ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Karakzorn
    Original poster 47 posts

This may not come as a surprise to many, but lots of people were repeating the same arguments:
    I know these issues are easily fixable, but I’m going post my suggestions anyway.

Cheaters
    This is not an issue I understand how to fix, perhaps throwing more money at it will fix it, however if management does not care to save or salvage this project of 7 years, best milk it dry a few more years and then turn off the servers, repairing siege will require work and critical thinking.

Removal of dead bodies
    This is a pretty simple one, this change however nice, should probably be toggleable. If players had the choice of reducing their game’s graphics setting to optimise FPS, only people who really wanted to win would turn that setting on. However, most people also play siege for its wonderful art design, and the theme of combat, corpses add to this world. I think people should have the freedom of immersing in a virtual violent combat game by seeing corpses that tell a bloody tale of foregone battle.

Lack of innovation/stale
    This isn’t even true, but it’s the way new content is received and processed by players.
    People WANT to try out new content, because they want a fresh, new, rewarding experience.
    However, people only get a rewarding experience when they feel rewarded for trying something new, or unique, it’s the sense of exploration.
    However, the meta is super defender sided, and the new maps have not fixed that, and the new operators are behind a pay-wall that not everyone is willing to grind or pay for, not everyone can explore or play the new content. The new attacking operators have not fixed the defender sided nature of the game either, so people will unlikely have a good reason to play them.
    This effectively in all honesty means that the new content added, does not count, as it did not add a new, fresh rewarding experience. Save for the defending operators being added.
    Sadly, for the new defender operators, they don’t come with an interesting new playstyle, just a very weak gadget, and a powerful gun, it’s not inspiring a radical new playstyle, or gives people a sense of exploration for long.

Nerfing in general
    While nerfing is healthy for a game, it did not enable new exciting playstyles. Take Kali for instance, a character with an exiting new weapon that behaves very uniquely. Nerfing jaeger or the Roni or whatever gun have you, did not enable these unique operators to become viable. The devs seriously need to look at their game with a fresh look and explore which operators provide a unique gameplay experience, and buff those specific operators, they have 7 years worth of operators to choose from, surely the devs can find a way to buff old but unique operators. Castle for instance has been extremely refreshing as of late, but there are so many examples remaining on attack, simply waiting to be exploited, but with the defenders only being played, some core gameplay change must be introduced to give attackers a chance. With siege already on its last legs, go wild, change the meta completely, make massive swooping changes that completely shift the meta so the entire game has to be re-leaned and the meta feels fresh and exciting again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Slyrr7
    115 posts

@karakzorn Generally correct. Still - I thought they'd lost a lot MORE than 79%, so maybe they think they're doing better than 'expected'...

• Fulgrim.DVR
    2 posts

@karakzorn my toughts written on this post,
    my entire squad and myself are goners by now, game evolved so crappy over the last years..

cheaters are out of control indeed

dead bodies was the final stab for me, they had one of the best ragdoll mechanics of them all and seeing it removed.. sucks big time, we all miss entering a room with a chaotic mess of bodies after a heavy shooting 😄

innovation: they were for the cartoonish fortnitish path, with gender issues involved in new operators which is.. absolutely innecesary, i dont care if my op likes to give or take! BUT they shouldn't be a colorful cyan-magenta fest instead of a grim and "serious" game which represented real tactical teams of the world. im looking at you, Osa!

i'll add:
    -overbalancing of operators (it felt ok to have some of them more powerful than others!)
    -dead bodies (again, beacause this was a big deal)
    -night maps (were dope, casual matches shouldn't have had them removed!)
    -map reworks (maps used to be very unique! now they all feel the same, like symmetrical piled boxes, super dull and boring)

Suggested Topics