

@kean_1 oh of course i understand that i did the campaign solo so i get it my point is mostly you get players who are not people firendly as with all games but yeah its utter BS

• Hdwc_
    223 posts

@schema86 People like that come to create popcorn moments: it's "trolling", pretty simple, that just passes for "realistic" person\post.
    It's not, it's just stuff to cover up the points.

Online means:

-massive data extraction > data extraction is needed (sugarcoated, to make the game as the player would like to be) to actually analyze us in every thing even how we move our eyes and mouse, and then use those data to get more money into the company wallet

-implement NFT, DLC, MTX systems.

People like @bigrexxx are the reason why tons of places, communities, and games, but I mean also towns, roads, families end up in negative situations. You just wanna do a show of the situation, you do wanna go "meta" not talk of the content, on which you are probably ignorant, or probably not. But you wanna divert, this diversion costs a lot on us and who will come later, and diverting, you wanna also divert your self = have fun, (divertire, from Lat. , and also italian)

You put as a priority your fun, instead of common fun. And this hell of rubber wall is started always from these type of "trolls" with a huge dose of fatalism injected in their response: schema86, in order to eradicate those ego seeking attention trying to corrupt the point you made, just a suggestion, like dante suggested, ignore, look at them and pull over.

• Kean_1
    159 posts
    @kean_1

My accent, speech impediment and fear of extremely lack of grammar and vocabulary perhaps kept me from wandering outside the solo confinement where no one could laugh at me for it. I now know how stupid that was but it didn't before. I also play Warzone for a bit with an ex co-worker and he is on an Xbox, this is probably what gave me the chance of trying co-op to be honest but the very few times I tried to throw a leg at PvP, I hated it, talk about Toxic situations and just people running around on their own killing everything and anything in front of them, it did scared me but it also made me aware of the why I rather do it alone.

Who knows, if someone buys Ubi and makes better GR games, R6 is brought back and FC gets a little less out there with the fantasy and drug induced comas and they make them crossplay, perhaps the Co-Op play will be even better so there is that... something Ubi is not willing to do because they are better off following fads and trends where they always be second or third best but still make some money.

Yeah, I can see the reluctance in that situation. Even in my case it still took me a while to develop lasting relationships with people and now we have a few of us who are all around the same age that enjoy meeting up each weekend to play games we like. ....with similar taste in genres, game modes, gameplay aspects and so on. Great bunch of guys really. We also have other "PS friends" but not really in our inner circle so to speak.

The thing is, once you meet one or two good buddies, that's when you start being introduced to their friends, co-workers, relatives, etc. who tend to also (IME) like the same things as the rest of the group. .....kind of a snowball effect. Starting out from scratch is the hard part IMO.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts

@kean_1

Funny you mention that. Two of the internet friends I have have my phone number, we all chat via Discord Audio and one of them Texts me to see if we want to go for a session in our WL Campaign (hates whatsapp), the other one does Whatsapp me but we have yet to call each other on the phone even though we Discord Audio when we play... I find that extremely weird but it is how we respect each other's time I guess.

I am sure that as I grow older, we will find more people to play and enjoy the games with, if these idiots don't decide to implode the industry with their crap like NFTs, etc. I hope that Microsoft does consider having the consumer's back and not just fill their pockets with crap gimmicks so we all can crossplay, that would be nice. I think.

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Yeah, I actually exchanged phone numbers with a couple of my PS friends who text me as well. In fact, one of the guys had their son coming into San Diego for a transfer to Camp Pendleton (Marine) and was going to ask if I could pick him up. ....I would have but he had made other arrangements already.

It would have felt kind of weird in any other situation but we've been gaming together for a while, talking about our lives, sharing pics of projects, etc. that it just seems like being around any other friends you would have in your life. ....just long distance. If my one closer online buddies was coming out to visit, I wouldn't hesitate to have him and his wife over or to meet up. Even my wife has talked to him before as well as my kid. .....I joke around by telling him to say hi to uncle Jason. lol

My circle of friends either work for him in communications, are relatives (nephews, etc.) or close friends of theirs. ....great group of folks and really genuine Southerners.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1254 posts

@kean_1

I lived in San Jose my last year of High School, got involved with the Marines JROTC and went to Camp Pendleton for a week (Marching Band Competition and Rifle Team as well). Freaking Huge city and I had the pleasure of visiting the shoreline. Well, now I say pleasure, back then we legged it to the beach if I remember correctly LOL. Loved the mountains and missed the opportunity to ride a bike there, too young and no money. Now I am in the East coast and it is flat as a pancake here but I had done multiple trips to Daytona (for Daytona Week), Alabama Barber (Huge Bike Museum) and Road Atlanta so I can't complain much!

• Hdwc_
    223 posts

@kean_1 Wow. you are so lucky (checked the two posts). That's exactly what I was and am looking for at least for my tactical and strategy immersive gaming lab effort, starting with GRW campaign experience. It has not been a failure but it has not been easy to be constant or anyway build friendships. I won't give up.

• Kean_1
    159 posts

@fcac-no-moe
    Yeah, been in California my whole life. I've thought about leaving several times for multiple reasons I won't get into here because of the politics, but it's still home for us. It's cool to have the desert, mountains, beach, lakes, forests, snow, sun, etc. all within an hour or so drive. So many cool features in this state. .....geographically & climatically speaking.

@Hdwc_
    Yeah, its not easy but when you do make that first good friend or two it seems the world opens up in that respect as you start mingling with their groups and so on. .....but when you're already talking about niche interests, you're options become very narrow. Those that role play (for example) struggle with this. That's not my cup of tea but there are some tight knit groups out there of RPers. It's pretty exclusive though and from what understand, not easy to tap into.

For myself and my friends, we're flexible enough to enjoy the gameplay style of each even if they differ a bit. For the most part though, we are more in line with what the group wants. For example, we only played Hardcore in CoD:MW 2019. We simply didn't like the normal, spongy game modes. That makes all the difference to me.

• Hdwc_
    223 posts

@kean_1 Ye true, I know my house rules will find hard time to be common ground but still I try, and I met around 50 people in 2 years. It's been not bad, we have played stably in 5 of us not all in the same times and then since 1 year I am off due to the GPU crisis and a bad timed pc update. So I lost some of the effort put in this whole thing.

yes at some point one might "give up something" or simply be a bit tolerant, but it's not really that. It's more about taste or level and degree of simulation.
    personally I was amazed when I found out the videos from Task Force Neptune (now not united anymore as far as I know, and which did it all on PS actually - I am on PC or will be again actually on PC to be precise after 1+ year forced pause).
    The style from TFN is the actual one I wanna have at least in most "milsim" games. A style that is aware of the SOPs for some realism based simulation as much as it is possible and especially in the comms.

Then for other games still a "similar" approach can be had but that's totally to be discussed, the important is to find an immersive simulative way for me.
    Playing solo is ok, but for me it's not the answer.

yes it's true. I met vaessili and a world has opened, still I haven't had the time to play with him, I met many of these and some have found me, actually the most have found me, and this happened even without even having a Video reel or making posts on reddit.. just writing and being lucky to be found.

I struggled with some to share a same style but in the end I need to be positive and wait for when I am back.

Regarding Ubisoft, I always have suggested methods of game design and matchmaking facilitating the meeting of proper co.op players, but unfortunately I haven't been heard from Ubisoft.
    I suggested this also in some topics.

Anyway... I know I have found and we will find more that can play with me, but the point is finding those 2- 3 stable friends to create a crew, a hardcore that lasts for very very long time.
    I know it is possible and will happen.

I tried to find also alternatives to this.. infact I thought of suggesting a sort of "RED LABEL" team members SOP topic so to have a sort of "simply based on shared standards" and houserules to be expanded in case in the various specific groups,crew, communities, clans or friend teams, but here using Ubisoft forum as a shoulder or elswhere so that having such "preparation" could have people with a same mindset or similar build on it, synchronize and join any time anywhare so everyone could benefit from a open circle of friends that share the same interpretation for a few things and will play and speak in a similar way in order to have a same quality level of immersion whether they join me you or anyone...

For me most of the videos of GRW and GRB posted by (vibing dusty) are actually the perfect example for comms handling (especially)... and it makes the game experience shine.
    Casual immersive for me is cool, but I can't play with HUD popping here and there, pinging enemies in hunt showdown and invasive HUD ... especially in non cyberpunk context games. for me it's a not go...

Yes one thing might be niche, and surely low TTK is not very niche as many request it. However I am not gonna bend to "how many people like something or not"... I know what is immersive and what not and realistic or not, if there are few that like something in the world I am aiming at finding those 100 1000 people that actually share that taste and passion and want without excessive pedantry enjoy that hardcore simulation experience.

hope to meet one day soon and play thogether if it's possible. ciao.

Suggested Topics