ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AshitakaNago
    Original poster 4 posts

Odin’s Sight has stopped working after completing “The Tale of Thegn Oswald Chapter 2”. Enemies do not become highlighted. After completing chapter 3, nothing becomes highlighted. Wildlife, treasure, etc. The only thing I have noticed that does get highlighted are the critical points on some enemies. This has rendered the game unplayable for me, as it is impossible to stealth (which is my favorite part of AC) and I cannot find any treasure using R3. I am on PS5, playing the PS5 Version of Valhalla, using a Dualsense Controller. The game is up to date as well.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 208 posts

Hey @ashitakanago! This is quite odd. Have you been able to go through these basic troubleshooting steps? I would also recommend a clean reinstall of the game. If none of these work, please provide me with a video of what is happening exactly and I would be happy to look into this further.

Official Response
  • AshitakaNago
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-peach Yes, I have tried changing the button mapping for Odin’s Sight to holding up on the Dpad, that did not work, nor did it when I reset the controls back to default. I have closed the application and reopened it many times, as well as restarted my console multiple times, but, to no avail. If there is no other option I can try reinstalling the game, but I’m working with 5mbps lol. (It is the fastest offered at my location sadly.)

• AshitakaNago
    Original poster 4 posts

@ashitakanago Wait, it is working now. I was about to record the video, but it’s fixed. When I was last on it, I changed from Chapter 4 of Oswald’s Story and switched to the first River Raid mission. During this mission I got frustrated because Odin’s Sight was still not working and just closed my app instead of Saving like I normally do. Perhaps that is what fixed it??

• AshitakaNago
    Original poster 4 posts

@ashitakanago False Alarm actually, switched back to Chapter 4 of Oswald’s story and it’s doing it again. It must be something to do with this questline. It is also saying do not have any privilege to post a video.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 598 posts

Hello again @AshitakaNago , thanks for the details provided. I just went through all of your messages and wanted to ask once again if you have tried reinstalling the game? I see you've mentioned that you'll try to reinstall it so want to make sure it's done?

Speaking about the video, you can record a video showing the issue and the game version and upload it on any hosting of your choice and just send us the link so we can investigate it further.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics