ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/56 Replies/2494 Views
    quakeas
    Original poster 3 posts

Hey
    Whenever i press the map, the world map doesnt show, then i have 0 input from keyboard on mouse
    Playing on pc, this happened since the new patch today

anyone else has the same issue ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no reports of issues persisting with the mouse and keyboard inputs following the release of TU 1.5.0, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any trouble with your controls inputting, please feel welcome to create a new thread and our team will investigate further. When creating a new thread, please ensure that you include a video of the issue you've encountered, as this is helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lordofsidious
    17 posts

i have already play valhalla but im taking the boat to raid for suplies but if im push M button map keyboard then glitch the screen and i can not command keyboard or others option with keyboard and mouse can you fix this bug glitch map im try do map to see but screen is glitch af pls fix this bug asap on patch devs!

• Xorxe9
    5 posts

@quakeas Yup, same issu, but with "ů" key, which I have for mount before update. UBI, pls dont update your game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4069 posts

Hi @quakeas @Xorxe9 I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your controls since installing the latest update.

Can you both please try verifying the game files and launch the game again.

If the issue persists I would also recommend going through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and much more.

If the issue still persist can you confirm the following:

• Are you using custom or default controls
    • Does this only happen when you attempt to open the map in game or do any other actions cause this
    • Other than your mouse and keyboard do you have any other USB devices plugged into your PC
    • Which version of Windows are you using

@lordofsidious I have merged your post with this thread as it appears your having the same issue. Can you also try the PC troubleshooting steps above and if the issue persists answer the questions I asked, thanks.

Official Response
  • Xorxe9
    5 posts

Verifying files just now. Key worked just fine yesterday, so its update problem, not my computer.
    Im using custom keys setup.
    key that is causing the problem is the "ů" key, or ";" key on EN keyboard layout, the one right of the key "L". I have it maped to calling a mount.
    usb external disk, but as I sad, it worked yesterday with the exact setup
    win10 home 21H2

What I noticed is, that the key does nothing in menus no glitch, but if I'm playing in the game world and press it, it looks like its trying to summon some menu, but in the process of bringing menu up (it starts to show black screen) just stops, glitches to normal Eivor view, but now I have no keyboard input. I can Alt+Tab, numlock works, its not frozen keyboard, the game just dont recognize my keyboard anymore, like I was switched to another input device. But I have only K+M, no controler is pluged or anything (just HD, but thats irelevant)

• Ubi-Keo

@xorxe9 Thanks for the update.

Do you happen to have a game controller that you could plug in to test to see if the issue still occurs? This will help to identify if it is only affecting mouse and keyboard.

Official Response
  • Xorxe9
    5 posts

So after some testing here what I found:
    verifying files didnt help
    I remaped the summon mount to another key and it works fine
    the ů/; key is not maped to anything yet still produces the glitch. It clearly wants to summon some menu, but fails.
    all my menus are working fine even map and even on shortcut keys
    controler works fine, I pressed all possible combination, summoned mount, accessed map, all good
    So I can play, but I have self destruct button in a game. If my finger slipes, the game is Fed. Probably new form of difficulty

• Ehtur
    1 posts

@quakeas Same problem here with the map key, and I've verified and reinstalled the game, with no improvements.
    I use custom controls : the map key is the ";" on a EN keyboard. When I revert the map key to its default position, it works fine, but the ";" key is still bugged when I press it, trying to open something and preventing any other input.
    I don't have any other USB device plugged in, and I use Windows 10

• Xorxe9
    5 posts

Ok, thats 2 cases now. So it seems that ";" key (right besides the "L" key) is hardcoded in some new config file to open something thats not fully implemented in game (maybe new DLC) or its some forgotten part of the code. And if you press that key it bricks the game, no matter what. It doesnt need to be bound to anything. Interesting.

• Nurieth
    1 posts

Same issue for me since the update ! 😢

• Morkhana
    1 posts

@quakeas Hello, I have the same problem and I have been playing since the game was released, this is the first bug that prevents me from playing. Otherwise, the game and the music are magnificent, even if the game lacks of depth. Thank you

• lordofsidious
    17 posts

@ubi-keo np did not work with verify files its just the map glitch issue if you push M keybinding then the screen can not move with mouse and keyboard i did verify game files and im in valhalla game then im taking boat and its a glitch map if you push M button keyboard for see on map but for me its just default keybinding and mouse too but its a bug with glitch map if you push M key then the screen stay away with keybinding and mouse can not move on others screen and can not move boat anywhere if im push button then glitch the screen pls its a issue with glitch map dev

• Tranexx0
    1 posts

@quakeas Exactly the same here, after the update. I used M to bring up the worldmap. I now switched it to another key which works fine but the unmapped M key (which i still use accidentally ) keeps making keyboard and mouse completely block until a re-boot of the game. Ubisoft definitely messed it up with the update.

• Creezy40270
    1 posts

Same issue here... first play since the patch and when I pressed the map key (M button on French Keyboard, right side of the L) no input from keyboard or mouse is working but the game still runs normally

Verified the files two times to be sure - no change.

• Bockelbam
    1 posts

In Valhalla, since the update of 12/14/21, once in the island of Skye, impossible to open the world map.
    As soon as I try to open the map, the game is not controllable anymore, no key interacts with the game. I have to close the game and restart it.
    The game does not crash, it runs well, the character is still animated, but no more possibility to move for example, no more keys work.

I am on PC, Windows 11

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @Ehtur @lordofsidious @Morkhana @Nurieth @quakeas @Xorxe9 @creezy40270 I can confirm that the development team have reproduced this issue when pressing the ";" key. For the time being I can only recommend that you change to the default key bindings or rebind the ";" key to something else.

For those who are experiencing the issue by pressing the default key "M" please do the same and I will inform the development team that the default key is also affecting some players.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • lordofsidious
    17 posts

@ubi-keo thx ubi its fixed already i did rebind key to M key to this , key then its done and now its fixed not glitch map 😉

• PeterCha
    1 posts

@ubi-keo thanks, I also have this issue with the ";" key, I hope it can be fixed in a future patch.

• iDeFiXbe
    1 posts

Yep same issue here on PC since the latest update. It's like I have a self-destructing button that needs a CTRL-ALT-DEL intervention to escape the game. I have to mark my keyboard button not to use it because I am used to klick on it. Even binding the world map to another key, the new key and standard binding results to this problem.
    Ubisoft asked me to send some data files + screenshots of all my keyboard settings and a video clip of what's happening when calling the world map. Still waiting on any solution. Luckily i am not alone with this glitch and a solution is needed. Fingers crossed.

• BoomHeadShot8
    3 posts

Hello,
    I've been playing for 1 week now the game is running fine on w10 but I have a problem with the "m" button on the keyboard : I have assigned the button to call the horse but when I press it I can't do anything, it's like the keyboard and the mouse have been disconnected, all user input are disabled, camera is blocked but the game is running. The only way to exit the game is alt+f4, echap not working
    I've tried to reassign the horse call with another button : it works but the "m" button still "pause" te game.
    I've checked the files but all seems good.

Please anyone can help me ? 🙂
    Thank you

Suggested Topics