ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mikesfirehawk
    6 posts

Mystery Event task you with catching an eel for a cooks sauce, I caught many many eels. I go back to him, he says put it in pot. Pot has a triangle symbol that says interact. I hit triangle, hold it, save and load, turn system off and on, tried killing my character and still the button pressing doesn't interact. It does auto save the game after trying and nothing happens... this is preventing me from completing all territories trophy. Has been an issue since January 2021, platform is a PS4, I have all updates and DLC.

Have a similar issue in Ireland as well.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 924 posts

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that you have trouble interacting with the pot.

So we can see what is happening would it be possible to share a link to a video using a 3rd party video sharing site of your choice?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • mikesfirehawk
    6 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck

Truthfully I don't use much social media or know alot about it. I could shoot a video with my phone and upload it to someone or somewhere you suggest? The event is called Ledecestrescire Sauce. Thank you for replying and will do what I can to help show the issue.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2552 posts

Hello @mikesfirehawk, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am aware of an issue that prevents players from adding the eel to the pot, but do not believe we have had any clips submitted by players of this world event, to my knowledge.

Are you able to upload a clip to a video hosting website such as Imgur or Youtube, then send us a link to view it please?

I did manage to find a few workarounds you can try in the meantime -

1. Once you have the eel in your inventory, try travelling out of the area via the atlas, the travel back and interact with the man
    2. Before speaking to the man after landing an eel, take the ration pot next to the fire, then proceed to interact with the man and his pot
    Official Response
  • Tomd16052112
    5 posts

This has been brought up before but over 7 months ago so I'm hoping somebody has found a fix for it because it feels like I've tried everything!

I have an encountered an issue with the mystery involving using an eel to make Ledechesteshire sauce.

I acquired the eel but can't interact with the pot. The prompt appears to press the Y button (Xbox controller) and the E button as I have tried both keyboard and controller. I have also tried remapping the interact button, reloading a previous save and loading a manual save right infton of it. I've restarting my PC several times and have now played around 20 more hours but every time I go back I have the same issue. Nothing seems to work!

This the last mystery for the area and is probably bugging me more than is should but a fix would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• Tomd16052112
    5 posts

Hi! Was a fix ever found for this? I'm having this same issue!

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 802 posts

@tomd16052112 Hey there, sorry for not responding to your post sooner!

The team is aware of this issue, but they've had some trouble reproducing it. Would you be able to record a video of the issue, upload it to Youtube, and link it in this thread?

Additionally, do you recall what you did just before this issue appeared? Did you catch a new eel for the mystery, or did you already have one?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @tomd16052112 and welcome to Discussions!

Sorry to hear you are unable to complete "Ledecestrescire Sauce". Could you please confirm for me that your game was fully updated but the issue still persists?

If that's the case, I would kindly ask you to record a short video and send us a link so we can investigate this further. Please also make sure that your latest saves are uploaded to the cloud.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Official Response
  • Tomd16052112
    5 posts

@ubi-mushy Hi!

Here is the link to a short video of the issue:

In the video I am pressing the Y button and can pick up the rations but not interact with the pot. I have also tried E on the keyboard but nothing seems to work. I have also tried remapping the keyboard button but with no luck.

When I first encountered the Mystery/Event the first thing I did was go down into his cellar and collect the treasure. I most likely also broke some pots. I then went and talked to him. I did not have an eel so went down to the dock and caught one by shooting it with the bow and arrow, which was then collected by my Raven.

When I returned I was asked to put it in the pot but could not interact with it. I then mediated and a dialogue played but I still could not interact with the pot.

I have since discovered that if I sell all of the eels in my inventory and return it reverts to the stage where I am asked to go and catch an eel. I tried again but this time using the fishing line to catch the eel but that also did not work.

I have tried saving and loading next to the pot and travelling to different areas and back. I have also tried catching an eel from a different location but that did not work.

Thank you for your help with this!

• Tomd16052112
    5 posts

@ubi-oxavo Hi!

I can confirm that the game is full updated, cloud saves are up to date and unfortunately the issue persists. You should be able to see my video and description of the issue in this thread now!

Thank you,
    Tom

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Hello there,

I have merged together several threads about being unable to complete "Ledecestrescire Sauce" into a single thread. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Creating a single thread helps us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in an easy-to-find location.

I'm sorry to hear that a number of you have encountered trouble when completing this world event. The development team has looked into this issue previously, but has been unable to reproduce the problem during testing. If you have been unable to interact with the pot during this mystery, please can you provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are unable to interact with the pot during this world event.

I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at. Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date copy of your save file uploaded to the Cloud. You can check this by looking for a cloud icon on your most recent save. We can then forward these reports to the development team to see if this helps in reproducing the issue during further testing.

I personally encountered this issue in my own game. I was able to resolve this issue by creating a manual save right next to the pot. I then quit to the main menu and reloaded my new save. Upon loading in next to the pot, I found I was able to interact with it! 😄 You could give these steps a try to see if this allows you to complete the world event.

@Tomd16052112 - Thank you for taking the time to upload a video for us! I've shared this, as well as more information about your experience with this world event, to see if this can help in reproducing the issue. If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Tomd16052112
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis Hi!

Thank you for your help so far! Here is a link to slightly longer video which also shows the main menu screen:

I hope that helps! I have also tried loading a manual save right next to the pot and spamming interact but that didn't seem to make a difference unfortunately!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help! 🙂

Tom

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

Thanks for sharing that slightly longer video with us, @Tomd16052112! I'd greatly appreciated 😄 I've forwarded this to the development team as well so they can take a closer look.

If we require any additional information about your report, we'll reach out to you within this thread. In the meantime, we'll also be sure to post any future updates from the investigation within the forums as well, so please keep an eye out!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics