ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PepperParish
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi team, been trying to install Rainbow 6 Extraction and i keep getting "Failed to start download: Download failed due to a disk access error"

Only happens with this game.
    I've done all the obvious things one would do in this instance. Is this a known thing?
    Seems there are plenty of folks out there who have had the issue but no real fix from Ubisoft that i can find as yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3985 posts

Hi @pepperparish I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues downloading Rainbow Six Extraction.

Could you please go through the troubleshooting in our support article here then try again and confirm if that resolves the issue.

Official Response
  • PepperParish
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-keo I went through the steps and still had the same issue. I did manage to find a way to install it though it wasn't ideal.
    I'll share with you the details so maybe you can pass it on or if others have similar issues they can see it here.

So my Ubisoft Connect app is installed on a HDD while i tend to install my games onto a SSD.
    I thought maybe the issue was them not being on the same drive so i reinstalled UC onto my SSD, sadly it still wouldn't initiate download past the error.
    So i thought maybe I'll try download the game onto my HDD and suddenly there was no error and it began installing.
    Obviously not where i want the game stored but I'm going to move it to the SSD manually after it downloads and change the install location via game properties so no issue there.
    However i wonder if it's because it was installing on a SSD that was the issue in the first place? I'm not sure, might be useful information to anyone suffering a similar issue.
    Farcry 6 had no issue with downloading nor did 2-3 other games i tested, just R6 Extraction.

I appreciate you getting back to me and am just glad to be finally getting to play the game.
    Thanks.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3985 posts

@pepperparish Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear that you were able to download the game.

It is strange that it would not download on your SSD, I am unsure why it didn't.

I hope you enjoy the game 🙂

Official Response
  • KrimzonKnight
    1 posts

@ubi-keo I am having the exact same problem as detailed above, except instead of the problem being Rainbow 6 Extraction the problem was with Roller Champions.

I tried the troubleshoot page that was linked above as suggested to the original poster, with no success.

I have 1 HDD and 2SSD. The HDD and one of the SSDs are reserved for my game library, while the 2nd SSD is where i have my windows OS installed. It wouldn't install to any of my drives. I know the drives themselves are not the problem, as the one has my OS on it and i have games installed onto the other two that are running perfectly fine (including Rainbow 6 Extraction). Roller Champions continues to not let me install it with the same error every time.

Suggested Topics