ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/56 Replies/2668 Views
    Richj_44
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for taking some action to help us out! I have remapped the ";", but as agent7217 mentioned, I have all the keys around it mapped as well so it's still in danger of being pressed. I am just going to wait for it to get sorted out as my fingers really don't want to have to learn all new keys 🙂

• lunamoonraker
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for the quick response and taking the time to check this.

• lunamoonraker
    7 posts

@richj_44 I kept hitting it by mistake also. Temporary workaround for me as I have a Logictech keyboard with Game Mode, I enabled that and disabled the ';' key to avoid more accidentals mishaps😊.

Hopefully they fix it soon as it seems repeatable.

• Floozig
    1 posts

Hi folks,

Same here, I'm using the M key on an Azerty keyboard.
    For now I still have access to the map through tabbing from a menu to another. For example from quest to map.

But old habits are tricky and I still get stuck for nothing sometimes.

Thanks for addressing the issue.

• Achilis82
    1 posts

@ubi-keo Good evening. I just installed ACV and started experiencing this issue immediately. At first I didn't correlate it to a keybinding issue. I just thought the game was freezing. I finally came across this post and realized it is in fact a keybind issue for me.

I am left-handed and I used the "O,K,L,:" keys as my substitute for the standard "W,A,S,D" as I play with my right hand on the keyboard I shift all my keybinds to the right side of my keyboard. I tested this after finding this post and it is indeed the ";" key while in game that causes the momentary screen glitch and loss of mouse and keyboard inputs forces me to close the game. In truth this is completely game breaking for me because I've trained myself to play on the right side of my keyboard for decades now.

I'm really hoping there is a fix to this that I haven't found online. Or at least some confirmation the DEV team is looking for a fix. Loving the AC line and I just started them by playing in historical order. Played Odyssey, then Origins, now trying Valhalla...hopefully

Thank you in advance for your time.

• GettCouped
    1 posts

Hello,

I have the exact same issue with the ';' key. As a left handed gamer this has caused me to stop playing the game. It has been over a month, is there any update on this bug fix? Are we able to revert back to a previous version until this is fixed?
    Appreciate all your help and I hope this can be raised for resolution or at least let us play a previous version that worked fine.

Thank you!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about encountering an issue wherein the mouse and keyboard stops responding to inputs after using the default map key (using keys such as ; / M / Ö, depending on your keyboard) into a single Megathread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion was disrupted by this merge. By creating a single thread, it helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find place.

The development team have been notified of this issue occurring in-game, and are investigating further. We have also had reports that this issue occurs if you have mapped different commands (such as moving) to default map key (such as ; / M / Ö, depending on your keyboard). If you have been affected by this issue and you haven't yet provided us with the following information, please can you let us know the following:

• Which key do you use to open the map with? If you can share an image of your key mapping, this would be very helpful!
    • Can you please ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud? You can check this by looking for the cloud icon on your most recent save.

We can then forward these reports as part of the ongoing investigation.

In the meantime, we would recommend that you use an alternative key for your control mapping, rather than ; / M / Ö. We understand that this may not be your preference, and apologise for any impact that this has on your gaming experience.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Richj_44
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis, I appreciate you trying to help and I wish the folks in tech support were as diligent. I opened a ticket on this issue on Jan 8th. They ran me through all the usual stupid hoops like rebooting and playing in safe mode and stuff for a week or so then finally agreed it was a problem and referred it up the chain.
    The last time I heard a word out of support on my ticket was Jan 15th. Since then my inquiries have been ignored. Do you have any news, or can you convince support to actually respond to my ticket? It's still open, but as far as I can tell it's in the Twilight Zone.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Richj_44!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied for the support you've received via your support ticket. I've passed on your feedback to the dedicated teams.

I've checked in on the investigation, and it looks like the development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released for the game. As soon as we have more confirmed details to share, they will be posted within this thread, as well as via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum. Please keep an eye out in these places for more information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Richj_44
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis Thanks for checking, it's much appreciated!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome, @Richj_44! 😄

Once we have more confirmed information to share, such as an ETA for the fix, we will do our best to let you all know within this thread as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2670 posts

Hey everyone, 

This issue should now be fixed with today's update. The patch notes can be found here

If you still have this issue after updating the game, please let us know here.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey guys, I just want to add here that if you do come across the issue again, could you please also capture a video for us? Please ensure the video displays the current game version which should be 1.5.0. The game version is displayed at the main menu in the lower right hand corner. You could directly upload the clip to an online video-sharing platform like Twitter or YouTube. Alternatively, if you would prefer, you could transfer the video to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. 

• Richj_44
    8 posts

@ubi-froggard Thanks so much! I had about given up playing this game, but I booted it this morning and it downloaded the update. And it actually fixed my issue, so I'm looking forward to finally playing the expansion. Thanks again, you rock.

• Ubi-Borealis

Glad to hear that everything has been resolved for you following TU 1.5.0, @Richj_44! I hope you enjoy continuing your Valhalla adventures! 😄

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you require any additional support.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

As we have had no reports of issues persisting with the mouse and keyboard inputs following the release of TU 1.5.0, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any trouble with your controls inputting, please feel welcome to create a new thread and our team will investigate further. When creating a new thread, please ensure that you include a video of the issue you've encountered, as this is helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics