ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

About a month ago, the game started to freeze for no reason. It happens randomly, whether I'm driving or when I'm not moving at all it will freeze out of nowhere. When I go into task manager it will say that the game is not responding. The sound is still playing as the music can still be heard but any engine noises would just go on an infinite loop. This issue has happened 4 times already and it usually happens every week or so. I play for about 1-2 hours per day so it would seem that the mean time between crashes is about 10 hours. I haven't tried to troubleshoot this problem because it only freezes once every few days so I can't test out to see what the issue is.

Specs:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
    64GB RAM
    2TB SSD (RAID 0)
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU

Connected Devices:
    Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless
    Logitech G920 Racing Wheel
    WD Easystore 14TB (for video recording)

The last time it froze was earlier today. One thing to note was that I was using my G920 steering wheel the moment it froze. Here is a link to a screenshot I took after it crashed: https://imgur.com/a/VB1Ru4x

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 674 posts

@tbcsuperman Hey there, welcome to Discussions! I'm sorry to hear you've been running into these crashes.

The team is currently looking into some issues with crashing while the Logitech G-Hub is running. Do you always have this program running when you play the game? If you close the program completely, do you still experience crashing?

If the issue persists, I recommend giving our basic PC troubleshooting steps a try.

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mushy Yes I have Logitech G-Hub running in the background, otherwise my steering wheel won't work at all. Come to think of it I installed Logitech G-Hub around the same time the crashes started to happen. I'll try that but it'll probably be a few weeks until I can know for sure.

• Akorrr
    6 posts
    @ubi-mushy Yes I have Logitech G-Hub running in the background, otherwise my steering wheel won't work at all. Come to think of it I installed Logitech G-Hub around the same time the crashes started to happen. I'll try that but it'll probably be a few weeks until I can know for sure.

There is another tool Logitech Gaming Software
    You can use it instead G-HUB

• tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@akorrr When I use Logitech Gaming Software the steering wheel won't show up at all. And when I go into the game, the steering wheel settings are greyed out. But when I use Logitech G-HUB the steering wheel shows up and works just fine. What is going on?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @tbcsuperman ,

I'm aware of some steps other players have noted has worked for them if you could please give them a try;

1. Connect your G920 wheel
    2. Launch G-Hub
    3. Your wheel should then be recognised
    4. Completely close Logitech G-Hub
    5. Launch The Crew 2

Please let us know if there's any changes after trying this!

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-theberry The steering wheel does work now but the wheel range is stuck at 900 degrees no matter what I do. This is the same as if the wheel doesn't work at all because I can't drive properly when the wheel range is at 900 degrees. Is there any way to fix this issue?

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1517 posts

Hey @tbcsuperman, thanks for the update there and sorry to hear your wheel is stuck at 900 degrees.

Did you possibly check your Logitech software and made the changes for wheel rotation? If you have yet it remains the same, there also may be a little tickbox along the lines of 'Allow game to make the changes', therefore I would un-tick it if you do see one.

To add, if no calibration is present, this can also indicate issue with power, so make sure that wheel is all fully plugged in.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-karl So it has been over a month since something major happened. But something very strange happened today. When playing, the game froze out of nowhere but when I go to task manager, it said that the game was still responding. When I go back into the game there is a black screen. I did all of the steps mentioned above about launching G HUB and then completely closing it. It all worked well until today. If Logitech G HUB isn't to blame here then what is?

I would also like to mentioned that the game crashed a few times in the past month but it gave me the "oh no it crashed" message. I occasionally get this crash message but I don't think much about it as it has been happening for years now.

• Ubi-Mercury
    Ubisoft Support Staff 619 posts

I'm sorry to hear that this issue has persisted @tbcsuperman. Would you please confirm if you were able to complete this general technical troubleshooting guide that was previously provided? Thanks!

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mercury Yes I completed the troubleshooting guide. However, I noticed that my drivers are still at 497.29 which was released on 12/20/2021. But the issues started happening a while before they were released so I can conclude that I already updated my drivers beforehand. I'll update my drivers to 511.79 today but I don't think they are the cause of the issues. I also verified game files a few times in the past few months with the last time being a month ago. I'll verify them again today. Is there anything else I could check?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2456 posts

Hey @tbcsuperman ,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Just checking in to see how you're getting on after updating your drivers?

Are there any changes or are you still having performance issues?

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-theberry So far so good. I managed to play for 5 days without the game freezing or crashing. But only time will tell if the issues are still there. Before the previous freeze I managed to go 2 weeks without any issues.

I was thinking about what you mean by completely closing Logitech G HUB. Ever since you mentioned that I have been closing every single background task with "LGHUB" in its name and the Logitech G HUB program itself before starting the game but I was wondering if I needed to close anything else. I already can't close the LGHUB updater because it won't go away no matter what.

This is most likely an unrelated issue but for some reason the cancel button is empty in the control settings: https://imgur.com/fYeQMlk

• Ubi-Mercury

I'm glad to hear that you've been now able to play again without freezing @tbcsuperman!

In regards to the "LGHUB update" task in task manager not being able to close, it may be an issue where Logitech G Hub is not updating correctly. I would recommend a clean reinstall: (https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/articles/360023192454-G-HUB-Install-Uninstall-Update-Troubleshooting) of the Logitech G Hub. If that helps, please let me know!

For the cancel action not showing a key, please try resetting it to the default key, then adjusting to your preferred key to see if that helps.

Official Response
  • tbcsuperman
    Original poster 8 posts

@ubi-mercury I forgot to mention something in my previous post. Ever since I installed Logitech G HUB I have also been running the old Logitech Gaming Software in the background without knowing it. I was wondering if having both Logitech G HUB and Logitech Gaming Software running at the same time causes any conflicts. If so, could this conflict have caused some of the game crashes and freezing over the past few months? And is this conflict the reason why my wheel range is sometimes stuck at 900 degrees? What should I do about this?

Also I managed to solve the keybinds issue by deleting the "Bindings_Keyboard" file in the documents folder and relaunching the game to create a new one.

• Ubi-Mercury

Thanks for the update on the situation @tbcsuperman!

In regards to having both Logitech Gaming Software & Logitech G HUB running at the same, I would recommend having only Logitech G HUB installed & running, as it may cause software conflicts. If you continue to experience your wheel range being stuck with only Logitech G HUB installed & running, please keep me updated. Also, I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the "cancel" keybind issue!

Official Response
  • livestreamfre
    8 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics